What's new

Year of taming the China dragon (2010 in Retrospect)

Seriously?
And CD you thanked this post? Whoah!
:blink:

I thanked it for this statement "I can access any youtube video i want. I leap the wall all the time."

Just to clear up any misconceptions, that somehow Chinese people cannot access youtube.

Is there something wrong with that?

Actually that is quite incorrect. Anyone can be a Hindu BUT Hinduism is definitely Not a missionary(seeking converts) religion. This tradition has deep roots in Indian history. Even in the ancient days the students go in search of a master.....the master does not go around looking for converts/students. Buddhism on the other hand was a missionary religion (Buddha was not...but later on his students were..hell they even invented 'Buddhism' when Buddha's last words were to "seek your enlightenment yourselves"(meaning that each was to arrive at his own enlightenment according to his research/path...not by aping someone else).) however, even Buddhism was a passive-missionary religion..it never "actively" ran after potential converts.

As Vivekananda once said...Anyone who thinks he is a Hindu, is a Hindu.No more, no less.

You might be right, but i have never come across any such things as conversion rituals or something along those lines? I understand you can become a practicing Hindu and have a Hindu name but its not the same as converting to say Islam or Christianity.

I thanked it for this statement "I can access any youtube video i want. I leap the wall all the time."

Just to clear up any misconceptions, that somehow Chinese people cannot access youtube.

Is there something wrong with that?

I find the other part of the post quite offensive and racist. This is not the first time ive mentioned this to below freezing though. Apparently he is a-ok with double standards.

As for what I would have done If I were you? I would not pick and choose parts of a post to thank while the other is quite offensive..but then again its all about how one views that post, I guess..so you are free to have your own interpretations.

In my book it is a racist post. (and yes I know the term "racist" is used quite loosely in this forum, but this particular topic was explicitly mentioned in siegecrossbow's post as well, as one of the offensive/racist terms/usages....so its not just me who considers this offensive)

Religious are twisted ridiculous Weltanschauung and will vanish from this planet sooner or later.The majority of Chinese will never be converted to any religious, and that's what a civilized nation should be like.

hinduism is a unenlightened religon, full of s*pid nonsense, buddhism is far more clever and superior to hinduism. the extinction of buddhism in indian actually was a tragedy. however ,hindusim seems abviously more suitable to indians.

That is the reason why still the oldest religion in th world is alive and kicking, without forcing anybody to convert or going to war for the sake of it.

Grow up (Pakistani) Kid !

You might be right, but i have never come across any such things as conversion rituals or something along those lines? I understand you can become a practicing Hindu and have a Hindu name but its not the same as converting to say Islam or Christianity.

There is no "conversion" ceremony because Hinduism is more of a "way of life" than a "religion" in the Abrahamic (judausm, islam, Christianity) sense. We run into these issues of "oh there is no conversion ritual" only when we try to look at Hinduism through Western(Abrahamic) lens.

As a wise man once put it.

"Hinduism and its traditions are not what one would consider a religion. A civilization, thousands of years old, has over a period of time developed numerous traditions and doctrines. The conglomeration of such was defined by the uninitiated as a "religion" for want of a better word to describe it.

defining Hinduism within the narrow confines of a single world view is dissonant with the plural, inclusive ethos of Hinduism

"
Anyone is a Hindu the moment he/she thinks he is one(And this includes Atheists as well). Furthermore, he/she does not need the approval of anyone else as Hinduism does not have a central authority/scripture that holds sway over Hindus. If there can be a "Zen of Motorcycle maintenance" ( :D )I do not see any problem with the "Hinduness" of anyone who thinks of himself/herself as a Hindu...given that Zen derives from Hinduism.

Religious are twisted ridiculous Weltanschauung and will vanish from this planet sooner or later.The majority of Chinese will never be converted to any religious, and that's what a civilized nation should be like.

Strawman Alert.
What do you intend to gain by pushing down a strawman set up by a person who is not Chinese ?:D

On Edit:

Clearly hinduism is a quite suitable tool to fool and rule indian poor people.

Ah nevermind..pls continue

India will be a more stronger country if most of its people are atheistic.
I don't hate India, its ancient culture are wonderful but that's all in the past.
People in the world including Indians deserve a better life than living poorly in illusions created by their masters.

Surely believing in any religious is anyone's freedom.

Last edited:
Actually that is quite incorrect. Anyone can be a Hindu BUT Hinduism is definitely Not a missionary(seeking converts) religion. This tradition has deep roots in Indian history. Even in the ancient days the students go in search of a master.....the master does not go around looking for converts/students. Buddhism on the other hand was a missionary religion (Buddha was not...but later on his students were..hell they even invented 'Buddhism' when Buddha's last words were to "seek your enlightenment yourselves"(meaning that each was to arrive at his own enlightenment according to his research/path...not by aping someone else).) however, even Buddhism was a passive-missionary religion..it never "actively" ran after potential converts.

As Vivekananda once said...Anyone who thinks he is a Hindu, is a Hindu.No more, no less.

Hinduism and caste are the basic of india slavery.

I don't hate India, its ancient culture are wonderful but that's all in the past.
People in the world including Indians deserve a better life than living poorly in illusions created by their masters like religious.

no no no
india will not alive without Hinduism and brag

Hinduism and caste are the basic of india slavery.

no-dogs-or-chinese.jpg

THE ABOVE PICTURE DEFINES SLAVERY....

People in the world including Indians deserve a better life than living poorly in illusions created by their masters.

Surely believing in any religious is anyone's freedom.

Lol I'm an Atheist Hindu(Advaidin)...but obviously it would be a waste of my time to continue replying to your posts...

taking to the horse to the water and all that..lol

adios

no-dogs-or-chinese.jpg

THE ABOVE PICTURE DEFINES SLAVERY....

The world in this picture does not exist any more.And those who did this were punished and nuked if they are japanese imperialists.
Though I don't want to see this day, any major invasion will cause the invader to be nuked by really huge thermonuclear warheads which have thousands of times larger energy than the 2 once used by Americans, so peace is the best option for all.:cheers:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom