What's new

15.2% in Bangladesh undernourished: Sri Lanka, Pakistan among Asia’s most undernourished countries

Black_cats

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
11:24 AM, September 14, 2017 / LAST MODIFIED: 11:31 AM, September 14, 2017
Sri Lanka, Pakistan among Asia’s most undernourished countries

15.2% in Bangladesh undernourished

ann_graph-52_final_a4_size1.jpg

https://www.thedailystar.net/health...-countries-asian-development-bank-adb-1462051

DataLEADS, New Delhi

Timor Leste, Afghanistan, Sri Lanka and Pakistan have the highest rates of undernourishment in Asia, according to the Asian Development Bank.

Almost 27 percent of the population of Timor Leste remains undernourished, and more than 1 in 10 people report being hungry. Afghanistan, Sri Lanka and Pakistan are other Asian countries with the highest rates of undernourishment in the region. The rate of undernourishment is as high as 26.8 percent in Afghanistan, 22 percent in Sri Lanka and 22 percent in Pakistan, as per latest data by the Asian Development Bank.

Mongolia (20.5 percent) and Laos (18.5 percent) are the other Asian countries which are battling high rates of undernourishment among the population.

South Asian neighbours, India and Bangladesh, with comparatively large sets of population also have 16.4 and 15.2 percent rate of undernourishment respectively.

Elsewhere in Asia, Cambodia, Myanmar and Philippines have also recorded a high rate of undernourishment. While Cambodia and Myanmar both have recorded 14.2 percent rate of undernourishment, Philippines’ is a whisker less at 13.5 percent.

Even Vietnam, China and Indonesia have undernourishment rates of 11, 9.3 and 7.6 percent respectively. Indonesia’s undernourishment rate is almost the same as Nepal (7.8 percent) and Thailand (7.4 percent).

Inspite of economic growth and some amount of poverty reduction, Asian countries still face a massive challenge of undernourishment.

Besides undernourishment, Asian countries have also recorded increasing cases of stunting, micronutrient deficiencies, calorie consumption deficiency and now even obesity.

As per the FAO, overcoming these challenges would require a steady mix of policy and institutional framework rework, increased investment in agriculture as well as promoting awareness and sustainable practices.

Strengthening cooperation on a region wide basis may also help in tackling the problem of undernourishment.

11:24 AM, September 14, 2017 / LAST MODIFIED: 11:31 AM, September 14, 2017
Sri Lanka, Pakistan among Asia’s most undernourished countries

15.2% in Bangladesh undernourished

ann_graph-52_final_a4_size1.jpg

https://www.thedailystar.net/health...-countries-asian-development-bank-adb-1462051

DataLEADS, New Delhi

Timor Leste, Afghanistan, Sri Lanka and Pakistan have the highest rates of undernourishment in Asia, according to the Asian Development Bank.

Almost 27 percent of the population of Timor Leste remains undernourished, and more than 1 in 10 people report being hungry. Afghanistan, Sri Lanka and Pakistan are other Asian countries with the highest rates of undernourishment in the region. The rate of undernourishment is as high as 26.8 percent in Afghanistan, 22 percent in Sri Lanka and 22 percent in Pakistan, as per latest data by the Asian Development Bank.

Mongolia (20.5 percent) and Laos (18.5 percent) are the other Asian countries which are battling high rates of undernourishment among the population.

South Asian neighbours, India and Bangladesh, with comparatively large sets of population also have 16.4 and 15.2 percent rate of undernourishment respectively.

Elsewhere in Asia, Cambodia, Myanmar and Philippines have also recorded a high rate of undernourishment. While Cambodia and Myanmar both have recorded 14.2 percent rate of undernourishment, Philippines’ is a whisker less at 13.5 percent.

Even Vietnam, China and Indonesia have undernourishment rates of 11, 9.3 and 7.6 percent respectively. Indonesia’s undernourishment rate is almost the same as Nepal (7.8 percent) and Thailand (7.4 percent).

Inspite of economic growth and some amount of poverty reduction, Asian countries still face a massive challenge of undernourishment.

Besides undernourishment, Asian countries have also recorded increasing cases of stunting, micronutrient deficiencies, calorie consumption deficiency and now even obesity.

As per the FAO, overcoming these challenges would require a steady mix of policy and institutional framework rework, increased investment in agriculture as well as promoting awareness and sustainable practices.

Strengthening cooperation on a region wide basis may also help in tackling the problem of undernourishment.

Conditions will further DETERIORATE under the Lamb & Deaf PTI Government!
Almost everywhere Peoples are on Strike in Pakistan, but MEDIA is terrified and never gives them coverage except Dawn or Geo News group.

In Peshawar, we too are Strike! On 26th of April 2019 (Friday), we were on Strike in front of Provincial Assembly, Peshawar. Even Now Class-IV Government Employees are on strike in front of Provincial Assembly, Peshawar, In case you do not know!!!!

Almost everywhere Peoples are on Strike in Pakistan, but MEDIA is terrified and never gives them coverage except Dawn or Geo News group.

In Peshawar, we too are Strike! On 26th of April 2019 (Friday), we were on Strike in front of Provincial Assembly, Peshawar. Even Now Class-IV Government Employees are on strike in front of Provincial Assembly, Peshawar, In case you do not know!!!!

When wound gets in healing process you feel pain and itching we are going thru this process. We have gov employees in Pakistan never works any ways they sud have replacement of everyone the day they decided to come back find new employees on their seats.
all my savings in Pakistan in Pak rupees i converted dollars to rupees rate was 86 something in 2017 i think almost 2 years i lost half of my saving but oh well we deserve this why? cuz we defend peoples wrong doing and never stand up for truth.
there is not even one gov office when you get your work done without paying under the table.
bought plots in DHA vally in 2008 and guess what i am still waiting for them to hand me over my plots.
this is not happening in only PTI gov its our nature not to correct ourselves and pass by where we need to stand.

Last edited:
Looks like author started wanking as soon as it finds Bangladesh figure better than Pakistan and forgot 15.2% is for India.

Get rid of the mullahs... You have a beautiful country with enormous resources. You just need to make people feel safe. FDI will flow in and your deficit will go away... This is the quickest fix.
There are other fixes but are hard and I dont think you are willing to go through that hard work.

When wound gets in healing process you feel pain and itching we are going thru this process. We have to gov employees in Pakistan never works any ways they sud have replacement of everyone the day they decided to come back find new employees on their seats.
all my savings in Pakistan in Pak rupees i converted dollars to rupees rate was 86 something in 2017 i think almost 2 years i lost half of my saving but oh well we deserve this why? cuz we defend peoples wrong doing and never stand up for truth.
there is not even one gov office when you get your work done without paying under the table.
bought plots in DHA vally in 2008 and guess what i am still waiting for them to hand me over my plots.
this is not happening in only PTI gov its our nature not to correct ourselves and pass by where we need to stand.
Your problem is somewhere else, not some random govt employee want some extra for a speedy execution.

May be it has something to do with diet culture. Committed Bhuddist usually shun animal protein. Sri Lanka is a very pious Buddhist country.
I dont think so.. Monks are very healthy and well fed even without animal protein.

Because pen is mightier than the sword, specially when the sword is rusted and remains mostly sheathed.
new-1551355916265.jpg

Rusted :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Why does Pakistan never compare with Bangladesh?
Bangladesh is a one party dictatorship.
The benifits of that is that things move faster when it comes to makin decisions.

Pakistan is a democracy that has a legacy of 40 years of corrupt rule.
We have a leadership now that is trying to democratically dismantle corruption and that is not an easy task.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom