What's new

100% price escalation on Rafale fighter aircraft to Rs 1.75 lakh crore likely to dent IAF's strike c

During that period rupee value has decreased from 40 to 60, so 12 billion becomes 18 billion without any price increase, but 30 billion I don't understand.

Dude, if rupee depreciates, the dollar price won't go up. 12 billion dollars will remain 12 billion dollars, but the amount of rupees we have to shell out will increase. In this case, dollar value has gone up, and the value of rupee relative to dollar has gone down, so it is double trouble.

May Its Due too full tot i think french will not transfer us key tech so cheap
Utter nonsense. Full ToT was always part of this deal, the French knew it from day ONE. They can't simply increase the price on their whim. Many people are making ASSUMPTIONS, "the French won't do X so they are doing Y blah blah blah". The ONLY concrete bit of news that has come out and has been confirmed by both sides is that the main issue is the work-sharing agreement and both sides are working on addressing this quickly.

Dude, if rupee depreciates, the dollar price won't go up. 12 billion dollars will remain 12 billion dollars, but the amount of rupees we have to shell out will increase. In this case, dollar value has gone up, and the value of rupee relative to dollar has gone down, so it is double trouble.
What's the USD got to do with this deal?

My understanding is its life cycle cost ( 20 - 30 billion) and what people are comparing is flyaway cost which would be much less,
A year or 2 back Somewhere I was heard that usually the life cycle costs are around 3 times the flyaway cost for western aircrafts and this would be 4 to 5 times for Russian (Since they are maintenance intensive). Is this correct or wrong? Does any senior/anyone knows about these figures...
Thanks in Advance...

My understanding is its life cycle cost ( 20 - 30 billion) and what people are comparing is flyaway cost which would be much less,
A year or 2 back Somewhere I was heard that usually the life cycle costs are around 3 times the flyaway cost for western aircrafts and this would be 4 to 5 times for Russian (Since they are maintenance intensive). Is this correct or wrong? Does any senior/anyone knows about these figures...
Thanks in Advance...
This is pretty accurate.

This is the reason i have always said that India was ditched by france 2 times and germany only once

The fact that our forex reserves are mostly in dollars, and even if the payment is in euros, we will be using our dollar reserves to buy the equivalent euros.

BTW, you are peddling a lie (I'll be charitable and assume that it's an honest mistake) when you say that the euro-rupee xchange rate has remained the same. It has not. In 2011, the value was about 60 rupees, and now it is close to 86. That's a 43 percent depreciation.

XE.com - EUR/INR Chart

no problem, we will adjust the weight of JFT II for you, just for you:enjoy::yahoo:
Utter nonsense. Full ToT was always part of this deal, the French knew it from day ONE. They can't simply increase the price on their whim. Many people are making ASSUMPTIONS, "the French won't do X so they are doing Y blah blah blah". The ONLY concrete bit of news that has come out and has been confirmed by both sides is that the main issue is the work-sharing agreement and both sides are working on addressing this quickly.

whatever Is Mate for me this Whole MMrca Project is waste of Money We are wasting it on 4.5 gen tech rather going for future tech 5 gen. now technology is changing day by day we should rather focused on future projects like amca lca mk2 will lack funding if this deal will go through

What's India's backup plan?
well Rafale is coming..... higher costs or not but IAF is getting them Period

but in case if that dosent happens plan B is already in pipeline and that is more MKIs(50-60) + MOD just might buy a few Mig 35s(around 60) with latest engines and ASEA + LCA MK2 will be hurried

but personally i prefer IAF to choose 60 Latest Block advanced super hornets instead of Mig 35s

Utter nonsense. Full ToT was always part of this deal, the French knew it

I never heard Indian Euro reserve going down. I think India has a very small reserve in Euro. International trade settlement happens in $ unless some countries have direct settlement facility. I don't think with France that is the case

You might have read that due to Scorpene cost overrun Defense Minister quoted price in INR or $, never Euro

If it's 30 billion $ then it's 238 million $ per aircraft , may be the whole package

Why everyone calculating 120million $
120 * 126 = 15,120 million
Then rest of 15 billions for what?

Indian politicians at their pace can't decide much .

May be time to go yayyyyyy on JF 17 ? We can ask tot from Pakistan .

This is pretty accurate.
If we use this thumb rule then rough figures could be ( for 30 billion $ ) the lifetime cost could be 240 million $ per plane and if we consider the flyaway cost then it could be 240/3 = 80 million $, which I feel is not bad for this bird. it looks like GOI is dragging its feet looking at 30 billion $ commitment which looks OK in general sense.
Pl comment.

Back
Top Bottom