What's new

10 Mi-28NE ‘Night Hunter’ attack helicopters to Iraq

Thanks.

Though I hope that there is no need for its action and peace prevails, you're most welcome to see it in joint wargames. :cheers:

Well, I heard it is still under testing right? When do you think it will enter the service?

You mean the HAL LCH & Rudra right? :undecided: are those in service yet? What about the Tejas?

LCH is the attack chopper.
Rudra is just a weaponized utility chopper meant for some infantry support.

Both are progressing just fine. Both are past the Prototype stage, series production should commence in a year or two.

LCA/Tejas alas is a story altogether different. Only God knows when LCA will be in service.

One more question please.
Is Tejas a fighter jet or an advanced trainer?
LCH is the attack chopper.
Rudra is just a weaponized utility chopper meant for some infantry support.

Both are progressing just fine. Both are past the Prototype stage, series production should commence in a year or two.

LCA/Tejas alas is a story altogether different. Only God knows when LCA will be in service.

One more question please.
Is Tejas a fighter jet or an advanced trainer?

It is a fighter jet.
IAF also considered making LCA as a LIFT(Lead In Fighter Trainer) for other weapons platforms. LIFT version would have been a stripped version of LCA.

As things stand, no one accurately knows when LCA would be in service despite the many projections.

LCH and Rudra however are on time, on schedule with the desired capability.

Cool. Even though I'm not an expert regarding India's military machine developments, but I would assume that the quality of the equipments that are being developed locally are fair, right?
It is a fighter jet.
IAF also considered making LCA as a LIFT(Lead In Fighter Trainer) for other weapons platforms. LIFT version would have been a stripped version of LCA.

As things stand, no one accurately knows when LCA would be in service despite the many projections.

LCH and Rudra however are on time, on schedule with the desired capability.

Cool. Even though I'm not an expert regarding India's military machine developments, but I would assume that the quality of the equipments that are being developed locally are fair, right?

Yes.
Any machine that is made in India and accepted in service by the Armed Forces has good quality.
I mention Armed Forces specifically because they reject the local equipments if they dont meet the required standards.

Yes.
Any machine that is made in India and accepted in service by the Armed Forces has good quality.
I mention Armed Forces specifically because they reject the local equipments if they dont meet the required standards.

I thought so. As long as they stick to the good-quality principle, I can predict a brighter future for India's local military development.

They've got 21 Tigers, but no longer buying more as it miserably faild.

They'll have 57,the cut doesn't have anything with quality but with budget defence cuts,pls stop spreading some idiotical rumours that some wannabe "defence all knowing bloggers" put out there.The Tiger is an efficient machine.

So why are you reffering IRAQ to buy. I would refer them to buy Mi-17V5, Kamov Ka-60 and AS560 Fennec for Army, Navy and for Air Force in good numbers.

I was hoping the Tiger issue could be resolved soon but you may need to check out the links below bro.

They'll have 57,the cut doesn't have anything with quality but with budget defence cuts,pls stop spreading some idiotical rumours that some wannabe "defence all knowing bloggers" put out there.The Tiger is an efficient machine.

:no:

Dutch Tiger

And I quote
The Germans arent happy with the eurocopter tiger.
The German army ordered 80 "Tigers." The prototypes delighted crowds at air shows from 1991 onwards. But the German army hasn't received a single Tiger helicopter that is capable of reliably hitting targets with its rockets and cannon. The 10 "Tigers" it currently has are only suitable to provide basic instruction for pilots. More have been built but they haven't been accepted—mechanics recently complained about chafed cables.

Source

First check out the links provided by @Yzd Khalifa,then decide if they are bloggers.
Official statements are never rumours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom