What's new

10 Stories That Prove Gurkhas Are the Fiercest Fighters on the Planet

Great soldiers and they've proved their worth the world over. But let's just drop the most fiercest stuff. Many cultures around the world are just as good.

In Pak .. The best fighters in my view are the GB guys.. in only a short span of them (NLI became part of PA after 20001?) they became the highest decorated regiment in the army (Pre-Independence)..
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

And those those guys instil fear among the Taliban .. During Swat peace negotiations the Taliban categorically asked for them to be transferred.. And even today those guys are fighting in FATA .. Even the toughest guys SSG respect the NLI... Fun loving,happy go around guys .. Cruel and unforgiving for the enemy..

P.S; I would love to post pictures of minced taliban fighters chewed by the NLI!

In Pak .. The best fighters in my view are the GB guys.. in only a short span of them (NLI became part of PA after 20001?) they became the highest decorated regiment in the army (Pre-Independence)..
View attachment 303052 View attachment 303053 View attachment 303054
And those those guys instil fear among the Taliban .. During Swat peace negotiations the Taliban categorically asked for them to be transferred.. And even today those guys are fighting in FATA .. Even the toughest guys SSG respect the NLI... Fun loving,happy go around guys .. Cruel and unforgiving for the enemy..

P.S; I would love to post pictures of minced taliban fighters chewed by the NLI!

Yes i remember my uncle telling me aout the SWAT operation and how the NLI and Chitral scouts loaded the Taliban prisoners on a Mi-17 and kicked them from the sky into the Taliban main stronghold.They say it rained Taliban on that day...

Could be that the trauma they inflicted were so blunt on your national psyche that you prefer to forget the very men who snatched away half your country. Better men would have burnt these images into their mind and worked ceaselessly for revenge but what do ya know

Did they really snatch away half of Pakistan? I mean, that half was already looking for blood - it was over before the first Indian soldier stepped in.

Did they really snatch away half of Pakistan? I mean, that half was already looking for blood - it was over before the first Indian soldier stepped in.

that remains in realms of speculation, no one can know what would have happened if India had not intervened. May be millions more would have died to achieve the same result or may be they would have been still fighting

View attachment 303052 View attachment 303053 View attachment 303054

The mountains in the Gb area are even higher than the ones in the Pashtun areas, those folks must have some excellent lung capacity, btw it was once mentioned that when NLI capture Taliban, they give the talibs a most gruesome death.

Cruel and unforgiving for the enemy..

Mutilating dead bodies is not bravery but a jahilia practice. I am very well aware of the Taliban getting tortured to death by Pak army guys, it put question mark on their professionalism. Taliban are 'bad guys' because they do gruesome things , but if Pak army guys have also the same level of blood lust or even more (for Taliban dont torture their prisoners to death but do quick beheading), then they are also are not exactly good guys. In the end ,the actions of both will be judged by Allah on the judgement day , and only he knows whether actions of Pak army soldiers like those of NLI are in the accordance with Islam or not.

. The Gurkhas have fought in several wars, including both world wars and the Falklands War. Known as some of the most skilled and fiercest warriors in the world, the Gurkhas have impressed (and terrified) everyone around them.
I am not convinced that they can 'terrify' their enemies, they are small with 'cute' and innocent faces. I think due to the terrain, they have high stamina and endurance, and its their fierce loyalty which has always impressed their masters. They are the best 'mercenaries' in the world.

Also a famous incident in Afghanistan - In a hand to "hand combat" a Gurkha beheaded a Taliban and took his head to his CO to verify the identity of the Taliban commander.

He was removed from the service but later reinstated.

Khukri Strike at neck is the integral part of their training since World Wars to this day in Indian Army.
In his story , he found a sleeping Taliban in a tent and beheaded him. Most likely he beheaded an innocent Afghan shepherd , they all have beards. Taliban fighters just dont sleep on the ground in open in the vicinity of British camp. That Gurkha was removed from the service for a very good reason, he committed a war crime.

Mutilating dead bodies is not bravery but a jahilia practice. I am very well aware of the Taliban getting tortured to death by Pak army guys, it put question mark on their professionalism. Taliban are 'bad guys' because they do gruesome things , but if Pak army guys have also the same level of blood lust or even more (for Taliban dont torture their prisoners to death but do quick beheading), then they are also are not exactly good guys. In the end ,the actions of both will be judged by Allah on the judgement day , and only he knows whether actions of Pak army soldiers like those of NLI are in the accordance with Islam or not.

I am not convinced that they can 'terrify' their enemies, they are small with 'cute' and innocent faces. I think due to the terrain, they have high stamina and endurance, and its their fierce loyalty which has always impressed their masters. They are the best 'mercenaries' in the world.
I think their is a problem with the forum, I never wrote that post, though I agree with your post as the gurkhas looking relatively tame, now compare these with some of the TTP with their huge manly beards and hawklike noses compared with the baby like noses of gurkha.kudos

Last edited:
I think their is a problem with the forum, I never wrote that post, though I agree with your post as the gurkhas looking relatively tame, now compare these with some of the TTP with their huge many beards and hawklike noses compared with the baby like noses of gurkha.kudos
There is indeed some malfunction, you got quoted instead of Jamahir.

British used Gurkha soldiers in the Waziristan, thinking that they will perform extraordinary in the hilly terrain, but their performance and casualties were same as regular soldiers. I think in courage , Wazirs and Mehsuds were on the whole other level in British period. They used to attack British encampments and would try to get into close hand-to-hand combat , to kill their enemies with daggers and swords (they were lacking in sufficient firearms before 1916). They are the only tribe who were able to inflict a full defeat on British (known as "retreat" from Waziristan, 1919). ll-equipped and un-trained Wazirs and Mehsuds killed more than 2500 British Indian soldiers in that conflict, and most of the casualties were of Gurkhas (British have reported that Gurkhas did not hesitate in engaging the enemies in close combat with their own daggers, perhaps thats why the greater casualties). Later we heard about Gurkhas in Faqir of Ipi's uprising of 1937, that this and that many Gurkha soldiers got killed by the wazirs

Last edited:
There is indeed some malfunction, you got quoted instead of Jamahir.

British used Gurkha soldiers in the Waziristan, thinking that they will perform extraordinary in the hilly terrain, but their performance and casualties were same as regular soldiers. I think in courage , Wazirs and Mehsuds were on the whole other level in British period. They used to attack British encampments and would try to get into close hand-to-hand combat , to kill their enemies with daggers and swords (they were lacking in firearms before 1916). They are the only tribe who were able to inflict a full defeat on British (known as "retreat" from Waziristan, 1919). ll-equipped and un-trained Wazirs and Mehsuds killed more than 2500 British Indian soldiers in that conflict, and most of the casualties were of Gurkhas (British have reported that Gurkhas did not hesitate in engaging the enemies in close combat with their own daggers, perhaps thats why the greater casualties). Later we heard about Gurkhas in Faqir of Ipi's uprising of 1937, that this and that many Gurkha soldiers got killed by the wazirs
I am not surprises that gurkhas lost in hand to hand combat with pashtuns, one simply has to look at their short stocky frames with short limbs, short arms etc, pashtuns tend to be of caucasian height with longer wiry limbs than gurkhas who must have got outranged in sword/knife fights by the longer armed pashtuns. I boxed for many years , it was always hard to outbox or beat to the punch a taller opponent.

In his story , he found a sleeping Taliban in a tent and beheaded him. Most likely he beheaded an innocent Afghan shepherd , they all have beards. Taliban fighters just dont sleep on the ground in open in the vicinity of British camp. That Gurkha was removed from the service for a very good reason, he committed a war crime.
He was returned to the active duty later.

No professional army endorse willfull beheading,though i am not sure if it was intentional.

It's just the training and curve of the Blade (Khukri)

images (201).jpg

images.jpg

they are good but not best in the world :lol:

they are overly glorified by British man.

they never created Empires or dynasties.

Shiks, and Haryanvi jatts are more vicious and Deadly Fighters.

One jatt = one hundred Gurkhas
True but 1 Haryanvi Jaat = 1,000 Gurkhas man. :lol:

they are good but not best in the world :lol:

they are overly glorified by British man.

they never created Empires or dynasties.

Shiks, and Haryanvi jatts are more vicious and Deadly Fighters.

True but 1 Haryanvi Jaat = 1,000 Gurkhas man. :lol:
I was referring to the ones on my side of the border.

Pathetic. A nation of over a billion having to team up with Bangladesh to gloat about one conflict in which they didn't suffer complete and utter humiliation. :lol:

Where does that bravado go when you had to face an equal force like the Chinese in 62'?

A Pakistani in itself is a force multiplier and an Indian is just known as a cowardly street dog that teams up with other streets dogs to scrounge for whatever little it can.

And then you bhartis want to come post pictures of your decrepit good for nothing generals.

The absolute fucking cheek.

stop badmouthing our Heros and people because you lost a war, blame your own politicians for Creating only 2 nations in sdtand of 3.

we lost 11000 Solders and you lost 20,000 solders because of your politicians who wanted to merge Bangistan with Pakistan.

I was referring to the ones on my side of the border.
we have them in our side too :D

I agree Gurkha's are good fighters. However when these warriors from Nepal are placed under British officers like General Dwyer then the result is lethal and deadly. The Indian's found out this in 1919 when 379 of them were filled with Gurkha lead. More Indian's would have died if they had tasted the famous Gurkha's Kukri but British temperance prevented the Kukri to slice through the Indian mob.

The hill men from Nepal have proved to be loyal fighters for the British crown for over 200 years. From killing unruly Indian's, to fighting the Japanese or to fighting the Argentinians they have always prevailed. They have without doubt never wavered from their duty to the crown.

Who are they. Well they are recruited Gurungs and Magars from central Nepal, the Rais and Limbus from the east, who live in villages of impoverished hill farmers and resemble Mongol Tibetans in appearance.

They keep to their Nepalese customs and beliefs, and the brigade follows religious festivals such as Dashain, in which - in Nepal, not the UK - goats and buffaloes are sacrificed.
no we have our own Gurkas In India. in fact they are protesting for their own state "Gorkhaland" here.
Gorkhaland_map.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorkhaland

Back
Top Bottom