What's new

1971 War - Indian fighter aircraft shot down by Pakistani defenders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I some time can't understand Indians.Are they School boys??? They always say ,Hey India 'WON' 1971 war?? O yeah right...Eastern Sector..Lets see the facts and Indians will hopefully see that how 'brave and tactically superior' is Indian Army..After all they 'Defeated Pakistan on Eastern Sector..

1-90 thousand Pakistani soldiers vs more than 250,000 Bharti Soldiers.
2-PAF 1 squadron vs IAF 15 Squadron.
3-Pakistan Navy's 1 submarine vs ???? You guys know
4-Pakistan Army fighting in a territory that was surrounded from 3 sides by Enemy (Indian Forces)
5-Pakistan Army already was fighting a 'civil' war with Mukhti Bahni fighters
6-Local people were immensely against Pakistan Army
7-NO logistic support at all.
8-West wing was located thousands and thousands kilometers away from East Pakistan.
9-Extreme political unrest in the country (specially in East Pakistan)

But yeah ,don't forget.. India WON.Praise to Indians cuz they clinched the 'victory' from enemy that was equal in strength :lol: Indians must be proud.
After considering the facts above,Pakistan Army's performance in East (some sectors) really makes me proud.We fought with 'real' bravery :pakistan::pakistan::tup:

the indians also conveniently forget that necessary war supplies had been cut off to Pakistan....meanwhile , soviet were liberally helping you meet your immediate defence needs
Then also in usa's lap still today.people love to get nostalgic but keep on repeating same nostalgia in future too like pressler amendment

Then also in usa's lap still today.people love to get nostalgic but keep on repeating same nostalgia in future too like pressler amendment

Nope, If you look it up, we learnt our lesson, now we don't use American tanks, rifles, grenades, ammo, subs, F-16s are made to work with a range of Chinese, European missiles(reverse engineering rocks)..........so in case of a war in the future, our victory or defeat will not hang with the will of the American Parliament.

Well, I some time can't understand Indians.Are they School boys??? They always say ,Hey India 'WON' 1971 war?? O yeah right...Eastern Sector..Lets see the facts and Indians will hopefully see that how 'brave and tactically superior' is Indian Army..After all they 'Defeated Pakistan on Eastern Sector..

1-90 thousand Pakistani soldiers vs more than 250,000 Bharti Soldiers.
2-PAF 1 squadron vs IAF 15 Squadron.
3-Pakistan Navy's 1 submarine vs ???? You guys know
4-Pakistan Army fighting in a territory that was surrounded from 3 sides by Enemy (Indian Forces)
5-Pakistan Army already was fighting a 'civil' war with Mukhti Bahni fighters
6-Local people were immensely against Pakistan Army
7-NO logistic support at all.
8-West wing was located thousands and thousands kilometers away from East Pakistan.
9-Extreme political unrest in the country (specially in East Pakistan)

But yeah ,don't forget.. India WON.Praise to Indians cuz they clinched the 'victory' from enemy that was equal in strength :lol: Indians must be proud.
After considering the facts above,Pakistan Army's performance in East (some sectors) really makes me proud.We fought with 'real' bravery :pakistan::pakistan::tup:

Sorry, the statistics given above does not give the true picture. Although outnumbered, east pakistan has enough resource to drag the war on for 2 more weeks, there by forcing a UN sponsored ceasefire. And you will be shouting victory in 1971 war(see the previous wars where pressure was applied by super powers to end hostilities, resulting in no clear victory).

In a war with pakistan, resources could be on indian side, but time is always on pakistan side. All they need is to dig in and stay.

If pakistanis wanted so, Dhaka would have been a mini stalingrad for us.

I am only commenting on the comment about, not trying to derail the thread.

Excuse me i hope you are not illiterate but kindly read the title and then comment on the appropriate topic.

I do not do personal attacks. My comments were in reply to comments that were running before me.

I just tried to widen the discussion a bit. I agree that I was bit off topic, but bringing my views on what happened, and not "I am better than you" comments that keep coming here.

My ruff estimate is that IAF operated over 14 squadrons of bombers and fighters in the eastern wing while PAF had only 1 squadron of F-86. Ironically IAF still suffered more loss in the air and in the end PAF had to dis-metaled its own aircrafts which later IAF claimed as their own kills. How cheap.

My ruff estimate is that IAF operated over 14 squadrons of bombers and fighters in the eastern wing while PAF had only 1 squadron of F-86. Ironically IAF still suffered more loss in the air and in the end PAF had to dis-metaled its own aircrafts which later IAF claimed as their own kills. How cheap.

When talking of Cheapness Who signed the Instrument of Surrender In the End?? and More over Pakistan Started the war by Operation Chengiz Khan.... End Result Matters....Gen Niazi Signing the Instrument of Surrender

Nonsense.

IAF operated 11 squadrons.

How did IAF suffer more losses on the easetern front, explain?

Dont club IAF squadrons flying over East with some victories that PAF may have got on our western front.

shooting down a aircraft is not a big thing in war, thest types of incidents do happen in every war. so what is the need of starting such thread.

Exactly .What is the point of having a discussion about a jet being shot down.Casualties will be there on both the sides no matter what.

It is amusing how some Pakistanis are comparing the relative strengths of the two countries in the Eastern sector in an attempt to rationalize their defeat at the hands of the 'Bharatis', as an inevitable result of an unfair fight. They should be reminded of the bizarre doctrine that the Pakistani military planners had adopted for East Pakistan. 'Defense of the East lies in the West', was the doctrine, which envisaged that if the 'Bharatis' attacked the East, the West would attack the 'Bharatis' in the West and after a quick grab of vast land in North/North West India, the West will win back East at the negotiation table. Which fantasy land these military planners used to live in, is anybody's guess. Accordingly East was deliberately left significantly underarmed, understaffed, under-prepared and effectively undefendable. In fact in 1965, IA could have walked right into Dhaka, had there been no Chinese threat. One of the many reasons why the Bengalis felt alienated from the West Pakistan, was because the 1965 conflict illustrated how Pakistan had deliberately left East Pakistan entirely vulnerable to the 'Bharatis', which, not surprisingly, gave them the impression that they were expendables and that the true Pakistan lay in the West. And it was in pursuance of this flawed strategy that PA preemptively attacked India in the West, walking right into the 'Bharati' trap, and officially starting the war.

Today, what is being complained as mismatch in fighting strength, was being hailed as a 'strategy' of sorts by the same Pakistanis in 1971. So confident were the Pakistani military planners, that inspite of this known mismatch, they never hesitated to continuously poke a numerically superior adversary in the wrong place. And when the result of that bravado left them with a couple of black eyes, a broken nose, a few missing teeth and a fractured jaw, suddenly all that bravado turned into complaints - 'oh! you were strong, we were weak, the fight wasn't fair'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom