What's new

Z-10 & Z-19 Combat Helicopter News & Discussion

Rhis helicopter is useful for allies like Pakistan or Sir lanka. How it could be used as a AH for light infantry forces and provide CAS and AT missions with Cheaper value while the WZ-10 gets involved with the real deal.

It light so it gotta be a naval version of WZ-10 and help marines from LHD

Frankly I don't like the look, why can we make this WZ-19 better than Comanche :coffee:..since we put our money into this project

comanche_large.jpg

considering its size and engine,i'd like to compare wz-19 to OH-1.
(Kawasaki OH-1 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

maybe wz-19 has a better attack capability than oh-1,it cannot match ah-1 in this area.

one thing which seems to be obvious is wz-19 is a complement of wz-10. wz-19 has low cost and is more feasible for our current technic ability.if we could,we may just go for a heavier one like AH-64D.

considering its size and engine,i'd like to compare wz-19 to OH-1.
(Kawasaki OH-1 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

maybe wz-19 has a better attack capability than oh-1,it cannot match ah-1 in this area.

one thing which seems to be obvious is wz-19 is a complement of wz-10. wz-19 has low cost and is more feasible for our current technic ability.if we could,we may just go for a heavier one like AH-64D.

Japanese OH-1 is a joke...that's due to the restriction of American, they're force to scale down the look of attack helicopter to OH-1, but we chinese are not, we have all freedom of design...we have to do the best of the best...design a just good enough concept of military hardware is a wasted of money.

no offense.

Unfortunately, the procurement guys that gave the ok for this have been too superficial in their selection overview in terms of only seeing the benefit that FMF will get them when it comes to buying hardware.
They don't realize that the Cobra Viper is an ENTIRELY new machine which will require a complete training of all personnel involved and is also NOT sanction proof.

The short term benefit of a freebie has clouded their judgement.

I doubt that is the case, mate. Usually in our countries, a lot of money exchanges hands and naturally in this case as well, I am sure that it would have happened.

Now I am not being complacent but the only reason our military opted for LCH en masse is because no other attack helicopter in the world currently offers that kind of endurance in Himalayan conditions and that it is based on a tried and tested (Dhruv) platform.

Otherwise, even our ministers would have chosen some foreign made gunship with fat commissions to Anthony and his Italian owner.

It is a disease in entire South Asia.

As for T-129s, Turkey has ordered those modifications for itself. It has to take AW's clearance. Let's face it; AgustaWestland would definitely want to reap the contract themselves rather than just let the Turks profit. There is bound to be some condition attached for re-exporting here.

Correct me if I am wrong but the AH-1Z is being offered at a much competitive pricing than what it would ideally cost a western attack helo, for you due to WOT and all. Or is it something else?

Imo what PA really wants is to to get itself out of this WOT and then think about such stuff.

Well to get out of this WOT, you will first need to fight your demons which are right now sitting right inside your territory. For that, you need attack helicopters which you're in shortage of big time.

Right now, what PA needs is some serious CAS gunships.

Japanese OH-1 is a joke...that's due to the restriction of American, they're force to scale down the look of attack helicopter to OH-1, but we chinese are not, we have all freedom of design...we have to do the best of the best...design a just good enough concept of military hardware is a wasted of money.

no offense.

I will have to agree here. The OH-1 isn't even an attack helicopter. They built a design for a gunship and ended up with a light patrol/scout helicopter that can carry payload only for recon missions. I found it very strange that they didn't further develop it into an attack helicopters despite being capable of doing it.

Are you sure it is because of US restrictions? I mean Japanese have designed MBTs and other more serious weapons. What can developing a gunship do to US?

It is not like Japanese use significant US attack helicopters anyway. Their AH-1 s are going to be outdated soon and will require new platforms and still they're not making their own helos.

Weird, if you ask me.

If Japanese has the freedom of design without American interference, I bet they will build the best of the best and put the latest technologies into the design such as F-2, initially they want to design their own F-2 but under American pressure, they have to use F-16 as the foundation for F-2 but also forced to share their latest technologies with Americans.

As chinese I'm not trying to brag or trumphet Japanese's greatness, if China want to be sucess in our own military development, we have to aim to design with "best of the best" concept eventhough we're lagging behind western countries in many aspects...Take example of J-20 or J-31, they're not equal to F-22 or F-35 of American but we were aiming high on the design and to development that somehtings Chinese can be proud of.

But WZ-19 is seriously a joke, we just make a slim body of the Z-9, nothing revolutionary, we could have use American's AH-66 Comanche as reference points of design and develop further Chinese light attchack helicopter concept...but just try to get someting fast and less risky is not alway the way to go. Basically what i'm geting at is "don't put resource just to developt "just good enought" design...it's a total waste...that will never survive in the high tech battlefield.

But WZ-19 is seriously a joke, we just make a slim body of the Z-9, nothing revolutionary, we could have use American's AH-66 Comanche as reference points of design and develop further Chinese light attack helicopter concept...but just try to get something fast and less risky is not alway the way to go. Basically what i'm getting at is "don't put resource just to development "just good enough" design...it's a total waste...that will never survive in the high tech battlefield.

Have you read about AH-66, I Think you should read about it why it was cancelled. Have you seen AH-1 with slimline design and the power it packs.

China needs something like AH-64 And AH-1 side by side, therefore Z-19 is going into right direction give sometime. Alot is to be done regarding Engine-Armour-payload...

Have you read about AH-66, I Think you should read about it why it was cancelled. Have you seen AH-1 with slimline design and the power it packs.

China needs something like AH-64 And AH-1 side by side, therefore Z-19 is going into right direction give sometime. Alot is to be done regarding Engine-Armour-payload...

I think cost this the reason that Ah-66 is been cancelled I could be wrong but we can inspire the steathy concept of the Comanche to develop ZW-19 as how we inspire F-22 and F-35 DSI configuration to layout our J-20 and J-31.

folks just building a castle on thin air ?? WHat are the specs ?

Who told you that?
On what basis?

The PA is perfectly happy with its order for AH-1Z and would still prefer more of them or T-129s.
Looks like our military is still interested in buy sanction prone military equipment.

Looks like our military is still interested in buy sanction prone military equipment.

So you want to dismantle your entire military infrastructure meant for AH-1s just on the probability that you may be sanctioned?

Your Army is used to the AH-1s for years.

How will Zardari justify the cost to dismantle the maintenance, supply, spares infrastructure, the cost to re-setup everything of a new gunship, train those already experienced pilots afresh in a new platform etc?

If he says that there MAY be a sanction possible, then your opposition will murder him for just that word "may".

If a member can post its specifications, it'd be of great help to further discuss the helicopters here.

Thanks.

Kiss of the dragon is right, this a poor effort of the military industrial complex. PLA needs to upgrade the Ground forces Avation capability. No Chinese equavilant to UH-60, CH-47 or even a AH-64

Back
Top Bottom