What's new

10 Mi-28NE ‘Night Hunter’ attack helicopters to Iraq

Well, If that's so then cool. I heard that the F-16s will be delivered to you guys soon, right?
They are not getting all of the equipment in one year. The Iraqi personnel still need to complete training and prepare proper facilities for the new equipment.

The Apaches are a request, they still need a primary acceptance before being sent to the American congress. They will only be sold to Iraq after the congress approves. But the problem is that the request is being delayed. Even if the US approves the sale this year, training and logistics may take at least one or two years to complete. The news about Apache being delivered to Iraq this year is just empty speech.

If you want quality weapons - buy German. If you want cheap - buy Chinese. If you are preparing for war - buy Russian.

That is exactly what we told our government.

Sadly, the puppet PM ignored and went ahead for politics rather than choosing this beast.

Iraq is supposed to receive 10 MI 28 and 6 lease Apaches next month.

Why would Iraq want to have both the platforms?

It will balloon your infrastructure, logistics, maintenance and spares costs through the roof!

But one thing no one can deny that MI-28 is killer look compare to other attack helicopters.

Yeah. Russians know how to make gunships look bad@***..

If I were an enemy facing this thing coming towards me, I'd shyt bricks and run in the opposite direction. :D

Well, If that's so then cool. I heard that the F-16s will be delivered to you guys soon, right?

The F-16 order is under way and set for next year. The f-16s don't help much with the fight against terrorism anyway. There needs to be gunships and a strong intelligence.

The F-16 order is under way and set for next year. The f-16s don't help much with the fight against terrorism anyway. There needs to be gunships and a strong intelligence.

Hopefully, Iraq will do a better job. Iraq's Al-Qaida sectarian violence is making me mad.

Iraq's economy is growing very fast (average 10% gdp growth), after 10 years will be another middle east big economy :)

Yeah. Russians know how to make gunships look bad@***..

If I were an enemy facing this thing coming towards me, I'd shyt bricks and run in the opposite direction. :D

Well, Russian wants to terrorize their opponents without firing single shot :D

The US makes hyper offensive arms, but they are expensive. I was stunned when I saw that India chose the Apache over Russian-made Helicopters.

Good luck these Apaches are unique man!

Yeah. Quite a lot of people were surprised when Russia lost the tender.
And though I dont agree, but the Govt will buy 3 squadrons more of Apache's.

Fortunately these Apache's will be backed by home made attack choppers!

Pakistan is also interested in this attack helo
i wish russia offer us

Yeah. Quite a lot of people were surprised when Russia lost the tender.
And though I dont agree, but the Govt will buy 3 squadrons more of Apache's.

Fortunately these Apache's will be backed by home made attack choppers!

You mean the HAL LCH & Rudra right? :undecided: are those in service yet? What about the Tejas?

Iraq's economy is growing very fast (average 10% gdp growth), after 10 years will be another middle east big economy :)

The growth rate is still going up and is stabile, once security comes the large highly educated Iraqi diaspora could return whom will largely improve the economy, industry and knowledge in all fields.

Why would Iraq want to have both the platforms?

It will balloon your infrastructure, logistics, maintenance and spares costs through the roof!

US refused the Apache, after Iraq visited Russia for MI 28 the US suddenly wanted to sell Iraq Apaches though them being 3 times the price of 1 MI 28, going for both is good to make sure they will not depend on 1 source. Maybe it will be a logistics problem, but it has benefits aswell.

You mean the HAL LCH & Rudra right? :undecided: are those in service yet?Both are

What about the Tejas?

LCH and Rudra are well on track compared to Tejas which has been delayed a lot due to shortcomings in proper planning. This is because both LCH and Rudra are based on an already developed platform i.e. Dhruv helicopter which is why it won't take much time.

Our Army and air force have a combined order of 180 LCHs and 60+ Rudras.

Well said.

Supersonic fighter jets are good for full-blown wars while your commandos will need close air support at slower speeds and in tighter corners of urban environment.

Only a gunship can provide that flexibility.

LCH and Rudra are well on track compared to Tejas which has been delayed a lot due to shortcomings in proper planning. This is because both LCH and Rudra are based on an already developed platform i.e. Dhruv helicopter which is why it won't take much time.

Our Army and air force have a combined order of 180 LCHs and 60+ Rudras.

Looking forward to seeing the Tejas in action...

Back
Top Bottom