What's new

Z-10 & Z-19 Combat Helicopter News & Discussion

Do not trust western or Indian source so easily. Many times they are just malicious article or insecure bashing to try boast their wounded ego. They are afraid of rising China so the only thing they can do is to rubbish any advancement of China.

Ask yourself a simple question, if WZ-10 gunship has low ceiling flight, would PAF even evaluate this gunship in the first place?
Western & Indian sources also criticizes their own product e.g. F-35, LCA, F-22 you name it. May be some are malicious articles sometimes, but it's the manufacturer who should prove their product in front of the world.

Pakistan's first choice is Chinese weapons, coz of very strong friendship plus they can buy it at soft loans or long term payment options. Otherwise there are products much capable than your WZ-10 and our LCH in the market but are either expensive or Sanction prone.

Z-10s operational with a new unit under the Southern Theater Command :D

Z-10-113.jpg

Z-10s operational with a new unit under the Southern Theater Command :D

Why is this a new unit ?? Z-10s from the 6th Army Aviation Brigade (42nd GA) with LH96xxx-serials are known since some time .... or is the number 113 a hint for a second Regiment / subunit within that brigade that operates the Z-10 too ?

Why is this a new unit ?? Z-10s from the 6th Army Aviation Brigade (42nd GA) with LH96xxx-serials are known since some time .... or is the number 113 a hint for a second Regiment / subunit within that brigade that operates the Z-10 too ?

2nd ”regiment“ indeed。

The 6th brigade now has 2 Z-10 ”regiments“。

The 4th now boasts 2 Z-10 ”regiments” and 1 Z-19 ”regiment“。

Rumours have it that the 5th brigade is also starting to receive Z-10s for its 2nd “regiment”。

PS The 6th also has 1 regiment of Z-8、1 regiment of Mi-171 and 4 regiments of Z-9。

Last edited:
WZ-19 is much cheaper than WZ-10, WZ-19 combine the new technology from WZ-10 and airframe of WZ-9, WZ-19 will be manufactured in mass production.
For PLA, the WZ-10 is expensive and more important thing is that it need time to be proven and improve.

And Frankly, I doubt that the present engine we develop can give WZ-10 encough power, I believe the new engine is on the way, but we need time, from the news be divulged indirectly, I think it will be soon!
shouldnt the heli designation different trom the heli engines for clarity?
Z-10 to heli & WZ10 to turboshaft?

shouldnt the heli designation different trom the heli engines for clarity?
Z-10 to heli & WZ10 to turboshaft?

It is ... the helicopter IS simply the Z-10 & Z-19 and the engines are WZ-types; there is no helicopter designation WZ- ... however the media simply started some time to use the designation WZ for combat types and even if on the fuselage of the Z-10-prototypes clearly Z-10-0x was written, no-one cares about.

I think that mistake originated from the first use on the Z-9WA, which was at first called WZ-9 to differ it from the original Z-9.

Deino

China should develop LCH equivalent version of Z-19 specially for high altitudes and harsh weather ops.

LCH? Not familiar with this. For high altitude operability I suppose Z-19 has service ceiling no less than 6 km, anyway let's reconfirm with other posters @Deino @cirr

As if Pakistan has a choice? USA has a history of blocking spares for PAF F-16 and even failing to deliver paid F-16 to PAF for policy against US interest. PAF current Viper has also difficulties getting spare from US supplier. I do not wish to elaborate further. Our Paskistan friends has more knowledge and history of those incident.

Both you and I know that your post is wrong at all counts. The US did that to both India and Pakistan due to nuke tests. But later removed those sanctions after Pakistan worked with the US on the WOT. This is actually a lot different to what you've been doing to the Viets, the Phillipines and the list goes on. Remain factual so we can have a debate. You are bringing your personal anti-American sentiment into a discussion that doesn't call for it.

The US has never blocked any spares or sales to democratic countries, or even went to war with them. That's a fact. When they allow you to use internet freely in China, you should do some research on this topic :enjoy:

Both you and I know that your post is wrong at all counts. The US did that to both India and Pakistan due to nuke tests. But later removed those sanctions after Pakistan worked with the US on the WOT. This is actually a lot different to what you've been doing to the Viets, the Phillipines and the list goes on. Remain factual so we can have a debate. You are bringing your personal anti-American sentiment into a discussion that doesn't call for it.

The US has never blocked any spares or sales to democratic countries, or even went to war with them. That's a fact. When they allow you to use internet freely in China, you should do some research on this topic :enjoy:
If other means are available, military option is spared. Democratic countries usually present many other ways for US to intervene. Even if things don't go as well, just send in jackals to take out the trouble makers. It is a lot more difficult with non-democratic countries. Military option often is the only option.

Back
Top Bottom