What's new

20 children die after eating free school lunch in India

happened in 2-3 temples don't remember much but one was surely padmanabh swami temple in trivandrum .

I go there at least twice a year and never ever faced a situation like what you mentioned, just can believe what you say.

Just wat to clear it again, you had gone to 2 or 3 temples and don't remember much but you remember them asking for you caste to enter ( I spesify again) to enter the temple?

I go there at least twice a year and never ever faced a situation like what you mentioned, just can believe what you say.

Just wat to clear it again, you had gone to 2 or 3 temples and don't remember much but you remember them asking for you caste to enter ( I spesify again) to enter the temple?

lol i was a kid (10-12 years). but as i a remember , yeah they asked for both of them caste and gotra. (i don't remember the name , but it was the one where i had to wear a lungi and nothing on top)

20 children die after eating free school lunch in India

PATNA, India – *At least 20 children have died and more are sick after eating free meals at a primary school in eastern India, an official said Wednesday.
Bihar state official Abhijit Sinha said another 27 children and the school cook have been hospitalized in Patna, the state capital. Ten of them are in serious condition. The children are age 8 to 11.
They fell ill soon after eating meals in the school on Tuesday in Masrakh, a village 80 kilometers (50 miles) north of Patna. They were rushed to a local hospital and later to the state capital for treatment, Sinha said
The meal was cooked in the school kitchen.
P.K. Sahi, the state education minister, said a preliminary investigation suggests the food had traces of phosphorous, which is used to preserve rice and wheat.
Many state governments in India have launched midday meal programs for poor children. Malnutrition is one of the major health concerns among Indian children.
Bihar state Chief Minister Nitish Kumar ordered an inquiry.
Authorities have suspended a food inspector and registered a case of criminal negligence against the school headmaster.

Read more: 20 children die after eating free school lunch in India | Fox News

It wasn't free, they payed with their lives. Poor children, sad a country which spends over $45 billion in defense and military spending doesn't feed clean and healthy food to it's most vulnerable children.

It wasn't free, they payed with their lives. Poor children, sad a country which spends over $10 billion in defense and military spending doesn't feed clean and healthy food to it's most vulnerable children.

Children mid day meal is only one of its kind in world.

This is really a big mistake as mentioned by minister of bihar "Oil used in food has poison" so its again case of corruption, some one bought cheap food to make money for himself.

Children mid day meal is only one of its kind in world.

This is really a big mistake as mentioned by minister of bihar "Oil used in food has poison" so its again case of corruption, some one bought cheap food to make money for himself.

The food isn't simply cheap it's downright toxic, there should be regulations put in place to prevent this.

as far as the updates on the. the main reason was pesticide.the principle kept the oil in an unwashed can of pesticide.not sure if it's true or just politicians trying to cover the matter

The food isn't simply cheap it's downright toxic, there should be regulations put in place to prevent this.

What you think ... no regulations for this??

We are here in South Asia famous for corruption.... I want culprit to be hanged in public.

shubham
its common in any temple to ask for gotra to do archana in ur name.when and where were anyone killed in tg violence man?dont make up things.MP and rajastan were also useless states but there seem to be some change in them now.all the indian states are backwards according to western states but ppl of bihar and up are as barbaric as 1400 yr old arab bedouins

just now i am reading a news of some 20 thugs entering into a girls hostel in jharkand and carrying away 4 girls and raping them.jharkand is separated from bihar.now tell me in how many states of india such type of things are common

shubham
its common in any temple to ask for gotra to do archana in ur name.when and where were anyone killed in tg violence man?dont make up things.MP and rajastan were also useless states but there seem to be some change in them now.all the indian states are backwards according to western states but ppl of bihar and up are as barbaric as 1400 yr old arab bedouins

just now i am reading a news of some 20 thugs entering into a girls hostel in jharkand and carrying away 4 girls and raping them.jharkand is separated from bihar.now tell me in how many states of india such type of things are common

Are you one of those Dravidian chauvinists?:hitwall:

If the incident wasnt bad enough the programme I saw on Times Now last eve was worse.

It made me hang my head in shame to see the JD(U) MP defend his part& its inability to provide basics to children and see other Pol Parties make it into a point scoring match.

Truly disgusting.

This is a very sad incident. I have seen the mid day meal quality in some states and its quite good. Bihar govt must have checked food quality.

Yes the quality of meals in some places is good yet the people involved in preparing these meals have a fair share of involvement in corruption.

Frankly speaking even I thought the same . Remember BJP quitted Bihar a few days ago with a temporary warning to Nitish Kumar.
A theory is such that I may have been an act of BJP or even congress . I dont know man but something tells me this is a political stunt in the heated politics of Bihar. Let's hope I may be wrong !!! :angry:

The food supplies were kept next to sacks full of pesticide, and the can used to store cooking oil likely had contained the pesticide before and not been washed. This is not deliberate poisoning, but criminal negligence by the school authorities (supplies were found in the headmistress's godown).

Back
Top Bottom