What's new

$1.6bn vanishes from Social Islami Bank through rogue LCs

I think the solver lining here is that BD's central bank will end up more tightly regulating these banks and there will be less corruption from politically connected people in these companies and banks that have allowed this to happen.
Hasina at the top will also have realised that more of this cannot be allowed to happen as otherwise it will wreck the BD economy.

BAL knows that it is finished if it cannot deliver ever increasing prosperity to the people of BD and so we shall see a less corrupt and more tightly regulated banking industry as the decade progresses.

I think BAL has probably stolen around 5 billion directly. And another 5 billion in dodgy loans - only about 50% of that is probably secured loan.

It’s their fee for managing an unruly population - easily manipulated and triggered by Hinduvta and Wahhabis.

Mujib, Zia (both Mr and his Whore) and Ershad completely failed to tame the country.

Hasina has managed to pull the country in a higher trajectory - where Kissinger to BBC had written the country off as a basket case.

Churchill is regarded as Britain’s greatest prime minister despite his grotesque acts - because he pulled the country together during WWII.

Hasina will be regarded as Bangladesh’s greatest PM despite her thievery. She has personally taken about 500 million 🤣🤣

All great political leaders are tainted.

Hasina is no different.

We Sylhetis love our saints but we never worship them 🤣🤣🤣
There is no reason think that big evil money in BD can be moved without a jjp
BAL knows that it is finished if it cannot deliver ever increasing prosperity to the people of BD and so we shall see a less corrupt and more tightly regulated banking industry as the decade progresses.
Where do you find prosperity? A few civil engineering projects by using foreign money and foreign contractors is not a recipe of development.

Tell me how many millions of people have been forced to go abroad to work. Why the govt could not encourage private companies to build factories that can be called development.

People would have been inside the country participating in economic activities instead of going abroad where the locals call us MISKIN.

There is no reason think that big evil money in BD can be moved without a jjp

Where do you find prosperity? A few civil engineering projects by using foreign money and foreign contractors is not a recipe of development.

Tell me how many millions of people have been forced to go abroad to work. Why the govt could not encourage private companies to build factories that can be called development.

People would have been inside the country participating in economic activities instead of going abroad where the locals call us MISKIN.

Loans is what the rich use to get richer.

Bangladeshi NGOs showed loans can also help poor get richer.

From U.K. to Japan - all have borrowed massively to build infra.

Bangladesh is doing the same.

Only in BD people buy land/homes with cash.

In the west, you get a 80% loan and pay over 20-30 years.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom