What's new

10 Stories That Prove Gurkhas Are the Fiercest Fighters on the Planet

The first thing what kargil POW captuted by 1/11 GR wants to see the Gurkha Khukhri and to meet the CO Lalit Rai who captured his post and repulsed a counterattack and captured shit load of weapons including Stinger Missiles and equipment for NBC warfare.

His video is on YouTube in which he is saying in "woh Gurkha waley a Gaye hain Peche sey humaare post pey" :lol:

Col Lalit Rai - victor of Point 4268 and Jubar during kargil war.

View attachment 303041

View attachment 303042
you must've heard about this

you must've heard about this
Also a famous incident in Afghanistan - In a hand to "hand combat" a Gurkha beheaded a Taliban and took his head to his CO to verify the identity of the Taliban commander.

He was removed from the service but later reinstated.

Khukri Strike at neck is the integral part of their training since World Wars to this day in Indian Army.

17141958528_c4c7ca4379_b.jpg

Gurkha beheaded a Taliban and took his head to his CO
I agree Gurkha's are good fighters. However when these warriors from Nepal are placed under British officers like General Dwyer then the result is lethal and deadly. The Indian's found out this in 1919 when 379 of them were filled with Gurkha lead. More Indian's would have died if they had tasted the famous Gurkha's Kukri but British temperance prevented the Kukri to slice through the Indian mob.

The hill men from Nepal have proved to be loyal fighters for the British crown for over 200 years. From killing unruly Indian's, to fighting the Japanese or to fighting the Argentinians they have always prevailed. They have without doubt never wavered from their duty to the crown.

Who are they. Well they are recruited Gurungs and Magars from central Nepal, the Rais and Limbus from the east, who live in villages of impoverished hill farmers and resemble Mongol Tibetans in appearance.

They keep to their Nepalese customs and beliefs, and the brigade follows religious festivals such as Dashain, in which - in Nepal, not the UK - goats and buffaloes are sacrificed.

Link > http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-10782099

gurkha_army.jpg

big.JPG

many kukris slept thirsty that night.
Yeh. They certainly were not thirsty after the Gurkhas had their way with the Indian crowd at Jallianwala Bagh.

@PAKISTANFOREVER

Last edited:
I agree Gurkha's are good fighters. However when these warriors from Nepal are placed under British officers like General Dwyer then the result is lethal and deadly. The Indian's found out this in 1919 when 379 of them were filled with Gurkha lead. More Indian's would have died if they had tasted the famous Gurkha's Kukri but British temperance prevented the Kukri to slice through the Indian mob.
lethal and deadly by firing at hundreds of unarmed civilians protesting against british imperialist.
calling them mob shows how deep in anti-indian filth you are that you are willing to forget the sacrifice these people made for freedom of my and YOUR ancestors.
you ungrateful..(add anything u like)

lethal and deadly by firing at hundreds
They made no, I repeat no contribution to my ancestors freedom. My ancestors taught the British and many others before some very good lessons.

Hey did I hit something sore there? You know the "thirsty Kukri" and all that. Son don't start something that you can't finish. Or you might end up with a Kukri up your posterior.

you ungrateful..(add anything u like)
Yeh. Dad.

They made no, I repeat no contribution to my ancestors freedom. My ancestors taught the British and many others before some very good lessons.

Hey did I hit something sore there? You know the "thirsty Kukri" and all that. Son don't start something that you can't finish. Or you might end up with a Kukri up your posterior.
oh..ok.you are one of the people who believe you had no connection with india and were treated like high-class citizen by british ruler.in all of your post,you sound like you are actually sad that british left.

17141958528_c4c7ca4379_b.jpg

The hill men from Nepal have proved to be loyal fighters for the British crown for over 200 years. From killing unruly Indian's, to fighting the Japanese or to fighting the Argentinians they have always prevailed. They have without doubt never wavered from their duty to the crown.

Who are they. Well they are recruited Gurungs and Magars from central Nepal, the Rais and Limbus from the east, who live in villages of impoverished hill farmers and resemble Mongol Tibetans in appearance.

They keep to their Nepalese customs and beliefs, and the brigade follows religious festivals such as Dashain, in which - in Nepal, not the UK - goats and buffaloes are sacrificed.

Link > http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-10782099

gurkha_army.jpg

big.JPG

Yeh. They certainly were not thirsty after the Gurkhas had their way with the Indian crowd at Jallianwala Bagh.

@PAKISTANFOREVER

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorakshanath

Even the name Gurkha is derieved from Gorakshanath from present day India. And none of this related to the thread.The point is they are integral part of Indian army and country like Punjabis,Dogras/Rajputs/ SIkhs, South Indians , Nagas etc.

Gurkha Tirah expedition against Pashtun tribes.

http://www.britishempire.co.uk/forces/armycampaigns/indiancampaigns/tirah.htm

Soon they will have their separate state.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Gorkha

Gorkhaland

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorkhaland

Hard to deny these are some tough dudes.

09-08-10-gurkha-patrol-5d-044.jpg

TFH-4-Mech-Bde-.jpg

But the title seems hyperbolic to me. I'd still take US Marines over the Brigade of Gurkhas any day.

1920x1200_united-states-marine-corps-soldat-oruzhie.jpg

Having seen the Marines up close:

AA_USMC_AAV_7.jpg

PKM_USMC-5374.jpg

It's hard not to be impressed by the balls on these boys.

I dunno, I respect the Gurkhas and have heard glowing reviews of them by the British Army, but the world's most fierce? Seems hard to quanity.

Back
Top Bottom