What's new

1971 India Pakistan War: Role of Russia, China, America and Britain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Typical Pakistani self-glorification.

Indian Army is just above twice the size of Pakistani Army and in 65 and 71, a significant part of the IA was also stationed on the Chinese border while Pakistan had no such concerns and its entire army was focussed towards India.

So in the end it was a war between two armies of roughly the same size.

Armies can't fight without arms and ammunition.
In 1971, Pakistan was under sanctions while India was under no such restrictions, besides, the troops fighting in Eastern sector were cut off from the mainland, with no form of supplies or reinforcements, furthermore they had to fight with the Muktis in the backyard and IA at the border, And the 10:1 air force ratio was also a factor in the East.

In 1971, Pakistan was under sanctions while India was under no such restrictions, besides, the troops fighting in Eastern sector were cut off from the mainland, with no form of supplies or reinforcements, furthermore they had to fight with the Muktis in the backyard and IA at the border, And the 10:1 air force ratio was also a factor in the East.

Er.....Pakistan was receiving supplies from China from the Karakorm highway.

Cutting down supply of ammo. is one of the achievements of the war. We achieved it in 1971. And you are giving excuse like that which is making your war management even worst.Please grow up. War is a war and a victory is a victory which after ruling 30 years the whole nation your army is still starving for. Not a single victory in your account. I can understand your frustration.

Brother i dont think you were starving of arms and ammunition . As a NATO ally , you were getting support from US , UK and rest of NATO as well as China . I would say your reason for losing the war is over estimation . Also remember nobody asked you not to prepare war at eastern front . Apart from that strong leadership is also one of the factor for Indian Victory .

After all my effort in post 89 to educate you, seem like you"re too thick.

Comparing an act of terrorism to a conventional war, kudos to your intellect again.

The attack was the first of its kind for any nation on the planet.

In 1965, Most of those involved in operation Gibralter were captured.

There are no farmers near that part of border.
Yeah ok, not farmers, but it was the locals who reported an intrusion

I'm sorry, the terrorist didn't declare to us they were coming.

Of course they won't tell you, LOL you are retarded or something? I'm sure you have intelligence agencies in your country right? Like how the Israelis have their Mossad and the Americans have the CIA? Or is Bollywood the only thing you guys good in?

Ok, we get it, you must be watching **** in the other tab, the genitals have been blurred/censored and you"ve had a Freudian slip.
My bad, I apologize, please replace that with "incompetent idiots". Thanks :D

why a pakistani living in Singapore is so much frustrated?

oye, havent you read the article I posted in another thread about sanctions on Pakistan??

Being an elite member have some decency and read up what has been posted before you dint not respond to the post then but yo carry on this self-pitying attitude of being under sanctions.. Read these two links and if you can debunk them then talk otherwise we are well off without your BS...

These links have been posted in my previous post on the same thread
The Men Behind Yahya in the Indo
Another one here

The Tilt: The U.S. and the South Asian Crisis of 1971

My bad, I apologize, please replace that with "incompetent idiots". Thanks :D

Learn to quote the post properly when replying to them.

Of course they won't tell you, LOL you are retarded or something?

Looks like sarcasm seems beyond intellect. :lol:

I'm sure you have intelligence agencies in your country right?

We do, a simple google search would have answered that.

Like how the Israelis have their Mossad and the Americans have the CIA?

Attributing the Mumbai attacks response to intelligence failure, finally i'm noticing logical argument something i can agree upon.

But then is effectiveness of an intelligence agency a panacea to terrorism? In that case we should have never had 9/11 or 7/11 or Belsan hostage crisis.

Or is Bollywood the only thing you guys good in?

There are various other things, another simple google search can

From Jordan too..

Document 28 http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB79/BEBB28.pdf
White House, Telephone Conversations (Telcon), Dated December 4 and December 16, 1971, 11 pp. Includes Cover Sheet Dated January 19, 1972
Source: NPMP, NSC Files, Country Files: Middle East, Box 643.

These telcons show Nixon and Kissinger's knowledge of third party transfers of military supplies to Pakistan. Haig summarizes the Telcons to Kissinger by writing that the telcons, "confirm the President's knowledge of, approval for and, if you will, directive to provide aircraft to Iran and Jordan," in exchange for providing aircraft to Pakistan. The telcons also show that Kissinger and Nixon, following the advice of Barbara Walters, decide to put out a White House version of the facts involved with the South Asian crisis through John Scali. Nixon express his desire to, "get some PR out on the- - put the blame on India. It will also take some blame off us."

Document 32 http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB79/BEBB32.pdf
Event Summary by George H.W. Bush, December 10, 1971, 7 pp.
Source: George Bush Presidential Library. George H.W. Bush Collection. Series: United Nations File, 1971-1972, Box 4.

