What's new

1000 Minority girls forced into marriage each year : Report

Pa =Punjab
K = KPK
S = sindh
TAN =Baluchistan
Technically Pakistan existed long before what you think
technically K was for Kashmir, and A in PAK was for Afghania which was also the name of NWFP, so it becomes
P = Punjab
A = Afghania
K = Kashmir
I = Indus
S = Sindh
TAN = Balochistan

@IND_PAK I stand corrected by @Nuri Natt
shoot, sorry bout, that didnt see that someone already gave a reply LOL

It's obvious now that you are just a kid seeking some attention.....now that you have had your thrills, better concentrate on your home work......that's a good boy.

Hahaha..... that's called a quitting troll! Good, next time onwards think twice before messing.... boy!

I leave you here, happy trolling!

Are you sure all religion felt India was their homeland? If that is the case why was Pakistan asked for as a separate independent state? Man who are you fooling?

If Muslims dont felt that India is their homeland, why at all they ask for their share from India?

Creation of pakistan was based on "supposed" fear and not on "present evidences" suggesting muslims will not have equal rights.

The problem was muslims out of superiority complex do not wanted to be ruled by "hindu" majority government no matter if they are considered "equal". They do not wanted to be just equal.

You think killing us gave us a feeling of oneness? You think spitting and saying crap to Kashmiris makes them feel at home?! :blink:

Killing happened after partition was declared and that happen from both sides. How come you decide the feelings prevalent "before" the killings was not oneness? We "all" fight for freedom of India, jalianwala bagh happened for freedom of one country, wasn't it oneness?

The "oneness" was shattered because of personal ambition of few muslims elites who were not ready to accept a secular and democratic country which may have every chance of electing a "hindu" but "secular" government.

KI for KPK + Kashmir...where Pa can be Pakhtunstan + Punjab you see we are not as strict as you guys who want everything clear cut...we are flexible...Punjab can stretch on so can Sindh

Still no Bangladesh even if I accept your ever changing abbreviation. History did right. :D

1,000 minority girls forced in marriage every year: report - DAWN.COM

5343618036fa4.jpg

WASHINGTON: An estimated one thousand Christian and Hindu women are forced to convert and marry Muslim men in Pakistan every year, says a report released on Monday.

According to a report by the Movement for Solidarity and Peace in Pakistan, up to 700 of these women are Christian and 300 are Hindu.

“The true scale of the problem is likely to be much greater, as a number of cases are never reported or do not progress through the law-enforcement and legal systems,” the authors claim.

The MSP also issued an appeal for action along with this investigative report detailing forced marriages and conversions of Christian girls and women in Pakistan.

The Christian community in Pakistan is over two million in size, accounts for 42 per cent of Pakistan's minority population, and is mostly resident in Punjab.

MSP’s investigations find that cases of forced marriages/conversions follow a distinctive pattern: Christian girls — usually between the ages of 12 and 25 — are abducted, converted to Islam, and married to the abductor or third party.

The victim's family usually files a First Information Report for abduction or rape with the local police station. The abductor, on behalf of the victim girl, files a counter FIR, accusing the Christian family of harassing the willfully converted and married girl, and for conspiring to convert the girl back to Christianity.

Upon production in the courts or before the magistrate, the victim girl is asked to testify whether she converted and married of her own free will or if she was abducted.

In most cases, the girl remains in custody of the abductor while judicial proceedings are carried out.

Upon the girl's pronouncement that she willfully converted and consented to the marriage, the case is settled without relief for the family. Once in the custody of the abductor, the victim girl may be subjected to sexual violence, rape, forced prostitution, human trafficking and sale, or other domestic abuse.

These patterns of violence and miscarriages of justice are explored in the report through an examination of 10 illustrative cases.

The report also describes the historical and social context of the problem, and the particular grievances of Pakistan's Christian community in relation to the existing legal, political, and procedural guarantees for the protection of human rights of Pakistan's religious minorities. The report also highlights the patterns of violence through which the law and social attitudes become complicit in providing immunity for perpetrators, and the complex nature of associated crimes that make it difficult to categorise this crime as specific to religious identity. The report concludes with detailed recommendations at various levels — national, provincial, and local — for key stakeholders.

MSP is mobilising an inclusive coalition to raise awareness on this issue. MSP will host outreach events in the coming weeks in Pakistan (in collaboration with the National Commission of Justice and Peace in Pakistan) and around the world.

Pakistan is on its way to become a minority-free country, in 10-15 years their shrinking minority population will either convert to Islam or they will have to leave Pakistan. This could also be the fate of their Muslim minority sects.

If Muslims dont felt that India is their homeland, why at all they ask for their share from India?

Creation of pakistan was based on "supposed" fear and not on "present evidences" suggesting muslims will not have equal rights.
What kind of evidence is a blind eye asking for? Do you mean to say those who were murdered was because some meteorite hit India in the mid 19th century? Seriously how much more denial?
The problem was muslims out of superiority complex do not wanted to be ruled by "hindu" majority government no matter if they are considered "equal". They do not wanted to be just equal.
Based on assumptions....just your thinking...People who can ignore genocides can prob assume anything, right?!

Killing happened after partition was declared and that happen from both sides. How come you decide the feelings prevalent "before" the killings was not oneness? We "all" fight for freedom of India, jalianwala bagh happened for freedom of one country, wasn't it oneness?
Killing did not happen after portioning was declared! It was already happening....after the declaration of independent Islamic state Indians ego got bruised as they were confident Muslims wont get their land....Seriously, is that what they teach you in India how to be ignorant?

I am not talking about killing for independence ...where you guys see it is advantageous: you want your name in the fight for freedom? While where your ancestors attacked Muslims you do not see your name on then?

The "oneness" was shattered because of personal ambition of few muslims elites who were not ready to accept a secular and democratic country which may have every chance of electing a "hindu" but "secular" government.
We see the dalits in the secular democratic country we see same inequality we still see the same denial mindset, what secular what democratic and what change?

Still no Bangladesh even if I accept your ever changing abbreviation. History did right. :D
Bangladesh prob wasnt included and majority of Pakistanis agree that what happened was wrong @BDforever However it was called East Pakistan.....and it sought its freedom ....so be it! Unlike the Indians we are not crying over it for half a century now!

You guys are not even giving Pakistani hindu dalits nationality in India. And also never even think about sinking ship Bangladesh to merge back with India despite likes of @IamBengali begging for it.

So end result is there is no love lost just Hindus have eyes on Pakistan resources and location. Poor north indian bhaiyas will once again invade Pakistan and just like they have invaded every state in India. Basically every Indian state is sick of them, Mahashtra especially hates them. Problem is we already have enough Afghan refugees who work for dirt cheap in Punjab fields.

Mass inmigration of bhaiyas is not needed.

You guys are not even giving Pakistani hindu dalits nationality in India. And also never even think about sinking ship Bangladesh to merge back with India despite likes of @IamBengali begging for it.

So end result is there is no love lost just Hindus have eyes on Pakistan resources and location. Poor north indian bhaiyas will once again invade Pakistan and just like they have invaded every state in India. Basically every Indian state is sick of them, Mahashtra especially hates them. Problem is we already have enough Afghan refugees who work for dirt cheap in Punjab fields.

Mass inmigration of bhaiyas are not needed.

What are you talking about? What do bhaiyas have to do with this?

ah, voting and with a Hindu majority, there will always be Hindu dominated government, hence the same problem which caused the partition in 1947, and the only difference will be, that there will be no one else to lead us then, and then we will slowly succumb to Hindu torture and eventually Muslim population will be wiped out, THE END
so to avoid that, i would prefer to stay right as we are now

Wipe out the muslim population???
Ha ha haaaaaaaaaa

FYI:
INDIA has the 3rd largest muslim population in the world.And ask any muslim in India if they would like to go to Pakistan and they would give you a BIG FAT NO. Lol
But I cant say the same about the hindu population in your country.

Wipe out the muslim population???
Ha ha haaaaaaaaaa

FYI:
INDIA has the 3rd largest muslim population in the world.And ask any muslim in India if they would like to go to Pakistan and they would give you a BIG FAT NO. Lol
But I cant say the same about the hindu population in your country.
but we have our fears

Yes instead of 2 external enemies we will have one external enemy and one big internal enemy .
You are just paranoid!!! :-)

kurup said:
Read the issue at Kanpur in the politics thread . That is when they are minority .
Aahhh it is like getting caught between scylla and charybdis.

kurup said:
Any increase in their number , you will be see the increase in intolerance much higher .
Hmmmm.
Its a wrong image that is propagated.
We have a liberal society and whatever influence will be mutual.

kurup said:
Dozens of people I know work there including neighbours , firends , relatives , ......

None of them shared your enthusiasm . If anything majority of them despise pak .
I am not just enthusiastic but also optimistic.

kurup said:
Our defence budget is already one ofthesmallest by % of GDP .

For every one good reason for unification there will be thousand reasons for India not to .
Pessimism!!

No they are begging for Indian nationality, there is difference. You guys should welcome them and give them nationality, or them being dalits tribals is to much for Indian hindus like you to handle? When will hindus start accepting dalits as their own?
First of all you should be ashamed that ppl in your country are begging for another country's citizenship.it goes on to show how the minorities in your country are treated.
Dalits are no longer down trodden in India.
And I dont understand your mentality.How can you discriminate on the basis of religion???

:blink:

Pa =Punjab
K = KPK
S = sindh
TAN =Baluchistan

Technically Pakistan existed long before what you think :azn:
:disagree::disagree::disagree:

Dont twist the facts now hon.

Talon said:
Thats what they call in India here we just call it Independence from Gori chamri :angel:
Naahhhh
Independence from gori chamri is different from partition that India faced.Though it happened simultaneously.

Last edited:
!!
Dalits are no longer down trodden in India.
And I dont understand your mentality.How can you discriminate on the basis of religion???

I don't discriminate. I will tell you story of Pakistani hindu dalits. Urban sindhi hindus who are higher caste hindus tricked Pak goverment to combine reservation for higher caste hindus and dalits in to one. Now higher caste hindus in Pakistan enjoy all the benefits while lower are left to rot thanks to higher caste hindus.

Some of them have wrong idea of Bharat being land of milk and honey for hindus. When they cross the border and see no one wants dalit hindus, they cry and come back. So in this case when you guys reject hindus for being low caste, then what hope have muslims?

I don't discriminate. I will tell you story of Pakistani hindu dalits. Urban sindhi hindus who are higher caste hindus tricked Pak goverment to combine reservation for higher caste hindus and dalits in to one. Now higher caste hindus in Pakistan enjoy all the benefits while lower are left to rot thanks to higher caste hindus.

Wow!!
You make the government sound as innocent as the lambs.

Nuri Natt said:
Some of them have wrong idea of Bharat being land of milk and honey for hindus. When they cross the border and see no one wants dalit hindus, they cry and come back. So in this case when you guys reject hindus for being low caste, then what hope have muslims?
Dalit's reservation in India is still intact. So they are coming up. And this is the 21st century, caste and religion is the last thing that we think of.
But then I am not sure which era are you living in. :sick:

After reading some of your posts regarding India's Muslims, is this meant to be a joke?
common I am not that bad person/......
U just don't know me yet..........
Well honestly speaking, I really have no interest in visiting India...Like you said we all share the same culture so what can I possibly want to see in India?! :azn:

Well apart from Taj Mahal I myself need to explore soo much of Pakistan...I really wanna see RaniKot Fort herd it is the largest fort in the world :woot: ...no one is actually sure when it was first constructed because it has been restored in the beginning of the 19th century
Okk....:(
we do share same culture..but only with the north part....not with the south and east and north east.....it will be one of ur most fascinating experience in life.....
ur saying of what u can possibly see in india is like......a person saying ...whats there on beach just sand and water...what possibly I can see there.....or an astronaut saying what there on moon its just a lump of dirt and rock...what possibly I can see there.......some time u need to visit that place to see what it actually is......but u have ur own perception...which i know is hard to shake......:D:D

believe me there are thousand of more thing to see in india apart from Taj mahal......which u can only know once u come here...
that ranikot fort is in sindh ...right.....I would have visited it if we were one nation.....
and u could have visited the many places of india ...without any visa problem........:)

Back
Top Bottom