What's new

WZ-8; Hypersonic Glider to watch for during the Oct 1 parade; A Game Changer

It seems my intuition was right and they may have decided to share the technology with Pakistan to counter balance India.
China would only be re-balancing with a sale of the WZ-8.
Bro I think tech sharing is always open rather it depends on Pak's prevailing defence doctrine (as well as threat assessment) so perhaps Pak wants to induct hypersonic weapons now.

You're right, WZ-8 is an excellent tech to compliment existing sat ISR network, perhaps PAF will convert some existing carriers (or acquire new ones) to use it? Say the H-6 is an old design however after conversion ("N") it serves the purpose of a stand-off air-launch platform very well.

3.jpg
2.jpg

Bro I think tech sharing is always open rather it depends on Pak's prevailing defence doctrine (as well as threat assessment) so perhaps Pak wants to induct hypersonic weapons now.

You're right, WZ-8 is an excellent tech to compliment existing sat ISR network, perhaps PAF will convert some existing carriers (or acquire new ones) to use it? Say the H-6 is an old design however after conversion ("N") it serves the purpose of a stand-off air-launch platform very well.

View attachment 810696View attachment 810695
The DF-17 would be probably be something that fits into the Minimum credible deterrent doctrine, and the WZ-8 would probably fit into an Anti-blockade doctrine; giving targeting info for a Anti-ship ballistic missile (with a DF-17 warhead) to knock out Indian Carrier battle groups in the event of a blockade or cutting of SLOCs. I doubt the PAF would want to field the H-6, but perhaps if also acquired for a number of roles like tanker, standoff strategic strike from a different angle and super long range MPA, maybe. It would have to be part of a more offensive doctrine, and maybe needed considering Indian developments in the Indian Ocean vis a vi bases they are building to out flank Pakistan and China.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom