What's new

1000 years old mandir - Manora , Karachi

Manora could have been the sister city to Angkor. The architecture gives away the similarities.

I have visited this place a couple of times. Feels haunted.

No it's not. Stop scaring people

Did I say it is? I said it feels as if it is haunted.

To you everything's haunted.

It's just the effects of waves dying on the shore in futility that sound sometimes relaxes people sometimes scares them.

I wonder if the Charsi with a pack of street dogs as friends still roams the area.

Kia piya hai aaj?

ask Sheryar Frodi

I wonder if the Charsi with a pack of street dogs as friends still roams the area.
Which Charsi you are talking about?

One of my relatives spent whole life cleaning the mosque adjacent to Yousuf Shah Ghazi's mazar... He was a majzoob.. I hope you are not calling him a charsi.

Which Charsi you are talking about?

There used to be a Malang who used to patrol the lakeshore street at night. He had a whole army of street dogs who he used to set free on those who he thought were just idling about.

Man could those dogs run. I suspect he was a drug dealer with a fancy disguise. He spoke in tongues which always scared everyone.

One of my relatives spent whole life cleaning the mosque adjacent to Yousuf Shah Ghazi's mazar... He was a majzoob.. I hope you are not calling him a charsi.

nah i can differentiate between a charsi and a devotee so it wasn't him

nah i can differentiate between a charsi and a devotee so it wasn't him
Nopes, his story is a bit strange.. an unrelated person couldn't identify him as a devotee.

His story is so strange that you will not believe.. and I don't want to make myself a joke on this forum too..

So if you are interested, I can tell you in a private msg.

Man could those dogs run. I suspect he was a drug dealer with a fancy disguise. He spoke in tongues which always scared everyone.
Have never seen this kind of guy although I have visited Manora many many times in my life.. in 80s, 90s, and 2000s.

Nopes, his story is a bit strange.. an unrelated person couldn't identify him as a devotee.

His story is so strange that you will not believe.. and I don't want to make myself a joke on this forum too..

So if you are interested, I can tell you in a private msg.

Chor yr Karachi ki yaad dila di. my small little pind.

yahan bohat suttay maray hain mene kharay hokar

Have never seen this kind of guy although I have visited Manora many many times in my life.. in 80s, 90s, and 2000s.

1998 to 2002.

dude i told you it was all smuggling cover up now when i look back.

bohat buri baat hai. nahi karna chaiye majol or sehat ke liye kharab hai. kese do numbri think tank ho tum

Poocha tha general knowledge ke liey aap tou bura hi maan gaey sarkaar!

burayi ki targheeb mujhse na karao. mujhe latt lag jati hai asaani se esi baaton se.

bachpan me bachon ko school me quaid e azam ki tasveeren dikhate hai parhate nahi hai. jabhi bache cigarette petay hai agar baqi sab bhi batayen Jinnah ke baray me to log cigarette nahi piyen

1000 years old mandir - Manora

I think there may have been old monument at this place but Karachi before British conquest in 1839 did not have any stone buildings. The stone Mandir may have been constructed after 1839. Even the mausoleum of Abdullah Shah Ghazi near the mandir was small building not made of stone. You can see old photo of mausoleum and the new one after expansion and construction.

309a3e3a8f58ae92049e835e3cc884b7.jpg

upload_2020-2-29_18-52-58.jpeg

That is Manora in 1800s painting. Any Temple here ?
812797-xtjlvldhtg-1469800922.jpg

Hard to make out any buildings in the picture to decide that.

Locals however do have a fascinating tale to tell as to how long have they inhabited the island

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom