What's new

14 More F16 for PAF (Approved by US)

Why are defence related news so confusing when presented by our media? Lets wait for a more authentic source such as Janes maybe if sir Fatman can do the honours.

Can you please read the source before running your mouth away!

Air Staff Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman said on Saturday that US agreed to supply 14 more F-16 jets fighters to Pakistan, Aaj News reported.

No where was mention about delivery of 14 F-16 by end of 2010

We are getting 18 new blocks(C/D) this year and the news reported of 14 more means 18+14=32 , is this correct ?
If holds true then what will be the total no of F-16s in our inventory ?

i thnk its similar to what geo reported that Pakistan army ko jadeed tareen cobra helicopter mil rahai hain but they turned out to b the old ones

for me these are ex-PAF f-16's from peace gate 3 0r 4 which were with US navy for many years

First i am shocked at the hypocrisy of Pakistan.

I mean almost every Pakistani Bro here agrees that US is an extremely unreliable supplier and a Backstabber.

Sorry to say but i am seeing Pakistani Members so happy on getting new F-16s.

I mean on one hand we say US is Bad and we don't wanna buy it's equipment but whenever we get the opportunity to buy Aircraft Made in USA we buy it.Isn't this a double standard.Especially regarding to Air force.

And Unless by some Miracle we get Block 60 other F-16s aren't worth to spend money on(My Personal Opinion).Won't be it better to save the money for large numbers of J-10B.

And What is this Israel Supplying thing.Huh.Why would be they supplying anything to one of their biggest enemies and also they are making a lot of money selling India.They aren't fools that will just leave such a big market for a country which doesn't have any Geo-Political Influence nor a big market.

Just heard on ARY news that Pakistan will recieve total 32 blk 52 F-16's this year. That means 18 + 14. Don't know how much credibile is ARY in defence related matters, but they were showing the interview of Air chief so i think they are credible. This is a good news for PAF and all fans like me!:yahoo::pakistan:

guy pull ur PANTS UP ...... its only the 14 single seat modles ok 4 of the double seat modles will have a late entry

edit . OHHHH MY GOD there the ugly frank enstine US NAVY f 16 ... AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

First i am shocked at the hypocrisy of Pakistan.

I mean almost every Pakistani Bro here agrees that US is an extremely unreliable supplier and a Backstabber.

Sorry to say but i am seeing Pakistani Members so happy on getting new F-16s.

I mean on one hand we say US is Bad and we don't wanna buy it's equipment but whenever we get the opportunity to buy Aircraft Made in USA we buy it.Isn't this a double standard.Especially regarding to Air force.

And Unless by some Miracle we get Block 60 other F-16s aren't worth to spend money on(My Personal Opinion).Won't be it better to save the money for large numbers of J-10B.

And What is this Israel Supplying thing.Huh.Why would be they supplying anything to one of their biggest enemies and also they are making a lot of money selling India.They aren't fools that will just leave such a big market for a country which doesn't have any Geo-Political Influence nor a big market.

You are right that U.S. isn't a credible source but as we get what we need from them it's not a problem for us. The important thing is that we don't relay on them in the longterm policy for this we are developing JF-17 and buying J-10 but Pakistan needs some new birds immediatly to counter any conventional or non conventional threat. F-16's are already operated by PAF from past few decades and we have a sigificant experience with them so as the main front line fighter for PAF at this stage we need more F-16's. In future for sure our backbone fighter will be JF-17 when we will have it in significant numbers plus our main fighter will be J-10 or maybe some new advanced platforms (fifth generation fighter)!

Regarding israel, i'm against their gov. and policies towards muslim world as well what they are doing to innocent palestinians but remember it's israel which want's to offer some hardware to Pakistan, we didn't asked them anything! Here you can play good politics just to gain something which goes in our national interests and can possibily harm our enemies....nobody is saying that we have to accept their offers, but just don't ignore them immediatly.;)

i missed out to state in my previous post that PAF Air Chief while talking with media stated that PAF is ready to counter any conventional or non conventional threat and will take action against any enemy in 2 to 6 minutes. Means that we might counter attack the enemy!

Can you please read the source before running your mouth away!

Air Staff Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman said on Saturday that US agreed to supply 14 more F-16 jets fighters to Pakistan, Aaj News reported.

No where was mention about delivery of 14 F-16 by end of 2010
People these are additional 14EDAs being provided by the US.It is difficult to say at this stage what block they will be as I strongly suspect USN is not giving the Bl 15OCUs back. It may be later blocks, but at the moment it is not clear. These are definately in addition to the Bl52s that we will get in 2010.
Araz

Another interesting piece of news disclosed by the Air Chief is that through some back channels, Israel has been very keen to sell and supply Arms and Equipment to Pakistan. !!!!

You got to be worried if this is the case. Do you expect any favors from a country who Pakistan not even recognizes and who restrained attacking our Nuclear Installations more than once in the past? No way buddy, there's nothing on ground that Pakistan needs and for which we would have to depend upon Israel.

i heard it on ptv just now. its 14 other than 18 which we have already ordered. and this process will be completed by 2014

You got to be worried if this is the case. Do you expect any favors from a country who Pakistan not even recognizes and who restrained attacking our Nuclear Installations more than once in the past? No way buddy, there's nothing on ground that Pakistan needs and for which we would have to depend upon Israel.

Buddy, we have not prepared any shopping list to hand over to Israel,
The Air Chief, while briefing the media regarding the on going exercise made the comments upon a querry from one of the reporters.

Is this a fresh purchase or part of the American package out of the strategic dialog??

This was very much expected. In the coming years US will sell more and more F16s to Pak and other developing countries.

The F16 is an old platform now and needs to be replaced in US. Pak may and most probably will strike some good deals with US over F16 in US inventory that they want to get rid of.
Also US doesn't want to lose its arms customer, now that India has indicated that it might be looking somewhere else for its defence needs.
And of course there is this china threat to US. Now US will try to get back Pak's confidence and try to separate it from china so as to isolate china and reduce Pak's dependence on China.

Offering Pakistan a helping hand so Pakistan would not depend on its own? China had given Pakistan enriched uranium in 80s and that speaks what Pakistan means to China and China to Pakistan. But if you want to understand more, give me list of a single project that Pakistan started in which China didn't contribute.

USA helping Pakistan so it could reduce its dependency upon china, that might be an objective but the second part that it could Isolate Islamabad from Shanghai is dreamers dream. Future Lies with emerging powers and not with the sinking ones.

i heard it on ptv just now. its 14 other than 18 which we have already ordered. and this process will be completed by 2014

Details Please: How much money to be paid, which blk etc etc

Back
Top Bottom