What's new

1947 Migration to Pakistan

Won't comment about Chittagong hill tracts because it is now a seperate country and has nothing to do with us.

Talking about Tharparkar. Yes it was and it is a hindu majority district. Read some days ago that even today nearly 60% population is hindu but the fact is that this district was part of Sindh province and sindh province unanimously decided to join Pakistan. So it is close and past transaction. You can't compare Gurdaspur with Tharparkar.

Ahmadis weren't declared non muslims at that time so don't bring this issue in the debate. It is a non issue.

:)

They are all separate countries now - India, Pakistan and Bangladesh. But we are talking about Partition in 1947 - so how can we not take East Pakistan into account? I agree about Tharparkar since entire Sindh Assembly voted but there was a border commission for Bengal - they awarded the Hill Tracts to Pakistan (and not to Bangladesh).

So according to you Ahmadis were Muslims before Partition but not after?

Yep everything was started by Muslims. India, Palestine, Kashmir, 9/11, Afghan War, Iraq war everything was started by muslims. Kuffars came to defend themselves.!

Seriously, the point actually is this:

I'm rather beumsed by the comments of Pakistanis on this thread. Almost all of them are going on about how Muslims were harmed by evil Sikhs and Hindus, completely ignoring and whitewashing the equally horrible crimes committed by Muslims during that period.

Is it something to do with Pakistani textbooks and the way Pakistanis are taught about partition? When I was a kid in school, I was taught that the partition was a bloody event in which members of both communities died, and both communities committed horrible crimes and atrocities. The chapters go on to give philisophical 'bhashan' on how that was a dark period for humanity in this region, and so on. It also speaks of how influential leaders of both communities tried to bring calm, but failed to do so.

What are Pakistanis taught, I'd really like to know. I have heard (and seen on some sites) that Pakistani textbooks teach hate against Hindus. Is the education on partition also equally bigoted?

Bangladesh doesn't concern us and I dont know much about demographics about Bangladesh as it became an independent sovereign nation before I was born.

So? Your birth does not alter history - just like Gurdaspur was awarded to India, the Boundary Commission awarded Chittagong Hill Tracts to Pakistan.

And where are those Ahmadiyas now? Do they even exist today in gurdaspur, indian punjab as they did before 1947? No, because hindus/sikhs killed them along with the rest of Muslims of Gurdaspur.

Qadian is still there. Some Ahmedis still reside there. You are right about a number of them being killed by Hindu and Sikh mobs. What a travesty - first the Hindus and Sikhs kill them thinking they are Muslims and now the Muslims of Pakistan kill them thinking they are non-Muslims. The poor guys migrated to Pakistan as they thought it was the homeland for all Muslims - if they knew this is what is going to happen to them in Pakistan - they would have pledged their allegiance to India in 1947 and you would be unable to bring up the Gurdaspur award at all.

What a travesty - first the Hindus and Sikhs kill them thinking they are Muslims and now the Muslims of Pakistan kill them thinking they are non-Muslims.

I laughed here(with irony) you know, fate plays sad games many times.:rolleyes:

Hey everyone here, Why do you guys keep stoking the flames of history. Why do you guys(Indians and Pakistanis) blame each other for this massacre. Let's all get over it.

Instead of blaming each other here, why don't we all actually share our stories with each other about the partition. Blaming each other won't change history, we cool?

Let me tell you guys this story about a Sikh family who saved my grandparents lives during the partition,before they migrated to Singapore.

My grandparents were orginally born in Jalandhar, Punjab. During the partition, they decided to start a new life in Pakistan.

As they were making their way there to Lahore, They stopped for the night at the outskirts of Amristar when they met with this poor Sikh family including 2 children, who escaped from the Muslim mobs who burned their house .Their origins were unknown.

They had a cart full of bags, and the Sikh family was rather sad and hungry. My Grandparents, felt sorry for them , being poor themselves, but shared their dinner with them, consisting of only cold chapattis my grandmother have stocked. The Sikhs family were grateful to my Grandparents.

They spend the night talking to each other. She remembered the Sikh family telling them that they heard news that the Muslim mobs were making their way to their house, so they quickly carried whatever they could, and left and barely escaped.

While chit-chatting, a group of Hindu Mobs, a few minutes away, could be heard shouting and were making their way towards the 2 families. My grandparents were worried sick, and thought their lives ended there.

The Sikh family then did something, that I would always be grateful, not only to that Sikh family, but to the whole Sikh community itself.

The Sikh's Family father,quickly tied a turban(according to my grandma, he looked cute in that) on my grandfather, and handed a "Kara" each to my grandparents.

When the mobs( consisting of about 20 people), arrived, they asked questions on whether they were muslims or not. My grandparents denied, and showed evidence of their faith. The mobs left them and went on.

My grandparents breath a sigh and was grateful to the Sikh family

The following day, the both families parted. They wished each other good luck. My grandma, handed them a few chappatis in an old rag for them as a sign of goodwill. The both families waved their final goodbye, and they never saw each other again

Today, my grandma still remembers the partition, and that family. In fact, my grandma still has the "Kara" she kept in the drawer and showed me.

This shows that it is possible for both Sikhs, Muslims and Hindus to coexist with each other. And I still stick with this belief

Hey everyone here, Why do you guys keep stoking the flames of history. Why do you guys(Indians and Pakistanis) blame each other for this massacre. Let's all get over it.

Instead of blaming each other here, why don't we all actually share our stories with each other about the partition. Blaming each other won't change history, we cool?

Let me tell you guys this story about a Sikh family who saved my grandparents lives during the partition,before they migrated to Singapore.

My grandparents were orginally born in Jalandhar, Punjab. During the partition, they decided to start a new life in Pakistan.

As they were making their way there to Lahore, They stopped for the night at the outskirts of Amristar when they met with this poor Sikh family including 2 children, who escaped from the Muslim mobs who burned their house .Their origins were unknown.

They had a cart full of bags, and the Sikh family was rather sad and hungry. My Grandparents, felt sorry for them , being poor themselves, but shared their dinner with them, consisting of only cold chapattis my grandmother have stocked. The Sikhs family were grateful to my Grandparents.

They spend the night talking to each other. She remembered the Sikh family telling them that they heard news that the Muslim mobs were making their way to their house, so they quickly carried whatever they could, and left and barely escaped.

While chit-chatting, a group of Hindu Mobs, a few minutes away, could be heard shouting and were making their way towards the 2 families. My grandparents were worried sick, and thought their lives ended there.

The Sikh family then did something, that I would always be grateful, not only to that Sikh family, but to the whole Sikh community itself.

The Sikh's Family father,quickly tied a turban(according to my grandma, he looked cute in that) on my grandfather, and handed a "Kara" each to my grandparents.

When the mobs( consisting of about 20 people), arrived, they asked questions on whether they were muslims or not. My grandparents denied, and showed evidence of their faith. The mobs left them and went on.

My grandparents breath a sigh and was grateful to the Sikh family

The following day, the both families parted. They wished each other good luck. My grandma, handed them a few chappatis in an old rag for them as a sign of goodwill. The both families waved their final goodbye, and they never saw each other again

Today, my grandma still remembers the partition, and that family. In fact, my grandma still has the "Kara" she kept in the drawer and showed me.

This shows that it is possible for both Sikhs, Muslims and Hindus to coexist with each other. And I still stick with this belief

Awesome post, thanks for sharing that heart-warming story.
I think it is a matter of perception. For every horror story, you will find ten stories like this, if you are looking.

I have never been able to figure out what happens to otherwise normal people when they start butchering their neighbors and people they have known for ages. I guess it is something I will ever know.

The past is the past; and our history has been written by people like us. We will never know for sure who threw the first stone, but I do know that the partition brought out the worst in many people, both Hindus and Muslims. The only thing I can do is learn from history and say 'Never again, not on my watch".

:blah:

Go get life man. Stop living in a world of hatered.

PS: By the way nice videos that you have been posting on youtube and creating a world of hate. Believe me you do have a issue with indian members being here. But I am glad not all pakistanies are narrow minded like you.

Its not the hated he is creating.....this is history and reality that can't be changed......this was the example of burality and cruelity.....once you say about hated.....you need to look in your past..

Its not the hated he is creating.....this is history and reality that can't be changed......this was the example of burality and cruelity.....once you say about hated.....you need to look in your past..

Yes, certainly. And does Pakistan not need to look into the past? Whom are some Pakistani posters trying to fool here? Again:

I'm rather beumsed by the comments of Pakistanis on this thread. Almost all of them are going on about how Muslims were harmed by evil Sikhs and Hindus, completely ignoring and whitewashing the equally horrible crimes committed by Muslims during that period.

Is it something to do with Pakistani textbooks and the way Pakistanis are taught about partition? When I was a kid in school, I was taught that the partition was a bloody event in which members of both communities died, and both communities committed horrible crimes and atrocities. The chapters go on to give philisophical 'bhashan' on how that was a dark period for humanity in this region, and so on. It also speaks of how influential leaders of both communities tried to bring calm, but failed to do so.

What are Pakistanis taught, I'd really like to know. I have heard (and seen on some sites) that Pakistani textbooks teach hate against Hindus. Is the education on partition also equally bigoted?

I'm not living in a life of hatred... You don't even know me!

Alhamdulillah, I am not an apologetic Pakistani like some of the people here, nor am I trying to spread hate. I am trying to spread the truth! And I am trying to counter the Indian-Hatred here!

The person here who posted had this smiley: :pakistan: over pictures of dead people!

I sensed his sarcasm and I had to counter this with truth!

The crimes commited by Sikhs and Hindus are things that I won't forget, I won't forget those who died for this sacred land, unlike some of the apologetics here!

The crimes commited by some muslims are exaggerated, but the crimes commited by Sikhs and Hindus are overlooked!

It is fact that the Sikhs and Hindus started the killings and commited 99%+ of the crimes!

PS: Go to any Indian-Defence forum and see the hatred they are spreading against Pakistanis, before spreading your nonsense here about me!

Spoken like a true patriot. We need more people like you.
:pakistan:

Jinnah did not invent a nation or fought a battle of nationalism.
He fought what has been the eternal battle between truth and falsehood.
Even the ungrateful AL regime of Bangladesh cannot credit their freedom today without associations with Jinnah. If they did not join Pakistan of Jinnah, they wouldn't be Bangladesh today.

I am new to this site n jst want to add tht those especially the younger lot chime tht why?the partition took place are under a grave wrong perception which is very very bad.they dnt know what would had happened if they would have been living in united india.if any one has seen the pics of partition or the old united india n read the demography of india since especially from 1957-1947,who were the ones who were acting as the right hand men of the britishers.it was hindus n they were everywhere in the govt jobs,teachers,industrialists,officers in indian armies,money lenderers,baniyas,bankers and big land owners.so what do anyone think that anything would have changed after the britishers had left wid united india.today we muslims are the presidents,prime ministers ,beraucrats,armed forces officers and industrialists and the list is never ending.please for god's sake,have a heart n khuda ka shukar ada karo and remain happy and do not let the negative thoughts enter ur green n young minds.

I think for every sad story, we have got 10 happy stories. We must not let the sad stories remain in our memories while forgetting the happy ones. I've heard a couple of interesting stories here on this forum. If you people have got more to share, here's an awesome way to do it:
The 1947 partition archive | www.1947partitionarchive.org

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom