What's new

Year of taming the China dragon (2010 in Retrospect)

Not true.

On the international news, whenever there is an important issue like Iran or North Korea, they always talk about the P5+1 and what they are doing about it.

The P5+1 is America, China, Russia, Britain, France... plus Germany.

Is it? Then why is China left behind in Afghanistan and India plays a major role?

Is it? Then why is China left behind in Afghanistan and India plays a major role?

I read the international news all the time, CNN, BBC, etc. I have never seen any consultation of India for most major international issues. It's usually the P5+1.

India is not in even the top ten largest economies.

Even taking into account future GDP growth, India will still have a smaller economy than Brazil by 2015, and nowhere close to being in the top five.

List of countries by future GDP (nominal) estimates - Wikipedia

I read the international news all the time, CNN, BBC, etc. I have never seen any consultation of India for most major international issues. It's usually the P5+1.
List of countries by future GDP (nominal) estimates - Wikipedia

So what consultations have been made with China?

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

Have no idea when India is playing a major role in Afghanistan.

Ask our Pakistani friends ;)

So what consultations have been made with China?

Well look at the two big international issues at the moment. Iran and North Korea.

China was consulted regarding sanctions on Iran via the UNSC for example, and consulted frequently during any tensions on the Korean peninsula. An American official said that they were planning to ask China for help with supply routes for Afghanistan, but obviously, China does not want to get involved in that quagmire. Link.

The main point though, is that India is not in the top ten largest economies, so how can it be as important as the P5+1?

Well look at the two big international issues at the moment. Iran and North Korea.

China was consulted regarding sanctions on Iran via the UNSC for example, and consulted frequently during any tensions on the Korean peninsula.
So WoT is not a big issue for u? Iran is much bigger issue than ******?
BTW...no role of India in Iran's issue?

The main point though, is that India is not in the top ten largest economies, so how can it be as important as the P5+1?[/QUOTE]

So...higher the GDP,higher the influence? Russia's economy is 12th. What do u have to say about that?

So WoT is not a big issue for u? Iran is much bigger issue than ******?
BTW...no role of India in Iran's issue?

So...higher the GDP,higher the influence? Russia's economy is 12th. What do u have to say about that?

Like I said before, a US official had previously asked for China's help in supply routes to Afghanistan. But obviously China doesn't want to get involved in that quagmire.

CBC News - World - NATO may ask China to help with Afghanistan war effort: report

Russia has a very strong armed forces, and the largest nuclear weapons stockpile on Earth. They also wield a great deal of influence in their neighbourhood, from Central Asia to Eastern Europe. Also, Russia's economy will be bigger than India's in 2015 if you check that GDP link.

Listen, if you want to think that India is as important as the P5+1... then you are welcome to do so.

I personally don't, and this is just my opinion.

Now u listen...i never claimed India is the most influential country and blah blah blah. And it was you who has brought the issue of economy and all.

Now u listen...i never claimed India is the most influential country and blah blah blah. And it was you who has brought the issue of economy and all.

You were the one who asked this:

I think Chinese and Indians are equal on world stage and how about u? What do you think?

I disagreed with it, I think India has to surpass Brazil's economy first before it can try to compare with the P5+1 in terms of national power/importance.

I think Chinese and Indians are equal on world stage and how about u? What do you think?

china never have been colonized for 100 years , as for the sign post when your master the brits in yr country they never needed to put up sign like that cos you did yr job very well of being a slave to an extend yes sir no sir mentality still widely exit in these day and age.

You were the one who asked this:

I disagreed with it, I think India has to surpass Brazil's economy first before it can try to compare with the P5+1 in terms of national power/importance.

I was talking to brotherhood regarding Indians and Chinese being compared to dogs...when he asked the other poster's opinion i told him we were being treated same.
It was you who brought in economy, global influence and iran Nk etc etc!!!

Back
Top Bottom