UN Ambassador Bush describes the December 10 meeting between Kissinger and the Chinese delegation to the United Nations. While discussing the India-Pakistan crisis, Kissinger reveals that the American position on the issue was parallel to that of the Chinese. Kissinger disclosed that the U.S. would be moving some ships into the area, and also that military aid was being sent from Jordan, Turkey, and Iran. Some of this aid was illegally transferred because it was American in origin. Bush also reports that Kissinger gives his tacit approval for China to provide militarily support for Pakistani operations against India. Bush expresses his personal doubts in the administration's "Two State Departments thing," and takes issue with Kissinger's style, in one instance calling him paranoid and arrogant.

Document 36 http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB79/BEBB36.pdf
Memcon, Huang Ha, T'ang Wen-sheng, Shih Yen-hua, Alexander Haig, Winston Lord, Top Secret/Sensitive, Exclusively Eyes Only, December 12, 1971 (3:50-4:20), 9 pp.
Source: RG 59, PPC S/P, Directors Files (Winston Lord), Box 330.

In a discussion of the India-Pakistan situation, Haig declares that the U.S. is doing everything it can do to facilitate transfers of fighter planes and military supplies from Jordan, Iran, and Saudi Arabia to Pakistan.

Need more windjammer, i can keep them coming... As much as I hate to say this but my @ss embargo..

Ya, for our fleet of American aircraft and Tanks, the supplies were indeed coming from China.

Cutting down supply of ammo. is one of the achievements of the war. We achieved it in 1971. And you are giving excuse like that which is making your war management even worst.Please grow up. War is a war and a victory is a victory which after ruling 30 years the whole nation your army is still starving for. Not a single victory in your account. I can understand your frustration.

Since you tend to repeat the same in every thread to lend credit to your self, let me put a lid on it, since you are just a victim of your own media propaganda, here is a wake up call. Read' weep.

VK Shashikumar: Pakistan still occupies four kargil peaks

Near Tiger Hill, Point 5353 still Pak-occupied - Indian Express

Ya, for our fleet of American aircraft and Tanks, the supplies were indeed coming from China.
Now you go to Kargil?? Anyways the source below is US archives and not Indian..

Document 28 http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB79/BEBB28.pdf
White House, Telephone Conversations (Telcon), Dated December 4 and December 16, 1971, 11 pp. Includes Cover Sheet Dated January 19, 1972
Source: NPMP, NSC Files, Country Files: Middle East, Box 643.

These telcons show Nixon and Kissinger's knowledge of third party transfers of military supplies to Pakistan. Haig summarizes the Telcons to Kissinger by writing that the telcons, "confirm the President's knowledge of, approval for and, if you will, directive to provide aircraft to Iran and Jordan," in exchange for providing aircraft to Pakistan. The telcons also show that Kissinger and Nixon, following the advice of Barbara Walters, decide to put out a White House version of the facts involved with the South Asian crisis through John Scali. Nixon express his desire to, "get some PR out on the- - put the blame on India. It will also take some blame off us."

Document 32 http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB79/BEBB32.pdf
Event Summary by George H.W. Bush, December 10, 1971, 7 pp.
Source: George Bush Presidential Library. George H.W. Bush Collection. Series: United Nations File, 1971-1972, Box 4.

UN Ambassador Bush describes the December 10 meeting between Kissinger and the Chinese delegation to the United Nations. While discussing the India-Pakistan crisis, Kissinger reveals that the American position on the issue was parallel to that of the Chinese. Kissinger disclosed that the U.S. would be moving some ships into the area, and also that military aid was being sent from Jordan, Turkey, and Iran. Some of this aid was illegally transferred because it was American in origin. Bush also reports that Kissinger gives his tacit approval for China to provide militarily support for Pakistani operations against India. Bush expresses his personal doubts in the administration's "Two State Departments thing," and takes issue with Kissinger's style, in one instance calling him paranoid and arrogant.

Document 36 http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB79/BEBB36.pdf
Memcon, Huang Ha, T'ang Wen-sheng, Shih Yen-hua, Alexander Haig, Winston Lord, Top Secret/Sensitive, Exclusively Eyes Only, December 12, 1971 (3:50-4:20), 9 pp.
Source: RG 59, PPC S/P, Directors Files (Winston Lord), Box 330.

In a discussion of the India-Pakistan situation, Haig declares that the U.S. is doing everything it can do to facilitate transfers of fighter planes and military supplies from Jordan, Iran, and Saudi Arabia to Pakistan.

Need more windjammer, i can keep them coming... As much as I hate to say this but my @ss embargo..

oye, havent you read the article I posted in another thread about sanctions on Pakistan??

Being an elite member have some decency and read up what has been posted before you dint not respond to the post then but yo carry on this self-pitying attitude of being under sanctions.. Read these two links and if you can debunk them then talk otherwise we are well off without your BS...

These links have been posted in my previous post on the same thread
The Men Behind Yahya in the Indo
Another one here

The Tilt: The U.S. and the South Asian Crisis of 1971

Oye, listen idiot, enough of your nonsense, you people are delusional in fact just a bunch of drama queens.
It's a proven fact that the 7th fleet was there to vacate US citizens not to lend support to Pakistan.
Before ranting the same tune over and over, make your self worthy and find out at what distance did the US carrier entered Bay of Bengal.....fan boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom