What's new

10 Foods to Try Before You Die

Jalebi

recipe-desserts-jalebi.jpg

How come this food not appear here till now?

hoot.jpg

I mean hooters wings and curly fries. :lol:

Food thread, I love food threads :)

I think we can't get healthy results because people's favourites is based on their region and what they used to eat normally, thats why lists generally based on Pakistani and ındian cuisines here, for me, most of the list would be made from Turkish cuisine.

Although I don't have decieve favourites so I'll just post some random Turkish food I like

Cızbız Köfte, the most basic and common form of Köfte, I know tens of Köfte variants, there is supposed to be hundreds.
koftewp4.jpg

Musakka, name and ingredients are same with Greek Mousakka although cooked in different methods, may not look that good but its orgasmic, one of the my favourites.
patl%C4%B1can+musakka.JPG

Gözleme, one of the my favourite pastries for breakfast, other name is Sac Böreği, there is tens may be hundreds of Börek variants have related cooking methods and ingredients.
gozleme-tarifi1-3683.jpg

Mantı, always in the favourite list, there is also Hınkal, Caucasian dumplings in Turkey but its related to Circassians in Turkey
manti.jpg

Pide, a common snack, have many variants again
kiymali-pide.jpg

İskender kebab, Döner is the cheapest fast food in Turkey, buts that variant of it can be called more classy
iskender_kebap.jpg

Baklava, its have different variants with different shapes and ingredients, my favourite is pistachio one.
baklava.jpg

Turkish ice cream is also good but I couldn't put pic of it here(limit)

Also these Keema and Sheekh words I saw on some Pakistani foods are Turkic words I guess ? Kıyma and Şiş for us.

10 points!

Just a correction in pronunciation for the non-Punjabis, its Makai ki roti.

"Makke di roti, thoba saagay da, hor ki khana ay, sir babay da?"

Something I heard as a kid.

Didn't you just make a typo there by writing the word 'sir' instead of some other word? Last time I checked 'S' was not the 12th letter of the English alphabet.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Spartacus yes as I guessed Keema is Turkic, its coming from "Kıy" core which means "to mince" in Turkic.

Btw here is a Turkish style of liver from Edirne region, its cooked with flour, its also delicious do not prejudice because of look :P
edirne_kirkpinar_ciger.jpg

Here is the Kıyma Kavurma, thats too simple and basic thats why people generally don't consider it as a real dish but something we cook when there is nothing else.
sal%C3%A7al%C4%B1-k%C4%B1yma-kavurma.jpg

Spartacus yes as I guessed Keema is Turkic, its coming from "Kıy" core which means "to mince" in Turkic.

Its a South Asian cuisine as well being love in India & Pakistan. In Mumbai, its famously eaten along Pao (Indian Bun) and in Delhi being enjoyed along Naan or roti.

Paubhajiindia.jpg

agamdilawari

Yes I read it I was talking about its etymology :) a very good loking dish.

Also we have minced meat too which is we use in many different dishes or just in its basic form as I shared in my upper post

I loved the spoon or whatever it is. :D

The spoon is there so you put that white goo (goat/cow cheese called kajmak-Turkish members should be familiar with it) under the hot meat so it melts. The taste afterwards is :chilli:

@ all: good looking dishes. Makes me wanna travel more. :P

Best place to arrest Indian spies is gol gappa shops in Lahore :D

Ah Kaymak, Kaymak of my hometown is famous, Kaymaklı Ekmek Kadayıfı, a sweet with Kaymak is also famous in my hometown :)
S8002892.jpg

Back
Top Bottom