What's new

16 CPEC projects in Balochistan, 8 in KPK: Chinese Embassy

Thunder Bolt

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
CPEC-projects-in-Balochistan-KPK.png

BREAKING: In an unusual series of tweets today, Deputy Chief of Mission Zhao Lijian at Chinese Embassy in Islamabad, Pakistan, explained four provinces’ share of projects in $51.5 billion CPEC (China-Pakistan Economic Corridor).

Zhao’s tweets came in response to criticism in the local press and on social media about the Western route of CPEC and alleged absence of CPEC benefits to KPK and Balochistan.

There have been planned protests by Awami National Party (ANP) against ‘change of Western route of CPEC and deprivation of Pakhtoon and Baloch interests.’

According to Zhao, here is the breakup of CPEC projects:

Balochistan 16

KPK 8

Sindh 13

Punjab 12

Summing up, Zhao asks: Is this China Punjab Economic Corridor?

At least 16 projects under CPEC are related to Balochistan, tweets Zhao.

These are:

1. Khuzdar-Basima Highway (N-30)
  2. D.I.Khan-Quetta Highway (N-50)
  3. Hubco Coal Power Plant
  4. Gwadar Power Plant
  5. Gwadar-Nawabshah LNG Terminal and Pipeline
  6. Gwadar Eastbay Expressway
  7. Gwadar New International Airport
  8. Gwadar Smart Port City Master Plan
  9. Expansion of Multi-purpose Terminal including Breakwater & Dredging
  10. Wastewater Treatment Plants for Gwadar City
  11. Gwadar Primary School
  12. Gwadar Hospital Upgradation
  13. Gwadar Technical & Vocational College
  14. Gwadar Eastbay Expressway II
  15. Fresh Water Supply
  16. Gwadar School
    https://walizahid.com/2016/10/16-cpec-projects-in-balochistan-8-in-kpk-chinese-embassy/

This doesn't mean much to ANP and other nationalists. Politics!

This doesn't mean much to ANP and other nationalists. Politics!
Problem is that the PTI cult curses Geo after waking up and before going to bed but makes propaganda twitter hashtags on his programs. This is the second time Mr.Safi has stirred the CPEC aided by the PPP's Taj Haider.

Anp just wanted to scandalise this issue for fame lol
Every is forgetting there presence
Irespect to development projects,tge Western shortest route should be our first presence then second to our blouchistan,especially gawader city development

Problem is that the PTI cult curses Geo after waking up and before going to bed but makes propaganda twitter hashtags on his programs. This is the second time Mr.Safi has stirred the CPEC aided by the PPP's Taj Haider.
Yea I saw that , it was much face to face wd ahsan Iqbal as well
I think there should be pressure on government so they do what is better for cpec project like most important is west route then GB and blouchistan projects on first bases

One big issue is, all projects for Balochistan are either financed in Gwadar or the network of roads is built for the sake of route going to China. I am not sure how the people of Balochistan will benefit if the road is just passing from their city unless the do get sizeable share of revenue from the trade route.

But what they really need is, jobs, industries, schools, hospitals, electricity, gas and economic activity

The Issue is PTI and ANP don't have much to offer to the people

All they trying to do is Making CPEC Controversial by Doing Propaganda on Western Route
when Western route will be completed PTI and ANP gonna take the Credit and gonna tell the people that hey look Federal was Not making Western route it is we that forced them to make it and it's finally here

Politics Pure Politics

Yea I saw that , it was much face to face wd ahsan Iqbal as well
I think there should be pressure on government so they do what is better for cpec project like most important is west route then GB and blouchistan projects on first bases
There's difference in pressure and propaganda. The potential of Eastern route is much greater than the western route since eastern route serves the population greater than 171.6 Million (Balochistan+Sindh+Punjab+Hindko Belt of KPK+GB) which constitutes about 84% of national population than the western route which covers 41.86 Million people (Balochistan+KPK+GB) making up about 21.09% of national population.

One big issue is, all projects for Balochistan are either financed in Gwadar or the network of roads is built for the sake of route going to China. I am not sure how the people of Balochistan will benefit if the road is just passing from their city unless the do get sizeable share of revenue from the trade route.

But what they really need is, jobs, industries, schools, hospitals, electricity, gas and economic activity
You can't have an all across development model. In Sindh Karachi, In Punjab Lahore and Multan, In KPK Peshawar and in UK the London is the central metropolis. Its all over the world that a city serves as the engine of domestic economy.

Sorry to but in .. but out of 16 .. 13 projects are exclusively for the city of Gwader !!

There's difference in pressure and propaganda. The potential of Eastern route is much greater than the western route since eastern route serves the population greater than 171.6 Million (Balochistan+Sindh+Punjab+Hindko Belt of KPK+GB) which constitutes about 84% of national population than the western route which covers 41.86 Million people (Balochistan+KPK+GB) making up about 21.09% of national population.

You can't have an all across development model. In Sindh Karachi, In Punjab Lahore and Multan, In KPK Peshawar and in UK the London is the central metropolis. Its all over the world that a city serves as the engine of domestic economy.
But it doesn't mean Birmingham, Leicester, Coventry, Manchester, Leeds, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Bristol, Cardiff, Newport, Reading and countless areas spread all across UK are anything less than London. They all have fair amount of industrial zones providing tons of employment opportunities for the local.

They should have build at least 1-2 industrial zones in Gwadar, Khuzdar Quetta and Zhob so we could say a concentration of industrial zones is under development in Balochistan as well

Sorry to but in .. but out of 16 .. 13 projects are exclusively for the city of Gwader !!
Basically during the era of Musharraf, it was envisioned that Gwadar will be able to create 2 million jobs. Now the entire province of Balochistan has a population of 13 million, out of which 70% would be women and children. So it is large enough to provide enough jobs for the whole province but obviously the entire province cannot relocate to just 2 cities of Gwadar and Quetta.

They need to provide facilities across the province in order for the population to enjoy equal benefits on par with rest of Pakistan. I believe the government is trying to create a new economic city after successful model of Islamabad and believe it would be sufficient to provide jobs to most of its neighbouring cities and create economic activities in the province. The strategy is not bad but I believe more could have been done for the rest of the major cities of Zhob and Khuzdar (Quetta is doing good already)

But it doesn't mean Birmingham, Leicester, Coventry, Manchester, Leeds, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Bristol, Cardiff, Newport, Reading and countless areas spread all across UK are anything less than London. They all have fair amount of industrial zones providing tons of employment opportunities for the local
Again that brings me back to my question, is there anything thats close to the status of London in the UK?

Again that brings me back to my question, is there anything thats close to the status of London in the UK?
in terms of industry, certainly yes... There are more industries spread evenly across UK than London. But the financial centre (service industry) of London is too powerful and could not be compared with anything else in the world except New York.

The reason being, London is a world city connecting most nations of the world so many International companies have their headquarters based in London. But when it comes to diversity, it is same as in Leicester, Coventry, Newbury, Birmingham or most cities in UK. I was actually stunned to see so many industrial zones across UK when I used to work as a courier. There is technically 1 industrial zone after every 3-5 miles across UK. Technically 1 industrial zone for each borough/Town in UK so its pretty much evenly distributed besides London having a major advantage of consisting of more boroughs, higher population and for being the capital city

Back
Top Bottom