What's new

1965 video showing Indian troops capture Haji Pir pass and Indian offensives in Jaurian and Kupwara

Status
Not open for further replies.
A video from British Pathe archives.

Title reads 'The Kashmir Front - Capture of Haji Pir Pass' - it is written in English and another regional language.

Description:
Various shots of Indian forces in the mountainous area towards Haji Pir Pass. Field guns are used in this advance and foot soldiers follow through. Various shots showing the small land mines that Indian troops have harvested en route. GV. Mountainous area in Uri sector. Various shots of Indian troops claiming the Haji Pir Pass and follow up with supplies and then they guard the Pass. Various shots in the newly liberated villages of Kashmir. The villagers are given food and supplies by Jammu and Kashmir authorities. Various shots of Mr Ghulam Rasool Kar, Kashmir Minister for Works and Power, being welcomed by villagers and he distributes supplies by hand to them. Various shots of Pakistani currency being handed in to be returned for the new legal tender is Indian.
Intertitle reads 'The Jaurian Episode'. Various shots in the small village of Jaurian in Kashmir which was bombed by Pakistanis. Various shots of Indian soldiers showing case of rockets from American Sabre jet which Pakistan air Force used in attack. Various shots of more ruins. Various shots of hundreds of Moslems kneeling and bowing down to Mecca in front of a large temple in India. Intertitle reads 'The Threat and the Answer'. Various shots of Indian Security Forces advancing and searching around for Pakistani infiltrators. MS. Indian troops going up to building and two Pakistani soldiers run out with hands high. CU. Some of the captured weapons, etc. Various shots of the Indian troops advancing through cloud shrouded mountains. They fire rifles and mortars. MS.
Bodies of dead Pakistani soldiers being turned over and the captured Pakistani soldiers being led to POW camps. Various shots in the villages where Citizens Councils are being formed. People are called out to meet the Pakistani challenge. Various shots of Indians in the mountains being issued with food and making camp.

(Comb. B/W.)

Date found in the old record - 07/09/1965.
FILM ID:3136.18

Any video from 1971 when Indian troops again tried to capture Haji pir pass and failed with heavy losses?

Any picture of Major Ramesh Baldani who was killed in this attempt?

Last edited:
error.png

haji pir pass is with us and so is point 5353 so called tiger hill lol
Tiger hill is with us.
And for P5353 we retaliated by capturing P5310 inside Pakistan.

Any video from 1971 when Indian troops again tried to capture Haji pir pass and failed with heavy losses?

Any picture of Major Ramesh Baldani who was killed in this attempt?
Well there is likely video from 1971 which shows Indian troops led by Major Chewang Rinchen capture 800 sq.km of Pakistan territory including 5 villages inhabitated by 1000+ families.

Well there is likely video from 1971 which shows Indian troops led by Major Chewang Rinchen capture 800 sq.km of Pakistan territory including 5 villages inhabitated by 1000+ families.

But what about Major Ramesh Baldani who tried to pull out another Haji Pir pass and failed?

No videos and pictures for him? :lol:

No , But from `1971, we have a video of 93000 Pakistani POWs laying down their arms and surrendering to Indian forces , would you like to see ?

I know some desperate kid would come up with this.

No kiddo. This won't make for any picture of Major Ramesh Baldani who died capturing something on which your fellow compatriot created this "feel good" thread. :)

Ranjit singh dayal has got all the fame and name. Nobody remembers poor Major Ramesh Baldani.

Cruel world. :)

But what about Major Ramesh Baldani who tried to pull out another Haji Pir pass and failed?

No videos and pictures for him? :lol:
No video of Major Muhammad Afzal Malik either, who tried to capture our positions in Mendhar in 1971 and failed.

Major General malik got all fame and name, nobody remembers Major Afzal.

No video of Major Muhammad Afzal Malik either, who tried to capture our positions in Mendhar in 1971 and failed.

Obviously. And I didn't even create a "feel good" thread for that either. :lol:

Looks like I have ruined your "feel good" thread again. Sorry. Can't stop myself and would do same again and again. It is fun ruining your supa puwa feeling threads. :)

Obviously. And I didn't even create a "feel good" thread for that either. :lol:

Looks like I have ruined your "feel good" thread again. Sorry. Can't stop myself and would do same again and again. It is fun ruining your supa puwa feeling threads. :)
Its actually quite fun to post this video and bust ISPR propaganda.:)

I know some desperate kid would come up with this.

No kiddo. This won't make for any picture of Major Ramesh Baldani who died capturing something on which your fellow compatriot created this "feel good" thread. :)

Ranjit singh dayal has got all the fame and name. Nobody remembers poor Major Ramesh Baldani.

Cruel world. :)

If seeing a video of one Indian soldier dying in line of duty, makes you feel good, I am sure seeing videos and pictures of tens of thoudands of Pakistani soldiers dying and surrendering to India. should make your day. wouldn't it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom