What's new

12 best tanks in world

Challenger 2 is the best tank in the world. British got some kind of secret Electric Armor that makes tanks withstand multiple hits from RPGs.

Challenger 2 is the best tank in the world. British got some kind of secret Electric Armor that makes tanks withstand multiple hits from RPGs.

Any modern tank can withstand multiple RPG hits which have marginal/no effect due to composite armour.

We should wait for Al Khalid I being shown on IDEX 2014 I think it would be considered among top 7 best Tanks in the world when people will see it

How about no. AK has shitty armor compared to others. Pretty much the turret is exposed. The wheel wells are exposed. Good and Cheap, not the best on armor.

How about no. AK has shitty armor compared to others. Pretty much the turret is exposed. The wheel wells are exposed. Good and Cheap, not the best on armor.
Mr Al-Khalid is far better than Al-Zarrar and if the Al-Zarrar can survive the kind of attack which happened on it on SWAT than Al-Khalid is far better than Al-Zarrar and it is going be better when Al-Khalid I will be revealed

Mr Al-Khalid is far better than Al-Zarrar and if the Al-Zarrar can survive the kind of attack which happened on it on SWAT than Al-Khalid is far better than Al-Zarrar and it is going be better when Al-Khalid I will be revealed

Silly man any tank can handle RPG 7 hits. Multiple times, IED's attacks unless put underneath do not have an adverse affect. I was comparing AK to modern battle tanks like for example Markava IV, the Israeli behemoth. That thanks has anti tank round protection and also an armor that defines a modern tank. AK is undoubtedly a very capable tank to it, but it isnt the best and we dont have the technology nor money to make it out to be the best.

MerkavaMk4_ZE001m.jpg

compare it with

WAa7t.jpg

We may not have the best, let's just say whatever our neighbour's got in their formations we have got them covered.

buddy suppose if India requests Israel to upgrade its retired fleet of around 1800 Vijanta tanks(Vickers MBT) in the near future do you think that Israel will be able to upgrade and modify them?if yes then what will the propose upgradation and can the main gun be upgraded to 120mm or 125 mm smooth bore gun?
The Vijayanta has been supplanted by the T-72M1 in Indian service. Production continued at the HVF in Avadi until 1983. Bulk production of Vijayanta spares ended in 1989. The overhauling of the fleet was discontinued from the year 1999-2000 as the withdrawal from service of the Vijayanta had already been approved.
Wikie tells us that some 70 were refitted with Marconi's SFCS 600 fire control system; there have been several attempts to upgrade the Vijayanta fleet with additional armour (Kanchan), a T-72 engine, a new fire control system (the SUV-T55A), a land navigation system etc. It was planned to upgrade 1,100 tanks but it eventually only a small number was upgraded, only partially. Known versions include the Mark 1Awith the Bharat Electronics Tank Fire-Control System AL 4420 with improved sight mounts and muzzle reference system, the Mark 1B with the AL 4421 system (incl. a British Barr & Stroud Tank Laser Sight and a computer to increase first round hit probability). The Mark 1C and Mark 2 were the last upgrades.

See also Army Guide - Vijayanta, Modernization of the vehicle

Any modern tank can withstand multiple RPG hits which have marginal/no effect due to composite armour.

Youtube isnt working. But if its working in your country then view this. It shows an Armored Personal Carrier with Electric Armor being hit by something. I do not know whats in the clip because youtube is blocked in Pakistan. Challenger 2 has this armor I think, one can hit a Challenger 2 with many RPGs and it wont be destroyed.

Pakistani tanks still dont have the chops to be the best. Their frontal armor is thin. Compared to M1A2, Challenger 2, Merkava 3 and 4 and Leopards, Pakistani tanks have smaller turrets with minimal armor. They can be called ONE HIT WONDER. I am using this phrase incorrectly but somehow it fits here. Because if their turrets get hit from the side they will POP. They need to put more armor on the turrets. Or make them have add on armor later so that after they are built they can add more armor later during upgrades.

Leopard tanks have good armor that can be added later I think. Or may be these two are different Leopard tanks. What do you guys think.

leopard_2ng_l2.jpg

Last edited:

Too much fanfare to calling Challenger 2 is the best tank in the world

I think, these quartet Merkava MkIV, Chally, Leo2A7 and Abrams M1A2 has their own charm and can be considered the best stuff you can get out there.

And i think Japanese Type 10 is a good tank too

Too much fanfare to calling Challenger 2 is the best tank in the world
I think, these quartet Merkava MkIV, Chally, Leo2A7 and Abrams M1A2 has their own charm and can be considered the best stuff you can get out there.
And i think Japanese Type 10 is a good tank too

Well British invented tanks and they made Chobham armor and now they got this Electric Armor. What would M1A1 and M1A2 do without Chobam armor? All those tanks are better tanks but Challenger 2 is best.

Last edited:
@Sherlock Holmes
What the bloody hell UK can do without US cash bucks and their continuing orders to support the line production of those so called Chobham armor programme. And then now, UK doesn't have any production facility for their Chally

Depleted Uranium armor of Abrams combined with their own versions of ERA package such as what they are had using in their TUSK program is a very great armor protection. Abrams has more power to weight ratio and can dashed around battlefield with their turbine engine. And you must put it into account, their L30A1 120 mm rifled gun is not as impressive as 120 mm Smoothbore gun of Abrams or Leo2.

What the bloody hell UK can do without US cash bucks and their continuing orders to support the line production of those so called Chobham armor programme. And then now, UK doesn't have any production facility for their Chally

Good luck with the shouting and getting angry thing. Take care :P

Back
Top Bottom