What's new

10 Best Intelligence Agencies in the World

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think ISI is so awesome. It is just doing the best it can with whatever resources it's got and manages to keep Pakistan above the water. If indeed it is the best, why is Pakistan in such a mess and has been for such a long time? Of all the ten countries mentioned, Pakistan is in the worst position with regards to security, law, order, diplomacy, reputation, finances, economy, development, ...

Very genuinely and practically put. ISI is a dedicated agency for Pakistan and is good with whatever resources it has. However, this rating goes a bit overboard by putting FSB (including KGB), Mossad and CIA in such distant positions.

Mossad has been the fiercest intelligence agency the world has seen. No one tops them in terms of sabotage operations, covert spying, information gathering, assassinations and espionage. Even CIA with its immense resources has not had as many successes as Mossad has.

It'd be more realistic if we put Mossad, CIA and FSB in 1st,2nd and 3rd positions respectively.

Heh I too think any sort of list is useless but since I have low post count I'll give my 2 cents ;).

First I think there is a very big difference between intelligence gathering organizations and somewhat paramilitary organizations. If only because if you are like FSB and have a paramilitary unit, you are more visible in the public eye. So I think it is very difficult to compare CIA with say the ISI since the former is mostly linguists and data analysts and the latter has military ranks.

Second the list leaves out major intelligence agencies that aren't as visible but have had significant success. CSIS has thwarted at least three major attacks and the Chinese intelligence network is incredibly good at industrial espionage and recruiting to the point there are thousands of Chinese spies in Canada and potentially in every Western country in the world. Not hundreds as stated, but thousands of spies.. South Africa, Saudi, Jordanian and other intelligence are also unmentioned underdogs.

Finally (and perhaps what ruins the list) what are seen as advantages would be considered by some to be disadvantages or corruption. For example "A state in a state" is a terrifying prospect, with your spy force accountable to no one. Being the least funded intelligence agency could also be a detriment, since much of human intelligence requires bribes. You also list major intelligence failures of most other organizations on the list, but do not list major scandals of the ISI like the Mehran Bank Scandal. Giving credit to the ISI for no nuclear weapons proliferation is also pointless, since all other intelligence agencies haven't let nuclear weapons fall into the hands of terrorists (yet).

So the list is very funny, and I hope it isn't serious :P

I don't think ISI is so awesome. It is just doing the best it can with whatever resources it's got and manages to keep Pakistan above the water. If indeed it is the best, why is Pakistan in such a mess and has been for such a long time? Of all the ten countries mentioned, Pakistan is in the worst position with regards to security, law, order, diplomacy, reputation, finances, economy, development, ... :disagree:

I am sorry but I have to disagree with you totally!!!! You are judging ISI from current state of Pakistan but the thing you have forgotten is that ISI is countering Mosad, RAW, CIA, RAMA and FSB at the same time...!! Even after such large scale intelligence agency war, we are at far better position from the position we would have been had the ISI was similar to RAW.
All of these agencies, which I mentioned except RAW, are world giants and only super giant can counter these giants at once which ISI is doing effectively. Even KGB, from which whole world use to fear was ripped apart by ISI.

GOD Bless ISI. :pakistan:

hello guys..
my question is very simple how many of us are working for ISI...........
this thread will become an another ISI bashing..

Few comments from people all around the world ::::

i think so ISI of pakistan……..dont know is this true or not but my uncle who is working in FBI is saying that whole afghan policy and war plans of CIA are under ISI’s commands.
Rowdy
August 1, 2010 at 4:46 am

ISI for sure, No double agents, No agent ever caught on camera, the lowest budget but still affective. In war with 6 big Intelligence agencies of the world. ISI has even countered MOSSAD in 80s and late 90s when there was a plan of a possible strike on Pakistan’s Nukes.
Gren
August 1, 2010 at 4:43 am

It has to be the ISI… it broke down the Soviet Union (which also led to the reunification of Germany; the German Intelligence Chief gave a piece of the Berlin Wall to the Pakistani Intel Chief with a plaque under it saying, ‘ to the one who struck the first blow’), have protected and developed the country’s nuclear assets against all odds, have defeated Al Qaeda/Taliban especially these days with the capture of Baradar etc by the ISI, have deep ingress into India. No other agency matches it in efficiency, precision, discipline and professionalism.
johnsmith12
August 1, 2010 at 4:57 am

Why should they kill Osama???? They have more use of it. Its a tool in the hand of CIA.

They are the best intelligence agency in the world. They bring benefit for the US govt and people.

hmm so you believed in conspiracy theory of USA and zionists..

hello guys..
my question is very simple how many of us are working for ISI...........
this thread will become an another ISI bashing..

Who is bashing ISI? I love ISI. Whole world appreciates it for its professionalism.

If few jealoused Indians are jumping around in this thread than their is nothing unusual. I have to say only one thing to them:

The envious die not once, but as oft as the envied win applause. ~Baltasar Gracian

Let them die! We should enjoy our applause.

:cheers:

Last edited:
I don't think ISI is so awesome. It is just doing the best it can with whatever resources it's got and manages to keep Pakistan above the water. If indeed it is the best, why is Pakistan in such a mess and has been for such a long time? Of all the ten countries mentioned, Pakistan is in the worst position with regards to security, law, order, diplomacy, reputation, finances, economy, development, ... :disagree:

bro...when u gotta rise for the position of super power then u gotta face the worst time before that...and Alhamdolillah we r passing through that stage
:pakistan::pdf:

...ISI is countering Mosad, RAW, CIA, RAMA and FSB at the same time...!!

khurasaan1 said:
...when u gotta rise for the position of super power then u gotta face the worst time before that...

All these agencies all at once??? :eek::eek::eek:

Isn't that supposed to be a conspiracy theory around here? :confused:

Guys, u ve to agree...no 1 is MOSSAD and at the botton if u can see and can read its a RAW!!

Website is run by a Pakistani. He will put ISI at No. 1 based almost solely on his patriotism.

Are we to start discussing lists prepared by two-bit bloggers who rank "cool laptops", "futuristic bikes", "best tattoos", etc?

Regardless of your individual opinion, post something better next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom