What's new

17 Indian Army soldiers killed in Uri attack

NDTV (@ndtv)
48 mins ago - View on Twitter
Terror attack at Army headquarters in Jammu and Kashmir's Uri, near Line of Control; intense firing underway

Attack on military base is no terror attack!

Kashmir: 17 soldiers, 4 militants killed in Uri Fidayeen attack
“17 soldiers were killed in Uri attack,” PTI news agency quoted Northern Army Command.
GK Web Desk
Srinagar | Posted : Sep 18 2016 11:10AM | Updated: Sep 18 2016 11:12AM
4 2 0

An army helicopter flies over the site of gunbattle in Uri on Sunday. Firdous Hassan/GK
Seventeen soldiers and four militants were killed after militants stormed an army camp in Uri area of north Kashmir’s Baramulla district on Sunday, officials said.
“17 soldiers were killed in Uri attack,” PTI quoted Northern Army Command.

It said that Army Chief Gen Dalbir Singh Suhag will visit Kashmir in the wake of the attack in Uri.
Four fidayeen (suicide) militants had entered the rear base amp of an infantry battalion in Uri town around 5.30 a.m.
"Militants attacked the rear base camp of an infantry battalion and not the headquarters of 12 Brigade in Uri today (Sunday) morning which is posted on the Line of Control (LoC)," the sources said.
In New Delhi, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh is reported to have cancelled his visit to Russia and the US. He has called for a high-level meeting on Sunday to discuss the situation is Kashmir.
http://m.greaterkashmir.com/news/ka...nts-killed-in-uri-fidayeen-attack/228631.html

Military operation against occupation forces can happen any time, there's no question of terrorism when the land is being occupied by foreign forces. It is an act of self preservation.

My bhabi is a Kashmiri. So don't give lessons to me on Kashmir.
Im sure she is... but she isn't from the majority of native kashmiris... she is probably the wife of a stationed Indian solder... nevertheless not part of the majority.

The death of these Indian soldiers will be avenged by India!! Om shanthi
Yes... by killing more innocent kashmiri civilians

Reports are saying that Lashkar-e-taiba took responsibility for thr attack.

As i have said those who were involved will pay a heavy price.

What can modi do to dismantle terror camps in pakistan?
Tettor camps. Nice joke.
By the way modi can do nothing. It is bitter reality but please try digest

Yes, if Modi doesn't do. There will be no credibility left of him.
Indian said the same about manmohan, and were making tall claims that modi will not be impotent like manmohan.
But I think he can do nothing except lip service. He knows his limitation.

Incompetence of the corrupt politicians with their pitiful disregard for a comprehensive Kashmir policy is being paid with the lives of the braves. Rest in peace.
These so called braves are actually raping the kashmiri women and killing innocent civilians using pellet guns and havr blinded thousand of people.

Let them smell their own fart now.

yes, all Indians feel pain when a Kashmiri killed. truth is that kashmir will be remain as internal part of india.
we should work with Kashmiri people to resolve this issue. believe or not, it is best for kashmiri brothers
112 killed 1000s injured still feeling pain ? sab sae bara jhoot yahi hai !

No topic is bigger than humanity....feel free to report.
Why you care about this "Humanity" only when something happens in I0K?
Now time has come to do surgical strikes in Azad Kashmir based terrorist camps.it is our own territory .it can't be considered as a attack on pakistan. Govt should show some spine .we cant take these type of attacks lying down.
Stop chest thumping already.
@Zibago @Jonah Arthur

Ok let me enlighten you with the drop scene...
Some so called Pakistani will be identified and UN speech will change dramatically...
And things will go in freezer just like Mumbai attack and India will be replying a letter after gaps of years!
RIP to the dead and its just an opinion, if you can't respect it then ignore it...

Retaliation will come soon and it will be brutal.I hope we don't take time to pay back.Time is different now.Its not Congress rule now.

So what should India do?Send jihadis to Islamabad and Mirpur?Or increase presence in Balochistan?
Yes, When playing cricket you can't win by 11 bowlers. If Modi doesn't deliver forget 2019 election he won't win UP or UK ones.

That's a huge casualty from our side.Mostly they were unprepared.RIP to the soldiers..
Now the blood battle will begin..Each one of those mercenaries will be sent to hell once for all..No mercy

They are sending these state terrorist to hell slowly but surely.. same thought different sides...
Kashmir is out of indian bottle solve it.... cuz its going to spread in other state like disease.

Back
Top Bottom