What's new

2,000 Russian Troops Land in Crimea

karta_20_1_10_big.jpg

the blue one, at least.

That looks a big chunk. I am sure Putin can bite it. :enjoy:

With reference to the graphic, are the blue areas the one where majority of people speak Russian? Made a wild guess. Please clarify.

Sorry but Russia is now occupying ukraine and no one can stop it , it pretty much proofs that Russia will eventually become the sole power in Eastern Europe , Asia and middle east

The thing you dont understand my friend, military mighty alone doesnt make you a superpower. I am telling you again, eventually Russia will step back.

Obama bitchslapped by Putin twice, within a year.:lol::lol:

At least, democrats should now stop making fun of Bush.

Sorry but Russia is now occupying ukraine and no one can stop it , it pretty much proofs that Russia will eventually become the sole power in Eastern Europe , Asia and middle east
Russia is strong against failed states like Ukraine and Georgia. Its influence beyond former USSR republics is minor.

Only superpowers in the world are US and China.

TIME OUT !!! TIME OUT !!! Everyone go smoke a fatty and be back in 5 minutes. BREAK !!!:enjoy:

Russia is strong against failed states like Ukraine and Georgia. Its influence beyond former USSR republics is minor.

Russia picks on small countries and then acts like it is tough. Russia is like the big kid on the play ground. He beats up the wimps but then one day a kid kicks his ***. In russia's case that kid was the chechens and the afghans.

I think there is no superpower left in the world atm.
US was a superpower from 1989 to 2008, not anymore.
China may become one in the future, though.

Only three countries in E.U. have something resembling a Military force , U.K. , Germany and Frace . U.K. stays away from politics of mainland europe and after ww1 has never gone in an war without U.S. backing . Germany and France even together are not much of a force against Russia .

The UK went to war with Argentina without U.S. military involvement.

I think there is no superpower left in the world atm.
US was a superpower from 1989 to 2008, not anymore.
China may become one in the future, though.

Why 2008?

That looks a big chunk. I am sure Putin can bite it. :enjoy:

With reference to the graphic, are the blue areas the one where majority of people speak Russian? Made a wild guess. Please clarify.
Yes. It lands inhabited by Russian and Russian-speaking Ukrainians. Although "Russian-speaking Ukrainians" - this is a tautology as Ukrainians and Russian - one nation which date back to the Kievan Rus.
Specifically, this graphics - map of elections. Votes are always divided in this way.

Why 2008?
I think 2008 was the year impenetrable image of US economy took a beating and articles about China's rise began to surface.
So for me that was the pivotal moment US lost the aura of superpower.Its still the strongest country though.

I think 2008 was the year impenetrable image of US economy took a beating and articles about China's rise began to surface.
So for me that was the pivotal moment US lost the aura of superpower.Its still the strongest country though.

Okay some news articles says this and thats the fact? I remember people claimed Vietnam War ended the U.S. as a status of superpower. Don't know if its true or not. Or how about the rise of Japan and fall of the U.S. in the 80s and 90s.

Okay some news articles says this and thats the fact? I remember people claimed Vietnam War ended the U.S. as a status of superpower. Don't know if its true or not. Or how about the rise of Japan and fall of the U.S. in the 80s and 90s.

Who knows ? I wasn't around at the time of Viet war to have an opinion on that.
Anyways IMO, being superpower is about taking unilateral actions with no regards about world opinion.Something no country in the world can afford right now.

The UK went to war with Argentina without U.S. military involvement.

Why 2008?
The fact Georgia was supposed to enter NATO then abandoned to mercy of Russians in 2008 war.

Last edited:
This is far more serious than it seems.

This will have a domino effect, putting pressure on Chinese leaders to show similar determination in SCS.

Hah, I wish.

The truth is though, that we don't have that kind of power projection yet. Maybe to take on the small fish in the SCS, but not the bigger fish.

Russia is a former superpower who industrialized a long time ago. We are not in that league yet, despite our economic growth.

We still only spend a very small percentage of GDP on the military budget, from a lower starting point too. It will have to wait until at least 2020 before we can effectively do what Russia is doing right now.

We need to get up to a decent base level first, since we were left so far behind in the last two hundred years. But we have learned to wait.

Back
Top Bottom