What's new

15 Jordanian F-16 for sale

Pakistan Air Force believes ( religiously )

That they are best operating the same aircraft that they learned more than 25 years ago in 80. no need ( not capable) of change.

They also believe that all technologies etc developed after the 70s ( when the F-16 was designed ) are not worth it.

PAF are sure they see value in these used planes that other Air Forces which are retiring them just cannot see.

Pakistan Air Force believes ( religiously )

That they are best operating the same aircraft that they learned more than 25 years ago in 80. no need ( not capable) of change.

They also believe that all technologies etc developed after the 70s ( when the F-16 was designed ) are not worth it.

PAF are sure they see value in these used planes that other Air Forces which are retiring them just cannot see.
Perhaps you are not aware of evolving design sir :)

The technologies developed after 70s were gradually integrated in the F16 over the the course of time. The problem is the enthusiast want fancy stuff but the military procurement are not done for the "feel good factor" but keeping in mind "value for money" aspect.

MLU F16 are a more then enough platform to meet our immediate needs and to keep us afloat. Other long term options are being considered in shade of JF17(future blocks), J31 and may be even some other plane. Plus i am sure PAF will be happy to even ask for F22 if you can finance the deal OR even if you think the government can do so! Must learn to accept the facts and realities and then plan to get the best out of the given situation. This is the way to progress and not over ambitious dreams.

You want to add anything @araz sir ?

There seems no reason to object on this purchase. Imagine next morning one squaderen of f7p, replaced by these f16...a multirole fighter capable of countering su30... and capable of deep strike

For some members, who are not getting to the point, what this deal could offer..

1. 5 to 7 million US$ roughly translate into 50 crore to 70 crore Pak rupees. This means that a modern, fully operational and integrated with current support squadron just for 7 to 8 billion Pak rupees.
2. No waiting for years even months. No new training required for pilots, engineers and technicians.
3. Future upgrade packages available.
4. A PAF squadron for air defense role currently equipped with vintage F-7P will replace them with F16 almost for free (when you spread the expense over 15 years), what else is a SMART approach to a looming scenario, where almost 190 air crafts need replacement over next couple of years.
5. These older F16 also gives an opportunity to PAF command to distribute flying hours among more squadrons. Ensuring precious hours saved on expensive BLK-52s.

SMART means Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Time-Based

The technologies developed after 70s were gradually integrated in the F16 over the the course of time. The problem is the enthusiast want fancy stuff but the military procurement are not done for the "feel good factor" but keeping in mind "value for money" aspect.

MLU F16 are a more then enough platform to meet our immediate needs and to keep us afloat. Other long term options are being considered in shade of JF17(future blocks), J31 and may be even some other plane. Plus i am sure PAF will be happy to even ask for F22 if you can finance the deal OR even if you think the government can do so! Must learn to accept the facts and realities and then plan to get the best out of the given situation. This is the way to progress and not over ambitious dreams.

Yara
Please look at post 29 on the subject. I dont want to parrot the reasons for the buy. Anyone interested can go back and ready post.
A

For some members, who are not getting to the point, what this deal could offer..

1. 5 to 7 million US$ roughly translate into 50 crore to 70 crore Pak rupees. This means that a modern, fully operational and integrated with current support squadron just for 7 to 8 billion Pak rupees.
2. No waiting for years even months. No new training required for pilots, engineers and technicians.
3. Future upgrade packages available.
4. A PAF squadron for air defense role currently equipped with vintage F-7P will replace them with F16 almost for free (when you spread the expense over 15 years), what else is a SMART approach to a looming scenario, where almost 190 air crafts need replacement over next couple of years.
5. These older F16 also gives an opportunity to PAF command to distribute flying hours among more squadrons. Ensuring precious hours saved on expensive BLK-52s.

SMART means Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Time-Based
To add to this good post posters need to rememeber the cost of a new block 52 approaching close to 100 million. You have got a squadron covered for the price of one plane
A

Last edited:
Yara
Please look at post 29 on tjhe aubject. I dont want to parrot the reasons for the buy. Anypne interested can go back and ready post.
A
Lolz, so you are already on it!!
Just saw that post and agree with what you said.

so 15 more F-16s in PAF that will be upgraded by turkey.

How many F16 we have now? 31 out of 1982_4 batch, 14 from 1992 batch delivered after 2004, 18 block 52, 13 ex_jordenian and 2 more I think from 1992 batch( if I,m correct). That equals 78. Not 74.
From anywhere we get second hand f16 , we must welcom

Pakistan is going to purchase these aircraft
no other is interested
2nd hand f-16 mlu are ideal for PAF

Once when a PAF F-16 contingent was in Jordan for an exercise, looking at PAF F-16s, the Jordanian commander in a lighthearted moment commented to the Pakistani leader that they should swap the maintenance crew. !!!
Anyways if PAF obtains these aircraft, no doubt they will be brought up to the same capability and standard as those purchased earlier from Jordan.

f-16_fighting_falcon_pakistan_air_force_no_19_sqn_022_defence_day.jpg

Do you have to really cross oceans to find where over ambitious projects ultimately end up????

Inducting them is like filling a small hole dug from a bigger hole in my view ,regardless of life left in these birds we are dangerously closing towards 2030 where another 100+ top line fighters would have to be replaced so 10+ year is a time we see newer platform .This is a dangerous game as 10 years what will be coming as we all know all planes need 20-30 years of development .So F16 block 52+ will be 20 + Years old (Considering operational times in various operations) it will be due after 25 years so by 2030 all F16 will have to be replaced . Can any one shed light on how many platforms we are looking at post 2030 . ?

not sure if you understood what I said.

My argument is around questioning PAF's wisdom ; because they are doing what others are NOT doing.

The men in blue have the history of making "short termed" decisions. F-7 is one of them. F-16 inventory getting grounded due to sanctions is another. Talk about them.

F-16s design is what it was, what has improved are attachments and armaments.
If your argument was correct, USAF would not have developed newer designs, as has every other country.

Unless you come back and tell me, PAF knows and can manufacture each and every part that goes in the aircraft from mechanics to software I doubt you will convince a lot of people.

It pays to step outside the box, and take a new look at things afresh.

Preparation is done in advance, that means today we prepare from the threats we will face 15 years ahead.

Now tell me do you trust Men in blue with their Secondary school education ?

Don't buy F 16 which is at throw away price, lets buy really expensive ones which will be paid from the overflowing coffers of Pakistan.

Don't buy F 16 which is at throw away price, lets buy really expensive ones which will be paid from the overflowing coffers of Pakistan.

Buy what can do that job, not because some thing is cheap.

Scenario, PAF needs to provide active cover to advancing infantry.
But fails to do so, because they purchased cheap AC.

Not the ones that could face, Rafale, T-50, Mig 29, Jaguar, Sukhoi etc. that does not matter.
What matters is PAF got cheap deal, and they kept buying an aircraft that is unable to face the above list.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom