What's new

Featured Zaheer Ahmad Babar appointed new Chief of Pakistan Air Force

Sir jee yours is a very strong point on it's own merit and in a perfect world should have been executed accordingly as PAF might not get a chance like this ever again.
But
At the time our economy was so weak that we almost defaulted and as u know wars are faught on the back of at the very least stable economy, just like armies dont March on empty stomach.

Let's say PAF had shot down 9 indian ac.....modi would have been left with no option to but to go to war as he ocastrated this whole drama just to win the election..but considering our economic state back then we would have not lasted 2 days.

So sir jee wt it all boils down to is that we wanted to send a very strong msg, which we did without going to war.

Hi,

Fruit does not grow on the trunk of a tree but on rather frail branches---.

Among the 4, 3 will retire on the same date:

1: Air Marshal Nauman Ali ( 3 July 2022 )
2: Air Marshal Zaheer Ahmed Babar ( 3 July 2022 )
3: Air Marshal Javad Saeed ( 3 July 2022 )

But only
4: Air Marshal Haseeb Paracha will retire on 9 September 2022.
Depending on their PAF service #, if any on the list are senior to ACM Babar, upon his appointment, they will retire and not serve till the dates you have above. This is a long tradition in the armed forces for the senior of the course-mates to take up retirement.

One thing that nobody has asked so far is, as the new ACM is mirage guy, will he still lead the flypast on 23rd in an F-16? Has he ever flown an F-16?

Rao Qamar Suleman was a Mirage pilot. It matters little in my opinion if people have flown the F-16. Sometimes you just happen to be in a stream that does not take you to the F-16. As an example the new chief and perhaps even the next one are/will not be JF-17 pilots so why does that matter?

Specifically no.....there was no lack of planning....planning for all contingencies was and is already there.....there was no lack of decision either....since a decision was taken and the intruding IAF jets managed to get away....you just need to identify who took that decision...and such decisions have to be taken in real time so ofcourse PM was not sitting in PAF Tac Command Post or AOC .....Post Pulwama, PM had very clearly ordered to all services chiefs that any Indian intrusion (land, sea or air) must be repulsed there and then....
Both countries have blindspots in peace time unless you are flying round the clock AEW/OTH early warning sorties which are extremely cost prohibitive for both and are never the norm unless there are open hostilities going on.

We can even put more mobile CRCs on the ground on the the direction of the Operations branch's directives but the other side knows of the gaps as well just as we do about theirs. As such intruding jets getting away is not only something that happened in the past but will also happen in the future possibly because the deterrence in place is not the one which ensures we are able to shoot the intruding aircraft down, rather the ability to hit back in equal or greater quantum is what deters both sides. The former case of deterrence is not possible on account of limitations with resources.

Even during full scale wars in 1965 and 1971, when all of our assets have been at full alert, the other side was able to carry out missions and vice versa.

I am sure things could have been done better and you are on to something, but the nature of air warfare is also quite challenging for anyone to guarantee all ingressing threats would be catered to. If this is what we expect then we are setting ourselves for a let-down.

Rao Qamar Suleman was a Mirage pilot. It matters little in my opinion if people have flown the F-16. Sometimes you just happen to be in a stream that does not take you to the F-16. As an example the new chief and perhaps even the next one are/will not be JF-17 pilots so why does that matter?
ACM kaleem sadat was Mirage pilot too

Depending on their PAF service #, if any on the list are senior to ACM Babar, upon his appointment, they will retire and not serve till the dates you have above. This is a long tradition in the armed forces for the senior of the course-mates to take up retirement.
Thank you very much Sir, for your insightful reply. Much obliged.

Hi,

The first post is understandable---in life and in real time---sh-it happens---because it does---but when he had the opportunity to smash the enemy to kingdom come---we find out that he had JELLO in his knees.

The might and myth of the enemy air force would have been smashed.

In 1965 war---if it was not for the challenge taken by M M ALAM and shooting down 4 or 5 aircraft---the enemy would have been extremely aggressive.

That shooting alone smashed the psyche of the enemy and pummeled it into the ground---.

"Extraordinary times need extraordinary men to make extraordinary decisions". MK

AM Piracha did not measure upto the task.

I saw the video where he was reciting poetry---and I said to myself---how pathetic for a warrior to recite a prose when he had the chance of FULL ACTION in real time. That would have been the real proof.
I know Haseeb Paracha personally, do you even know what his role was during Swift Retort......he was DCAS (Operations)....he brilliantly executed the operation but he wasn't the last decision maker as he also needed clearance from above.....no one has questioned his abilities except some car dealer....he is the man who was even acknowledged by the enemies and even after over a year later, he was addressing an auditorium full of foreign military dignitaries.
You comparing MM Alam's actions in the middle of a full scale war to that of a minor clash and to that of some one on the ground shows how much you know about such scenarios. Why Mastan, you bad mouth members, abuse MODS, insult men in uniform, are you that perfect....Today Haseeb Paracha still proudly wears his uniform and executing his duties so basically any one criticising him, specially those that haven't even seen a cockpit is like......

Last edited by a moderator:
Your rant actually isn't worthy of a reply but since after your nonsense against Noaman Akram (Shaheed), such tripe can only be expected from you. Earlier you went running to the other forum where you were bad mouthing PDF members, now since that forum is dead you are back here with your I am Gods gift to defence forums attitude. Let me tell you, I know Haseeb Paracha personally, do you even know what his role was during Swift Retort......he was DCAS (Operations)....he brilliantly executed the operation but he wasn't the last decision maker as he also needed clearance from above.....no one has questioned his abilities except some car dealer....he is the man who was even acknowledged by the enemies and even after over a year later, he was addressing an auditorium full of foreign military dignitaries.
You comparing MM Alam's actions in the middle of a full scale war to that of a minor clash and to that of some one on the ground shows how much you know about such scenarios. Why Mastan, you bad mouth members, abuse MODS, insult men in uniform, are you that perfect....Today Haseeb Paracha still proudly wears his uniform and executing his duties so basically any one criticising him, specially those that haven't even seen a cockpit is like......A Gand complaining about someone's bad breath. !!!

Hi,

He was show boating---. Every analysts of the world proved my assessment right---he was doing stuff where he was not supposed to be.

Last edited:
I know Haseeb Paracha personally, do you even know what his role was during Swift Retort......he was DCAS (Operations)....he brilliantly executed the operation but he wasn't the last decision maker as he also needed clearance from above.....no one has questioned his abilities except some car dealer....he is the man who was even acknowledged by the enemies and even after over a year later, he was addressing an auditorium full of foreign military dignitaries.
You comparing MM Alam's actions in the middle of a full scale war to that of a minor clash and to that of some one on the ground shows how much you know about such scenarios. Why Mastan, you bad mouth members, abuse MODS, insult men in uniform, are you that perfect....Today Haseeb Paracha still proudly wears his uniform and executing his duties so basically any one criticising him, specially those that haven't even seen a cockpit is like......
We have debated more about HP than the current ACM. It seems he is very able but quiet and the retiring ACM placed great faith in his/abilities. Would you like to comment. HP was the junior most of the 4 so no surprises since they are all capable.
A

Last edited:

Hi,

Colonel Sharon was also not the final decision maker---but when he got the chance in the 1973 war---once he smashed thru the opponents forces---he did not stop even though the high command was screaming at him.

He tore apart the enemy assets and the enemy was a begging to stop his incursion---.

Hasseb Paracha had the same opportunity---this time the enemy was presented to him on a platter---.

The thing is that THE PAF HAS BECOME A SORT OF SHOW PONY---like a CIRCUS LION.

They go out and perform great at all these excercises and strut around---but when the time came to pull the trigger or push the button---the truth came out.

The Air Command had no guts to take the challenge---. Lack of courage prevailed in the command center.

Hi,

Colonel Sharon was also not the final decision maker---but when he got the chance in the 1973 war---once he smashed thru the opponents forces---he did not stop even though the high command was screaming at him.

He tore apart the enemy assets and the enemy was a begging to stop his incursion---.

Hasseb Paracha had the same opportunity---this time the enemy was presented to him on a platter---.

The thing is that THE PAF HAS BECOME A SORT OF SHOW PONY---like a CIRCUS LION.

They go out and perform great at all these excercises and strut around---but when the time came to pull the trigger or push the button---the truth came out.

The Air Command had no guts to take the challenge---. Lack of courage prevailed in the command center.
Why do enjoy walking around with a sign “I am stupid”

You overdoze everytime you talk.

And no. You dont know Haseeb Paracha at all. You have couple of contacts in squadrons and you spend 18 hours a day scraping instagram and facebook for pictures related to PAF. This is your entire qualification on PDF.

You overdoze everytime you talk.

And no. You dont know Haseeb Paracha at all. You have couple of contacts in squadrons and you spend 18 hours a day scraping instagram and facebook for pictures related to PAF. This is your entire qualification on PDF.
And you habitually are considering your self as Mr know all.
Some one who posts three year old pictures with claims it's fresh out of overhaul does need to act like a smart Alec to prove his worth.
Let me burst your self loathing bubble once again, Haseeb Paracha was a welcome guest in my house when he was in UK for a JSCC in 2005.....so stop wasting your self on judging others.

Last edited:
Why do enjoy walking around with a sign “I am stupid”

Hi,

Ok---so you hold it now---.

Hi,

This tradition REEKS OF ARROGANCE of the highest level.

Did Alexander's father generals resign when alexander was made to lead.

How about hannibal.

How about Mohammad Bin Qasim---how about Tariq Ibn a Ziyyad---.

How about Chengiz Khan's generals---.

No top tier small nation military in history looses its highly trained generals in large numbers at the same time as the pak military does.

It is a shameless practice that needs to be abolished---.

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom