What's new

15.2% in Bangladesh undernourished: Sri Lanka, Pakistan among Asia’s most undernourished countries

I dont think so.. Monks are very healthy and well fed even without animal protein.
If it is not diet culture then I do not find any other reason. It's per capita GDP ppp is almost 14,000 dollar, has best health indicators in South Asia. Other reason could be extreme inequality. But Sri Lanka is not more unequal then regional countries. So what could be the reason?

Ok stop trolling or I will close the thread. ...

Pakistanis are proud meat eaters, this data is fake.

Clearly your vegi diet is working. India still remains home to the second largest population of hungry people,In India, about 194.6 million people were undernourished in 2014-16, which was 15.2% of the population. We know we are a poor nation, whats your excuse supa powa.

Ok stop trolling or I will close the thread. ...
So what are the steps taken by your government to ensure food security and tackle malnutrition in children?

extreme inequality
:tup:

So what are the steps taken by your government to ensure food security and tackle malnutrition in children?

:tup:
1280px-2014_Gini_Index_World_Map,_income_inequality_distribution_by_country_per_World_Bank.svg.png

Countries a/c to gini coefficient.

Conditions will further DETERIORATE under the Lamb & Deaf PTI Government!
Almost everywhere Peoples are on Strike in Pakistan, but MEDIA is terrified and never gives them coverage except Dawn or Geo News group.

In Peshawar, we too are Strike! On 26th of April 2019 (Friday), we were on Strike in front of Provincial Assembly, Peshawar. Even Now Class-IV Government Employees are on strike in front of Provincial Assembly, Peshawar, In case you do not know!!!!

Stop it mate. Your mention of Dawn and Geo gives away your game.
Whatever is happening now, is a direct result of the thieves of PMLN and PPP.
New story is coming out yesterday, how Mr "Phurti" and "finger in every pie" Mr FixIT Shahanaz Butt has systematically looted money from every department and services in Punjab and how millions of dollars are taking out of the country.
When you give the countries in the hands of looters the result is what is happening in Pakistan.

new-1551355916265.jpg

Rusted :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Bangladesh is a one party dictatorship.
The benifits of that is that things move faster when it comes to makin decisions.

Pakistan is a democracy that has a legacy of 40 years of corrupt rule.
We have a leadership now that is trying to democratically dismantle corruption and that is not an easy task.
As I said, one party (also China) is not necessarily correct. each country has a different situation(NK and Singapore, Qatar etc), but we need a system that suits our country.

I think Bangladesh should care more about itself, stop comparing with others. that's what I want to say.

If it is not diet culture then I do not find any other reason. It's per capita GDP ppp is almost 14,000 dollar, has best health indicators in South Asia. Other reason could be extreme inequality. But Sri Lanka is not more unequal then regional countries. So what could be the reason?
first you need to find out where the GDP is generated from. Sri Lanka is known for tea plantation which is historically a slave driven business. Fishing industry is also very prone to poverty. Sri Lanka is not known for fertile and easy to grow land. May be a lot of people prefer to live in hills like what we have in hill tracts where livelihood is very difficult.
I may be wrong... We should tag that Australian expatriate from Sri Lanka. I forgot his ID.. Anybody?

Conditions will further DETERIORATE under the Lamb & Deaf PTI Government!
Almost everywhere Peoples are on Strike in Pakistan, but MEDIA is terrified and never gives them coverage except Dawn or Geo News group.

In Peshawar, we too are Strike! On 26th of April 2019 (Friday), we were on Strike in front of Provincial Assembly, Peshawar. Even Now Class-IV Government Employees are on strike in front of Provincial Assembly, Peshawar, In case you do not know!!!!

Are you starving or malnourished? What are you being on strike has anything to do with this thread?

Last edited:
I think Bangladesh should care more about itself, stop comparing with others. that's what I want to say.
OP just posted the news what was written in the newspaper. He did not alter the headline or contents of this report to make it look like Bangladesh vs Pakistan. For newspaper, it is common trend to highlight the best or worst performers. In that case, the name of Pakistan and Sri Lanka came. How it make Bangladesh comparing with Pakistan? If the source of this report came from AP, AFP, Reuters that means they are comparing Bangladesh with Pakistan? Why you only seen the name of Pakistan but not Sri Lanka?

OP just posted the news what was written in the newspaper. He did not alter the headline or contents of this report to make it look like Bangladesh vs Pakistan. For newspaper, it is common trend to highlight the best or worst performers. In that case, the name of Pakistan and Sri Lanka came. How it make Bangladesh comparing with Pakistan? If the source of this report came from AP, AFP, Reuters that means they are comparing Bangladesh with Pakistan? Why you only seen the name of Pakistan but not Sri Lanka?
Do you think I just came to the 'Bangladesh Defense Forum' today?

Do you think I just came to the 'Bangladesh Defense Forum' today?
So you are judging this thread from your previous experience? In that case, there is a risk of over generalization.

Just like you can Google anyhing against Pakistan you can use the same search engine for your questions...I am currently busy with other things if I have the time I will spoon feed you the information since I know many of you are too used to that and probably get paralysis if you search for anything positive in Pakistan so I will spare you that...

Source is daily star which is Bangladeshi newspaper, It seems now a days Bangladesh just like their Indians cousins looks desperately for all things Pakistan and then shamelessly compare. Not exactly sure how Bangladesh with over 15% of population malnourished find that some thing to celebrate?

Have you eliminated poverty completely from Bangladesh or because you have less then Pakistan makes you a winner?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom