What's new

Featured Zaheer Ahmad Babar appointed new Chief of Pakistan Air Force

Hi,

Colonel Sharon was also not the final decision maker---but when he got the chance in the 1973 war---once he smashed thru the opponents forces---he did not stop even though the high command was screaming at him.

He tore apart the enemy assets and the enemy was a begging to stop his incursion---.

Hasseb Paracha had the same opportunity---this time the enemy was presented to him on a platter---.

The thing is that THE PAF HAS BECOME A SORT OF SHOW PONY---like a CIRCUS LION.

They go out and perform great at all these excercises and strut around---but when the time came to pull the trigger or push the button---the truth came out.

The Air Command had no guts to take the challenge---. Lack of courage prevailed in the command center.
The trigger was pulled? Unless you are referring to something else. Honestly PAF did good i mean indeed Balakot was an incident where PAF got outplayed however they seemed to have redeemed themselves in the subsequent operation. I'd rather we not go all guns blazing like a madman because that would result in an unwinnable war, thankfully such hotheads are not at the helm (I hope).
You overdoze everytime you talk.

And no. You dont know Haseeb Paracha at all.
What is your perspective on all of this regarding the Indian Operation, the Pakistani one and the other events that unfolded during the entire episode, just asking to try and a build a better picture of it all.

You overdoze everytime you talk.

And no. You dont know Haseeb Paracha at all. You have couple of contacts in squadrons and you spend 18 hours a day scraping instagram and facebook for pictures related to PAF. This is your entire qualification on PDF.
Very unbecoming of you. Leave the personal stuff out of your posts kindly.

@airomerix @Windjammer I have huge respect for both of you. I have learned a lot from both of you and it really hurts me when you two point fingers at one another. Please avoid pointing fingers at one another and try to just present your own idea not agreeing with one another and please don't get personal. I request this from you guys.
@MastanKhan Sir I really like your unique way of thinking and I request all other members to just respectfully present your arguments in reply to Sir @MastanKhan arguments. He is a senior citizen and we should be respectful in reply to his arguments. Thanks, everybody

Alot of information flowing around. Alot of new revelations. What happened on 26th, almost everybody (civilians) used to think that we couldn't do anything due to our limitations. Now we have another angle as to why it happened.
Then another side to the story is if our PM and COAS couldn't muster enough courage. Maybe we will never know the exact details. But one thing which is clearly visible is that Bajwa is past his expiry date. It's not rocket science that with age your ability to take big bold decisions reduce. Biggest blunder by IK to give extension only to save his skin.
Easy to criticize PM and COAS or may be they know we can't overtake kashmir militarily in a war ..as proved in 65 and 71.we can't just have a flag in Delhi..just able to defend ourselves after imposing war and causing losses is not victory...may be we overestimate our ablities lot of time and get disappointed when reality check happens ..we are defending ourselves not otherwise

The conversation, pats on shoulder, and warmth shown by Sir Mujahid Anwar Khan has brought tears to my eyes. I have replayed this part over and over again.

Thank you for your service!
We will always love you Sir!

Pakistan Zindabad! Pakistan Paiyndabad!

View attachment 726063

at 23:46 he said "airforce hey tu hum hein..."

When it comes to popular public opinion, Haseeb Paracha was the obvious choice as he was the poster boy for Op. Swift Retort, this is not how forces work.

@Windjammer you obviously have a personal link to HP Sb so your opinion is biased, he might not have been the final decision maker during Swift Retort but there are times when you need to decide why you wore the uniform and not worry about your own career just like one of the pilots did. He perceived an immediate threat to one of his colleagues and didn't wait for authorization, I am sure he has damaged his career path and had his picture not appeared on every news channel within one hour of the incident I am sure he would have suffered retribution.

And you habitually are considering your self as Mr know all.
Some one who posts three year old pictures with claims it's fresh out of overhaul does need to act like a smart Alec to prove his worth.
Let me burst your self loathing bubble once again, Haseeb Paracha was a welcome guest in my house when he was in UK for a JSCC in 2005.....so stop wasting your self on judging others.
I remember he was there and around the same time there was a PAF pilot with CFS Cranwell on Tucanos. He had attended King's College at the time with some of my dad's students from UAEAF. They called it a dream posting.

In summary, the new air chief has been selected for reasons best known to the higher commands.

Popular belief opinions, stardom and TV appearances enhances the glamour image of the individual, and I clearly remember that in Haseeb Paracha's interview he had mentioned that. Ran into him years ago randomly at a gas station in Peshawar, just a normal guy doing a demanding & challenging job.

Last edited:
We have debated more about HP than the current ACM. It seems he is very able but quiet and the retiring ACM placed great faith in his/abilities. Would you like to comment. HP was the junior most of the 4 so no surprises since they are all capable.
A
Great Point made there, this debate will eventually die in a couple of weeks and then we will start over again in March 2024, till then Bye for now.

March 22, 2021

acm zaheer is being honoured with nishan e imtiaz miltary at aiwan e sadr in islamabad photo pid

ACM Zaheer is being honoured with Nishan-e-Imtiaz (Miltary) at Aiwan-e-Sadr in Islamabad. PHOTO: PID

ISLAMABAD: President Dr Arif Alvi conferred Nishan-e-Imtiaz (Military) upon Chief of Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal Zaheer Ahmad Babar Sidhu at a special investiture ceremony held in Islamabad on Monday.

Back
Top Bottom