What's new

14th August v/s 15th august

We brought civilization to your continent and this is the thanks we get?

pp.gif

The signing off of some papers for Pakistan was done on 14th August, for India on 15th August.

Celebrations kicked off on the 14th, when Lord Mountbaten came here on that day, it was planned for the 15th initially but since he couldn't be in both places at once he came to Pakistan a day earlier to formally hand it over. Although on documents it was written 15th but practically it was 14th.

tanks for info

I read it somewhere in a book, Jinnah of pakistan by Stanley Wolpert i think, that this was because at midnight, two states were created, and so, these two states used different time zones, India was half an hour ahead of us, while we were half an hours behind.

So when it was 12:00 at night in India, it was 11:30 in Pakistan state time.

hence it was 15th in India, but 14th in Pakistan.

I read it somewhere in a book, Jinnah of pakistan by Stanley Wolpert i think, that this was because at midnight, two states were created, and so, these two states used different time zones, India was half an hour ahead of us, while we were half an hours behind.

logical answer..thanks

RazPak, you've become an expert in derailing threads.

Congratulations. That's one thing you've excelled in in your life. :cheers:

Yup that's a possible explanation.

Back
Top Bottom