What's new

14 More F16 for PAF (Approved by US)

Didn't the PAF have 18 Blk 52's on option which it hasn't yet exercised? So does this mean that it has exercised its options on 18 and a further 14 are on offer?? That would mean a total of 50 new Blk 52's apart frm the the MLU's??

Didn't the PAF have 18 Blk 52's on option which it hasn't yet exercised? So does this mean that it has exercised its options on 18 and a further 14 are on offer?? That would mean a total of 50 new Blk 52's apart frm the the MLU's??

Depend upon whether these 14 are from the bulk of 18 optional or they are separate if they are from 18 which were optional then 4 optinol left but if they are separate thn still 18 are available

Let the authentic source come out then we will see wats the actual story

Do you think US will disapprove 14 new block 52+ deals when 18 have already been approved? Pak is maybe negotiating for reduction of price.
so its 32 new block 52+
and MLU M3 for 44 block 15 F-16 which will bring them to block 52 level.

do you think PAF will go for USAF block 30's and get them MLU upgrades in the future because i have been hearing about it.

BTW PAF is NOT going to buy UAE Mirage 2000-9 as i have confirmed it from a PAF official and he also said that we may buy more used vipers.

whats your opinion?

BTW PAF is NOT going to buy UAE Mirage 2000-9 as i have confirmed it from a PAF official and he also said that we may buy more used vipers.

whats your opinion?

Sir i thnk till 2080 we will still b buying old used vipers world is moving ahead but our needle has been stuck with vipers

anywayz also ask your PAF official source about FC-20's are we really getting them or plan has been switched in favour of vipers?

i think we should be a little bit more humble with the "jubiliation"....Inshallah though i hope this is the truth and it materializes...

Sir i thnk till 2080 we will still b buying old used vipers world is moving ahead but our needle has been stuck with vipers

anywayz also ask your PAF official source about FC-20's are we really getting them or plan has been switched in favour of vipers?

we have operated vipers for over 30 years and it is not to mention a potent platform.

Worldwide the viper would be used till 2025 which means 15 more years and if we buy used vipers and get them MLU to Block 52 standard then i do not see any reason why we should not do it.

100 Block 52 would be a fearful line of defense.

As far as the FC 20 is concerned He has tested it himself and also F7 MG/PG .

That order is on its place and PAF is looking for the most highly upgraded variant of it J10B.

As it seems chinese AESA is being tested along with WS 10 also some advanced electronics / Avionics suites to meet PAF's specific requirements.

They wont start arriving until 2014 but all Vipers would be delivered before that which will be our defense backbone until we recieve complete batches of Thunders and FC 20 so to me vipers do have a place in our Arsnell.

Regards.:pakistan:

As far as the FC 20 is concerned He has tested it himself and also F7 MG/PG .

Sir has he tested the j-10 basic version or the fc-20 one? and what about the performance of Fc-20 both in general and as compared to f-16's?

Sir has he tested the j-10 basic version or the fc-20 one? and what about the performance of Fc-20 both in general and as compared to f-16's?

Sorry my bad that was J-10A and F7MG/PG he may have been associated with thunder program too but i still have to confirm.

J 10A compareable to F 16 A/B Mirage 2k and F 18 hornet.

J 10B compareable to F 16 C/D E/F and super hornet.

Remember the Fc 20 has been tailored for PAF and specially its ground attack capability ie IRST.

Good luck with finding the real pictures of its cockpit which has extensively been upgraded to compete with MKI and if AESA is true than guess what we would have 150 true 4.5 generation jets packed with Vipers and thunders our air force pilots can beat the crap out of IAF in the sky and on the ground .

I will try get some updates soon inshallah.
regards

Pakistan negotiating 14 more F-16 jets from USMarch 28, 2010 (by Lieven Dewitte)

Pakistan has been negotiating to get another lot of 14 F-16 block 52 aircraft, Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman said Saturday.

Briefing the media at Air Headquarters, Suleman said he was hoping to get 14 F-16 jets in addition to the 18 the U.S. already committed to.

According to the Air Chief, the 18 'Peace Drive I' aircrafts will come to Pakistan in batches of four or so, while 42 earlier bought F-16 are being upgraded in Turkey, a project which should be completed by 2014.

Early 2010, the United States approved the delivery of 12 Lockheed Martin F-16C and 6 F-16D planes, scheduled to begin from June 2010.

In 1990, the U.S. halted the production of a third and fourth batch of F-16s ordered by Pakistan, due to it's nuclear weapons program. 40 F-16A/B aircraft had been delivered under the Peace Gate I and II programs, however none of the Peace Gate III and IV aircraft were delivered.

However, in 2005, Pakistan, received clearance to go ahead with an order for additional F-16s, which was considered to be a reward to General Pervez Musharraf's support for the war on terror.

This delivery to Pakistan will bring its inventory of the planes to 54. If a new deal is approved, Pakistan's arsenal of F-16s, including refurbished fighters, will amount to 79, defense officials said. Pakistan has been operating F-16s since 1982.

http://www.f-16.net/news_article4048.html

Pakistan needs around 112 to 128 F-16 for 7 or 8 Squadrons to fully defend Pakistani skies from the rapidly growing Indian Air Force.

If getting another 14 brings us to 79 F-16...we would still still need an additional 32 F-16 to give us a full complement.

With USA shifting to F-35...hopefully they can sell their used F-16 at a discount to countries like Pakistan.

Mercenary...if they wanted they would have offered it after 9/11 to Pakistan for cooperating in war on terror. They have hundreds of block 25/30 in stocks. i don't think so jewish lobby could've stopped it if they could they would have stopped these 18 F-16s, there are elements within us govt they're not in favor of it.

I think 80-90 F16 @ Block C/D levels ~ is great for Pakistan Airforce

The most important thing for us is upgrad work and spareparts for our F16 fleet , and integration of some new weapons system into our fleet

Getting spare engines etc and vital parts for our F16 fleet is important so we can continue to focus on national defensive goals

The 90 F16 should be good platform to work with Saab Erie Eye
immediately

Mean while our JF17 thunder project will also continue to evolve with time ...

We will really bear the fruits of our goals , when we will get the J10B Chiese fighetrs
integrated into our Airforce with Chinese Awacs -

39c4e74a6eb7afb3bf4e1260bddebc15.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom