What's new

1971 War - Indian fighter aircraft shot down by Pakistani defenders

Status
Not open for further replies.

He is right, the book "Blood and tears" is a must read, it is available on brasstacks website..

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

scan0017-1.jpg

scan0018-1.jpg

I was talking about this one :P

Oh really? Because invading a land that had nothing to do with you and taking advantage of it by invading itfrom 6 different positions in three different ways, was a fair 'victory?' LOL

And yes, it was a stalemate of the western front, wasn't it?

"shooting a plane"

More like 3-4 times more than what we lost even when being totally disadvantaged in almost every way possible.

If Bangladesh was a part of Pakistan no doubt you would have made a huge Military base. Thanks to China it opened our eyes in 1962 that East Pakistan along with Chinese could do a lot of harm to us. from east and West!

Oh really? Because invading a land that had nothing to do with you and taking advantage of it by invading itfrom 6 different positions in three different ways, was a fair 'victory?' LOL

And yes, it was a stalemate of the western front, wasn't it?

"shooting a plane"

More like 3-4 times more than what we lost even when being totally disadvantaged in almost every way possible.

I don't get what you are trying to prove.. A war is a war. You do what ever it takes to win it. The Americans won it with an atom bomb. would you call it unfair because the japanese didn't have it?
You guys of course were in a disadvantaged position. Indians used it.
And won the war.

About your numbers, no one really believes these numbers because both the countries give false info to improve the morale of the public.
More so for Pakistan as you are smaller and have "Napoleon syndrome" . Boasting aloud to the world time and again to show that you exist.

He is right, the book "Blood and tears" is a must read, it is available on brasstacks website..

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

I was talking about this one :P

SQn Leadr. S. Bhutani(Su - 7) attacking Tezgaon airfield in East Pakistan now Bang.D

Just see how many passes he made over the target deep inside in enemy's territory. He could have avoided that. I am sure he was damn aggressive, better to die!!
Proud of Him!
(I blv this was also posted by the TS)

My grandfather was in navy and I know how they planned bombing Karachi Dock!! the best Diwali they have ever seen!!

Dude this is war not a game, there are rules after the war not during war.

Last edited by a moderator:
SQn Leadr. S. Bhutani(Su - 7) attacking Tezgaon airfield in East Pakistan now Bang.D

Just see how many passes he made over the target deep inside in enemy's territory. He could have avoided that. I am sure he was damn aggressive, better to die!!
Proud of Him!
(I blv this was also posted by the TS)

My grandfather was in navy and I know how they celebrated after bombing Karachi Dock!! the best Diwali they have ever seen!!

Dude this is war not a game, there are rules after the war not during war.

YouTube - indian airforce attacking in pakistan

usually your posts are not worthy of reply but since this is ontopic i will be more then delighted to enlighten you bit more..

Dhaka is merely 100 km away from Indian border for god sake! And still PAF lone F-86 squadron was not destroyed by IAF which only managed to drop bombs on runways.. clap clap.. a great achievement in Indian book. On the other hand PAF penetrated as far as Bombay and Agra.. This is what you call daring raids despite the fact Indian territory was much much more protected by anti air craft Guns and Surface to air Missiles (which Pak did not posses at that time).

usually your posts are not worthy of reply but since this is ontopic i will be more then delighted to enlighten you bit more..

Dhaka is merely 100 km away from Indian border for god sake! And still PAF lone F-86 squadron was not destroyed by IAF which only managed to drop bombs on runways.. clap clap.. a great achievement in Indian book. On the other hand PAF penetrated as far as Bombay and Agra.. This is what you call daring raids despite the fact Indian territory was much much more protected by anti air craft Guns and Surface to air Missiles (which Pak did not posses at that time).

I was just gonna say this, Air strikes on Agra, Close to Delhi :D

IAF 3rd Generation fighter Mig-21s were shot down by PAF 1st generation F-86 and F-6.

F-6 gun kill
scan0012-2.jpg

and what did you gain by raiding our western front?? Bad Planning I would say!

Finally your Airforce could not support your Tank Formation and Battalions. Instead our Airforce was 200% ready to support Navy and Army on our western front even after you bombed Ambala and came close to Delhi. One PAF aircraft was Shot down near Hindon Air base.
One of the most celebrated actions of the 5th and 6th December is contribution of four Hunters from the ATW in the defeat of a Pakistani armoured force at Longewala.

A bombing raid by the AN-12s early in the day destroyed a Pakistani brigade in the Haji Pir salient. Later that day an HQDivision at Fort Abbas was bombed, as were areas around Bhawalpur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom