What's new

16 CPEC projects in Balochistan, 8 in KPK: Chinese Embassy

in terms of industry, certainly yes... There are more industries spread evenly across UK than London.
Then again, its just like I was implying that Rest of the UK would be a barron land.
But the financial centre (service industry) of London is too powerful and could not be compared with anything else in the world except New York.
Its been how much, a 100 years or so. UK could have disbursed the industry across to other parts of the UK, doesn't it? Has it happened?

ANP comes into the middle with "over our dead bodies" like slogans, the way they sabotaged the Kalabagh Dam, i think this time no lift for them would be the best option.

Then again, its just like I was implying that Rest of the UK would be a barron land.

Its been how much, a 100 years or so. UK could have disbursed the industry across to other parts of the UK, doesn't it? Has it happened?
This is what I am saying as well

90% of the industry is outside London so no idea why you are implying that London has taken the entire share of UK. What you are saying here is similar to some of my old posts on PDF that every country has some major economic hubs and its neighbouring cities thrives from the prosperity of bigger city. For example Lahore is a major city in Punjab but regions like Gujranwala and Sialkot grew on its own having similar advantage and close proximity to Lahore.

But if you take the service sector out of London, the industrial zone, health, education sectors, everything is evenly distributed across UK. There is hardly any advantage for the person living in London over the person living in Newcastle upon Tyne in terms of Health, Education, Job opportunities besides paying more rent and expenses in London.

If Gwadar becomes a huge success it will definitely contribute towards the provincial economy and the province will be able to allocate more funds for rest of the provincial cities but that is future and there is no certainty about future. We need to distribute resources evenly with some favour to Gwadar in order to remove the reservation of the locals from other regions of the province. If Gwadar takes 99% cut from the CPEC, it simply means it is being built to serve rest of the provinces as the road network is leading towards Sindh, Punjab and KPK where industrial zones are being established and transportation network being laid out and Balochistan is merely being used to serve rest of the country and China

This is what I am saying as well

90% of the industry is outside London so no idea why you are implying that London has taken the entire share of UK. What you are saying here is similar to some of my old posts on PDF that every country has some major economic hubs and its neighbouring cities thrives from the prosperity of bigger city.
And then again you contradicting the same in last paragraph.
We need to distribute resources evenly with some favour to Gwadar in order to remove the reservation of the locals from other regions of the province. If Gwadar takes 99% cut from the CPEC, it simply means it is being built to serve rest of the provinces as the road network is leading towards Sindh, Punjab and KPK where industrial zones are being established and transportation network being laid out and Balochistan is merely being used to serve rest of the country and China
You do realize that no country except the citi states like Singapore can afford such model, heck even the UK which is only about half of the size of Balochistan and with multitude of fiscal resources at her disposal can't ensure a justified distribution of resources and wealth. Furthermore, Services sector dominate UK's economy with Financial servicing generating about 80% of the current employment. Btw I would love to be corrected and thankful if you can kindly share some graphical distribution of the industries in UK. The income distribution and Venture capital markets map show exact otherwise
Map_of_NUTS_3_areas_in_England_by_GVA_per_capita_(2007).png

venturecapital.png

But if you take the service sector out of London, the industrial zone, health, education sectors, everything is evenly distributed across UK. There is hardly any advantage for the person living in London over the person living in Newcastle upon Tyne in terms of Health, Education, Job opportunities besides paying more rent and expenses in London.
There's only little problem here, doing so would be just like ignoring the whole tree and focusing on seeds instead.

There's difference in pressure and propaganda. The potential of Eastern route is much greater than the western route since eastern route serves the population greater than 171.6 Million (Balochistan+Sindh+Punjab+Hindko Belt of KPK+GB) which constitutes about 84% of national population than the western route which covers 41.86 Million people (Balochistan+KPK+GB) making up about 21.09% of national population.

You can't have an all across development model. In Sindh Karachi, In Punjab Lahore and Multan, In KPK Peshawar and in UK the London is the central metropolis. Its all over the world that a city serves as the engine of domestic economy.
It's not just about population but quickest connectivity with central asians and chinese .... it's required shorter root to attract Afghanistan and other trade routes
While we can connect punjab as well through eastern as well
But if Chinese will have to go through eastern route to travel more and extra fuel cast then even Afghanistan will not attract to gawader as much

And then again you contradicting the same in last paragraph.

You do realize that no country except the citi states like Singapore can afford such model, heck even the UK which is only about half of the size of Balochistan and with multitude of fiscal resources at her disposal can't ensure a justified distribution of resources and wealth. Furthermore, Services sector dominate UK's economy with Financial servicing generating about 80% of the current employment. Btw I would love to be corrected and thankful if you can kindly share some graphical distribution of the industries in UK. The income distribution and Venture capital markets map show exact otherwise
Map_of_NUTS_3_areas_in_England_by_GVA_per_capita_(2007).png

venturecapital.png

There's only little problem here, doing so would be just like ignoring the whole tree and focusing on seeds instead.
If I start replying to your post it will be too length and I might need 20,000 words assignment to explain everything. The bottom line is,

UK enjoy a special status of World City. It's financial centre is unique. One example is, Company A based in New York and Company B based in Tokyo wish to collaborate for a new project so they will establish headquarter in London and hire accountants from London to take care of their financial affairs. London enjoys special status besides being part of UK.

When you go to study business education, they give you basic knowledge that for example there is a fixed salary of telephone operator worth £18,000. This is going to remain same whether you work in London or Glasgow. Then you add the cost of renting a property in London, which is for example 2200 per month x 12 = £26,400 and add the cost of transportation for London around £3500. So the total salary will be £18000 + 26,400 + £3500 = £47,900. This is a rough example because too many factors comes in.

The same job in Glasgow will be worked out something like £18000 + £500 per month = £6000 and £1000 for transportation so the employer may get only £25,000 but it is technically the same amount if you had worked in London when you take the cost of higher expenses in London. So when you see different pay scale, it doesn't have to be London is getting any advantage.

London used to have industries everywhere but most of the industries have been relocated to other cities due to rise of population. When you see the GDP of London, it is basically because of the "Passport" status of London and business friendly policies. You must also not forget that UK has a population of 64 million people out of which about 14 million only lives in the suburbs of London. That is about 22% of UK population... so they get fair distribution of resources in proportion to the size of the population.

The map that you showed already shows fair distribution of resources so I don't have to work too much on that. What they are showing is the income. You do not know that the place where the average income is £18,000 per annum. The average house prices are £300 per month compared to £2000 per month in London.

If you Google the best places to live in UK, you are more likely to find those low pay areas compared to London due to the overly expensive rising costs in London. London will top the rank when you start seeing most expensive cities of UK

I think this discussion has nothing to do with Gwadar. All I am saying is, we must focus on building infrastructure in Balochistan and not blindly invest in 1 city having a non-existant population in hope for the neighbouring cities to relocate in order to fill the vacant job roles.

We basically need similar health infrastructure in Zhob compared to any city in Punjab, Sindh or K-P. The basic facilities must be similar for the residents of every city.

In UK, wherever you go, you will find a hospital and school within walking distance. Wherever you go you will find parks, industrial zones, places of activity etc

Last edited:
It's not just about population but quickest connectivity with central asians and chinese .... it's required shorter root to attract Afghanistan and other trade routes
While we can connect punjab as well through eastern as well
But if Chinese will have to go through eastern route to travel more and extra fuel cast then even Afghanistan will not attract to gawader as much
That kind of route will be an added advantage. For Afghanistan they can just connect the Gawadar to Chamman which is next door vis-a-vis Torkham. So regional connectivity is not the immidiate project but rather the long term objective.

If I start replying to your post it will be too length and I might need 20,000 words assignment to explain everything. The bottom line is,

UK enjoy a special status of World City. It's financial centre is unique. One example is, Company A based in New York and Company B based in Tokyo wish to collaborate for a new project so they will establish headquarter in London and hire accountants from London to take care of their financial affairs. London enjoys special status besides being part of UK.

When you go to study business education, they give you basic knowledge that for example there is a fixed salary of telephone operator worth £18,000. This is going to remain same whether you work in London or Glasgow. Then you add the cost of renting a property in London, which is for example 2200 per month x 12 = £26,400 and add the cost of transportation for London around £3500. So the total salary will be £18000 + 26,400 + £3500 = £47,900. This is a rough example because too many factors comes in.

The same job in Glasgow will be worked out something like £18000 + £500 per month = £6000 and £1000 for transportation so the employer may get only £25,000 but it is technically the same amount if you had worked in London when you take the cost of higher expenses in London. So when you see different pay scale, it doesn't have to be London is getting any advantage.

London used to have industries everywhere but most of the industries have been relocated to other cities due to rise of population. When you see the GDP of London, it is basically because of the "Passport" status of London and business friendly policies. You must also not forget that UK has a population of 64 million people out of which about 14 million only lives in the suburbs of London. That is about 22% of UK population... so they get fair distribution of resources in proportion to the size of the population.

The map that you showed already shows fair distribution of resources so I don't have to work too much on that. What they are showing is the income. You do not know that the place where the average income is £18,000 per annum. The average house prices are £300 per month compared to £2000 per month in London.

If you Google the best places to live in UK, you are more likely to find those low pay areas compared to London due to the overly expensive rising costs in London. London will top the rank when you start seeing most expensive cities of UK

I think this discussion has nothing to do with Gwadar. All I am saying is, we must focus on building infrastructure in Balochistan and not blindly invest in 1 city having a non-existant population in hope for the neighbouring cities to relocate in order to fill the vacant job roles.

We basically need similar health infrastructure in Zhob compared to any city in Punjab, Sindh or K-P. The basic facilities must be similar for the residents of every city.

In UK, wherever you go, you will find a hospital and school within walking distance. Wherever you go you will find parks, industrial zones, places of activity etc
That's just the case in Pakistan as well. You can find a decent job and a hospital and schools in all minor cities now but would that compare against the career potential of Karachi and Lahore? The answer is no. Karachi, Lahore and London are expensive because you have way way more attractive career opportunities than what you can get in Sialkot and Gujranwala. That's the whole point. Ideally you should have homogenous development but that is not possible even in deceloped countries.

That's just the case in Pakistan as well. You can find a decent job and a hospital and schools in all minor cities now but would that compare against the career potential of Karachi and Lahore? The answer is no. Karachi, Lahore and London are expensive because you have way way more attractive career opportunities than what you can get in Sialkot and Gujranwala. That's the whole point. Ideally you should have homogenous development but that is not possible even in deceloped countries.
If you just want to focus on one city that's just your choice. But I believe CPEC should include regions from entire Pakistan and not only Gwadar which is the key to success of the whole project.

Your example about UK is incorrect. That is because you do not know the geography of UK very well...

In London, There is a motorway surrounding London Metropolitan area of about 118 miles (190 kilometres). Imagine the distance from my city to Lahore is around 100 kilometres and many cities like Gujranwala will be passed on the way. I believe London have got 32 Boroughs excluding some outer London areas and each Borough can be treated as a separate city in its own right.

Here is the percentage distribution of Manufacturing employment in UK.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_geography_of_the_United_Kingdom#Manufacturing

You see London is not on the top and only contributes 7% in the manufacturing output. East and West Midlands contributes about 40% of the total output. But that is also evenly distributed because famous cities like Nottingham, Leicester, Coventry, Birmingham, Warwick, Worcester, Wolverhampton, Shrewsbury and Rugby are all located 20-40 minutes drive from each other (near from Birmingham). All these places are hub for the small manufacturing infrastructure in UK followed by Yorkshire region for major manufacturing plants of Cars and Ships.

Back to topic now please :)

pathetic.we sould be thankfull to chinese not making them controversial.......any party involved should be criticized.but safi is a bit sorry face and a sell out

That kind of route will be an added advantage. For Afghanistan they can just connect the Gawadar to Chamman which is next door vis-a-vis Torkham. So regional connectivity is not the immidiate project but rather the long term objective.
But my point is standing on same ,the route will be longer as compare to westerns 1 ,

No major projects in Balochistan, Only schools, we have enough schools. Main beneficiary will be other provinces especially punjab.

But my point is standing on same ,the route will be longer as compare to westerns 1 ,
It's more than just the route. If shortest route would have been the primary consideration. CPEC would have been a straight line from Gawadar to Xingin. Wester Route will always be a Pakistani project give we get some display of seriousness from Central Asian economies. Which is a still a concept as of now. :)

No major projects in Balochistan, Only schools, we have enough schools. Main beneficiary will be other provinces especially punjab.
If there are enough schools in place why so backwardness then? I thought education helped with development

Back
Top Bottom