What's new

Z-10 & Z-19 Combat Helicopter News & Discussion

If other means are available, military option is spared. Democratic countries usually present many other ways for US to intervene. Even if things don't go as well, just send in jackals to take out the trouble makers. It is a lot more difficult with non-democratic countries. Military option often is the only option.

Is that a personal opinion or historical facts? The first one doesn't apply, I hope you know that!!

For example, the oust of elected iranian prime minister; the assassination of Ngo Dinh Nhu.

And oppressing the entire billion people population, internet censorship, stealing trade secrets from others, the Tiananmen square........they sound familiar? I can go on and on. Not sure if you want me to :enjoy: :lol:. I say you drop this stuff as we are off the topic...

Could someone post close up pictures of the WZ-19E with full weapons load? I noticed it has almost no additional armor protection underneath the cockpit. Usually there is an extra layer of armor there to protect the chassis from heavy ground fire.

LCH? Not familiar with this. For high altitude operability I suppose Z-19 has service ceiling no less than 6 km, anyway let's reconfirm with other posters @Deino @cirr

This is LCH and India will deploy it against China and Pakistan specially on harsh weather and high altitudes.

HAL LCH (Light Combat Helicopter) - Light Attack Helicopter - History, Specs and Pictures - Military Aircraft

China should work on low RCS high altitude all weather attack helicopter.

This is LCH and India will deploy it against China and Pakistan specially on harsh weather and high altitudes.

HAL LCH (Light Combat Helicopter) - Light Attack Helicopter - History, Specs and Pictures - Military Aircraft

China should work on low RCS high altitude all weather attack helicopter.

Good ideas. As @Dungeness posted service ceiling of 8830 m seems fine, next is about stealth, or armor like @Viper0011. mentioned. I think a PK-CN consortium involving militaries and developers should be put in place for Z-19. Inputs from PA on Z-10 have been instrumental.

And oppressing the entire billion people population, internet censorship, stealing trade secrets from others, the Tiananmen square........they sound familiar? I can go on and on. Not sure if you want me to :enjoy: :lol:. I say you drop this stuff as we are off the topic...

Could someone post close up pictures of the WZ-19E with full weapons load? I noticed it has almost no additional armor protection underneath the cockpit. Usually there is an extra layer of armor there to protect the chassis from heavy ground fire.

Can't find for E (Export) version bro, this is PLA version (not loaded) see if that helps:

4437e65f29ae143de57426.jpg
126730381_title0h.jpg

Curiously, I couldn't find a single picture with full weapons load but I did find where it says it is equipped with armour plating. It definitely does not look anywhere as heavily armoured as the WZ-10.

WZ-19.jpg

WZ-19E

Z-10_KD-9.jpg

WZ-10

Good ideas. As @Dungeness posted service ceiling of 8830 m seems fine, next is about stealth, or armor like @Viper0011. mentioned. I think a PK-CN consortium involving militaries and developers should be put in place for Z-19. Inputs from PA on Z-10 have been instrumental.

Can't find for E (Export) version bro, this is PLA version (not loaded) see if that helps:

View attachment 295770 View attachment 295771

Thank you. This helps. For sure, additional armor is needed. Heavy fire would cause serious damage to the chassis of this puppy as there is no extra armor cushion like I saw in WZ-9 or WZ-10. I know its a light combat heli, but it still need adequate protection as it will be used during conflict. Also, the tires and hydraulics are too open. Damaging one piece of suspension would make the entire heli out of order. So that additional piece of armor I keep mentioning, can also be used to hide a major part of the hydraulics so that even in dense fire, the suspension remains safe and the heli is able to land (and not crash land due to a broken hydraulic or tire).

Where is the machine gun on this puppy? Also, is China going to get away from a single barrel machine gun to adapting a US standard 3 or more barrel Gatling guns? Single barrel machine guns don't really produce good results in urban combat like we've seen in Iraq, Syria and Afghanistan.

Curiously, I couldn't find a single picture with full weapons load but I did find where it says it is equipped with armour plating. It definitely does not look anywhere as heavily armoured as the WZ-10.
WZ-19E

Z-10_KD-9.jpg

WZ-10

I agree. But even with WZ-9 and WZ-10, the entire hydraulic system is open to enemy fire. You take out one tire / or suspension on one side, the entire heli would have to crash land and then wait for the entire suspension to be fixed before you can fly again. The design needs to be modified and the wheels and the struts / suspension need to go underneath the chopper to avoid rendering a whole heli useless in case off heavy fire hitting the area around its tires or hydraulics.

The confusion between WZ and Z designation could be having its cause in the introductiion of WZ-9 before appearance of Z-19 and Z-10.

WZ-9 is the attack variant with different avionics and some permanent physical changes, having an addition "W" 武(combat) to its designation was necessary to differentiate it's attack role from the standard Z-9 transport helicopter. And this may had influence in many people's mind that attack or combat helicopters should be deignated WZ-XX.

However, since their first induction into PLA army aviation service, Z-19 and Z-10 have not used the "W" in their designation.

Moderators may consider changing the thread titles of WZ-19 and WZ-10 to Z-19 and Z-10.

Last edited:
The confusion between WZ and Z designation could be having its cause in the introductiion of WZ-9 before appearance of Z-19 and Z-10.

WZ-9 is the attack variant with different avionics and some permanent physical changes, having an addition "W" 武(combat) to its designation was necessary to differentiate it's attack role from the standard Z-9 transport helicopter. And this may had influence in many people's mind that attack or combat helicopters should be deignated WZ-XX.

However, since their first induction into PLA army aviation service, Z-19 and Z-10 have not used the "W" in their designation.

Moderators may consider changing the thread titles of WZ-19 and WZ-10 to Z-19 and Z-10.

Exactly what I said ... but even the WZ-9 is in fact called Z-9W/WA or WZ ... there is simply NO WZ-9 (only the engine), but some still keep that designation.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom