What's new

Featured Zaheer Ahmad Babar appointed new Chief of Pakistan Air Force

Dear, i get your point.....i also understand that IAF jets were in our airspace for a very short time....my point is that the fact that they crossed into our territory and bombing would have been a good reason for us to after them and down them, even if their debris would have fallen inside IOJK.

The example which you have quoted from 2008....that is a case of locking on enemy jets while remaining in own airspace..that is something normal which happens today as well....however, in 2019 case, IAF actually crossed into our airspace....which is entirely different....bombing or no bombing....but their crossing into our airspace is good enough reason for anyone to shoot them down...
Boss, in this instance, they had gone cold by the time we got airborne and reached station up North. We'd have missed, even if had taken shots at them. If we'd crossed the LOC to go after them, they were ready for us. It'd have been a foolish move, more specifically a move the other side was absolutely ready for.

This is what we used against them, the next day. They had anticipated retaliatory strikes, but only for a certain time slot and went easy afterward.

This is not to suggest that somethings could not have been done differently, if we had a CAP up North, already on station - things might have turned out different. But in genuine honesty walking into the enemy's trap, one they were prepared for as well, would have been a folly.

Last edited:
The Pakistan Day Parade will see new Chief of Air Staff leading the fly past on March 23 as the incumbent will retire on March 18 on completion of three years tenure.

Air Chief Marshal Mujahid Anwar Khan will hand over command of the Pakistan Air Force to his successor at change of command ceremony to be held at the Air Headquarters here on March 19, 2021.

View attachment 725214
I just hope the selection is done on merit not political consideration

In short, we lacked the number of fighters and the IAF had had that figured
No we did not lack fighters, but you do not launch to every single such movement - else you'd have a lot of fighters / pilots fatigued out and in the pen in the aftermath. Basically we were one CAP short. And that got made use of.

Please direct me to that post.
Sir jee iaf was constantly probing our defenses just like PAF and on the night of the iaf intrusion they had more "packages" in the air than we had caps. They as a diversion tried to attack us at four places all long our border from south to north. We thwarted them at 3 places but they found a gap in our defense in the northern sector. As that cap had been vectored to stop the package from attacking sialkot. The flight of mirage 2000 who attacked jaba top went in unchallenged....PAF was so stretched that it had to scramble ADA jets.
I have no info on the iaf ac being fired on or not. By our boys on the 26th as by the time our jets got their the iaf ac were already gone well inside indian airspace. So firing bvrm on the intruders was pointless as to get in range PAF would have to cross into india n give chase and that would have been a suicide as the mirages were being given top cover by mki and they were lying I wait.
Now it is the job of DCAS to make sure something like this does not happen, simply by the virtue of his appointment.
Now to put it in perspective we got back at the iaf exactly in the same manner....they were fully active the whole day and night after their intrusion and in the morning when they lowered their guard just slightly PAF pounced and beat the crap out of them.
For this mistake, iaf sacked the AM responsible for it all.
AM Haseeb was guilty of the same mistake, it's just that he made for it on the 27th. I am sure had the indian AM been given another chance he too would have redeemed himself.

Last edited:
to add to the above further...
it's not AM haseebs mistake per se but rather it the nature of the job as one is held to account when something goes wrong or in the same manner one becomes the toast of the country and is showered with praise when a plan is executed with perfection.

please do share that with us, i was interested in it and tried listening but don't have the required tools...i heard him endlessly saying May Allah bless you, best wishes for you, May Allah Bless you....
Yeah so its done. The audio quality (now) is a whole lot better than it was in the broadcast. Now since i'm not an Audio Editor/Expert, I haven't been able to get the best out of it, but its still something.

The background sound is called 'noise' and [MashahAllah] the PTV Camera's and their mics are so advanced that they merged the Levels with the Noise.

Some real prehistoric Dinosaur-age crap. Not sure (even) a Post Production House is gonna be able to reinvent the wheel with this one.

Anyways, i'm attaching the file. You all better use headphones for this one.

Note: Could not attach an *.mp3, so took the liberty of zipping it in WinRar format.

WHY IS THERE A F#*KIN' FOUNTAIN NEXT TO THEM?!!

-----

This Post is brought to you by:
Positive Rating.jpg

@The Eagle @PanzerKiel @Windjammer @Hodor @airomerix @HRK @araz @SQ8

Attachments

• ACM to ACM.rar
    1.2 MB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Than its a good thing that you were never in contention for the position.

was supposed to be on lighter side to lighten up the mood, you seem uptight lately mate hope things are okay at your end?

was supposed to be on lighter side to lighten up the mood, you seem uptight lately mate hope things are okay at your end?
...and I took it on the lighter side too. I was merely humor without the emoji.

And 'no', i'm not uptight nor have been - ever, to my recollection.

to add to the above further...
it's not AM haseebs mistake per se but rather it the nature of the job as one is held to account when something goes wrong or in the same manner one becomes the toast of the country and is showered with praise when a plan is executed with perfection.

Hi,

The first post is understandable---in life and in real time---sh-it happens---because it does---but when he had the opportunity to smash the enemy to kingdom come---we find out that he had JELLO in his knees.

The might and myth of the enemy air force would have been smashed.

In 1965 war---if it was not for the challenge taken by M M ALAM and shooting down 4 or 5 aircraft---the enemy would have been extremely aggressive.

That shooting alone smashed the psyche of the enemy and pummeled it into the ground---.

"Extraordinary times need extraordinary men to make extraordinary decisions". MK

AM Piracha did not measure upto the task.

I saw the video where he was reciting poetry---and I said to myself---how pathetic for a warrior to recite a prose when he had the chance of FULL ACTION in real time. That would have been the real proof.

Last edited:
Hi,

The first post is understandable---in life and in real time---sh-it happens---because it does---but when he had the opportunity to smash the enemy to kingdom come---we find out that he had JELLO in his knees.

The might and myth of the enemy air force would have been smashed.

In 1965 war---if it was not for the challenge taken by M M ALAM and shooting down 4 or 5 aircraft---the enemy would have been extremely aggressive.

That shooting alone smashed the psyche of the enemy and pummeled it into the ground---.

"Extraordinary times need extraordinary men to make extraordinary decisions". MK

AM Piracha did not measure upto the task.

I saw the video where he was reciting poetry---and I said to myself---how pathetic for a warrior to recite a prose when he had the chance of FULL ACTION in real time. That would have been the real proof.

Sir jee yours is a very strong point on it's own merit and in a perfect world should have been executed accordingly as PAF might not get a chance like this ever again.
But
At the time our economy was so weak that we almost defaulted and as u know wars are faught on the back of at the very least stable economy, just like armies dont March on empty stomach.

Let's say PAF had shot down 9 indian ac.....modi would have been left with no option to but to go to war as he ocastrated this whole drama just to win the election..but considering our economic state back then we would have not lasted 2 days.

So sir jee wt it all boils down to is that we wanted to send a very strong msg, which we did without going to war.

Sir jee yours is a very strong point on it's own merit and in a perfect world should have been executed accordingly as PAF might not get a chance like this ever again.
But
At the time our economy was so weak that we almost defaulted and as u know wars are faught on the back of at the very least stable economy, just like armies dont March on empty stomach.

Let's say PAF had shot down 9 indian ac.....modi would have been left with no option to but to go to war as he ocastrated this whole drama just to win the election..but considering our economic state back then we would have not lasted 2 days.

So sir jee wt it all boils down to is that we wanted to send a very strong msg, which we did without going to war.

Regarding our economy. It was always weak most of the time specially after musharaff and will remain weak for some coming future as well. our enemy knows this as well but it doesn’t mean that we should not take some hard decisions. In war time situation it is always the first strike which decides the course of the battle. Had we shoot down the Indian jets in first place while they were in our air space on first day there was no way that India would dare to do something like this again as it would have been a big humiliation for India.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom