What's new

1996 Semi Final Was Fixed ! Vinod Kambli

Pukhtoon

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

New Delhi: Former Indian cricketer Vinod Kambli on Thursday made the shocking allegation that he suspected that the 1996 World Cup Semi Final played between India and Sri Lanka was fixed. The visibly emotional cricketer made the statement while participating in a STAR News debate on ex-chief of ICC anti-corruption unit Paul Condon statement that in the 90s and in the following years all of cricket's leading countries were involved in fixing major matches.

Kambli said he was suspicious of the captain’s decision to field first even though batting was the norm after winning the toss in those days. India had lost the match against the Lankans who shocked the cricketing world by winning the 1996 World Cup. He added that he was the only batsman left on the crease and could not take the spectacle when the Indian batting order crushed like a pack of cards. The cricketer burst into tears as he recalled that he was removed from the team after the game.

“I cried because I thought I was robbed of a chance to do it for my country. The entire team hugged me. Most of us were crying, he recalled.” A visibly emotional Kambli went on to clarify that he had never betrayed his country

Was 1996 WC semifinal between India-Sri Lana fixed: Kambli

:cheesy:

This will bring a very bad name to India and Indian cricket if proved.

This will bring a very bad name to India and Indian cricket if proved.
aur kya bad hoga..every one knows azhar and jadeja were playin that game and they are already proved guilty of match fixing

^^^ You are confused here !!

Choose one SuSpects or Azharuddin !!

Kambli suspects that the game was fixed, by the captain(Azhar) obviously. Since he is the one who decided the toss.

Azhar was caught in other match fixing issues. So we dealt with the culprit already. Even if Kamblis allegations are proved right, it won't change a thing.

aur kya bad hoga..every one knows azhar and jadeja were playin that game and they are already proved guilty of match fixing

I was talking about the network/people who are involved with Azhar to fix that game. Were they ever caught?

good for me... they are giving overdose of matches,

ban every team for 6 months in a year... lol

Now a days there is so much money in cricket but still players are involved in fixing.Banning teams will not bring any good to cricket. The logical solution is to keep the management tight both in domestic cricket as well as internationally.Also coming young players should be educated before giving them the opportunity at the international level.

With due respect Indian new breed just don't need fixing to earn extra bucks. Our players in just 20's are earning more than veterns from other countries leave young players aside. So Indian players are fixing-proof for now. But other nations should look at their young blood to avoid fixing either they will suffer like Pakistan.

Now a days there is so much money in cricket but still players are involved in fixing.Banning teams will not bring any good to cricket. The logical solution is to keep the management tight both in domestic cricket as well as internationally.Also coming young players should be educated before giving them the opportunity at the international level.

Do you really think education keep em off of fixing? I mean every child is given education about honesty... :no:

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

With due respect Indian new breed just don't need fixing to earn extra bucks. Our players in just 20's are earning more than veterns from other countries leave young players aside. So Indian players are fixing-proof for now. But other nations should look at their young blood to avoid fixing either they will suffer like Pakistan.

nothing like fixing-proof discovered yet in cricket world bro.

Paise ki bhhkh kabhi khatam nahi hoti...

Strange that he was so emotional and passionate about the country that he has only decided now to speak up. I'm always doubtful about whistle blowers like this when they only shout when they want to get on the bandwagon.

Do you really think education keep em off of fixing? I mean every child is given education about honesty... :no:

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

nothing like fixing-proof discovered yet in cricket world bro.

Paise ki bhhkh kabhi khatam nahi hoti...

Agreed but no Indian player risks his glamour, huge money and fame for some extra bucks. He know what he will face in India if he caught. So chances are very slim.:cheers:

The indian young players are no different than other humans.Lust for money can make any man crazy.Besides corruption in India is not a new thing.

Back
Top Bottom