What's new

World Defence Industry Ranking

iaf+indian+air+force+flight+operational+ERJ-145+indigenous+Airborne+Warning+and+Control+System+%2528AEW%2526C%2529+EMB-145I++brazilianarray+antenna+unit+%2528AAU%2529radar+%25287%2529.jpg

I thought that was the israeli one, but it seems different. Is the radar indian?

Bro to be honest it's not the place for it, we have the ratings section of that.

Brother, I leave it to your judgement If you think it should remain then let it be. But the more you let these trolls violate their powers, the worst off this forum will be. And this is not the first time this guy misuses his position.

I think given the projections for where India's economy will be in 10 years it is foolish to think that Turkey can somehow overtake India when it is, in most areas, behind India's defence industry today.

India was 'projected to be in top 3 economies by 2012,2015 now its 2020 extended to 2030 and then it will be 2050. It is foolish to think too much, because india still have over 700million poor people.

I dont afree the part where you said, its not what a country is capable of producing but what it does. If a capability is there its not lost and can be used when needed.
This is nonsense mate, ever heard of the saying "use it or lose it"? What defines a "capability"? In the way you are using it it comes across as a very intangible concept. The UK has an illustrious engineering history and not just in defence, but this has been systamatically destroyed over the years. Look at where the UK was a few decades ago in the automotive sector for instance- we had global brands such as Rover, MG, Triumph, Jaguar, Morris etc. All have now either dissappeared or are foreign owned (Rover/MG and JLR).

So whilst it is clear the human capital does exsist in the UK to produce such world-beaters (as it does in any country willing to invest in skill decvlopment and continuous R&D) the conduits have been lost. In fact, it is not that we have stagnated but we have regressed- our steel mills are foreign owned, our railways are to be built by foreign nations as are our nuclear power plants.

You can see that over time you will lose the capacity (if not the capability) to produce certain things- the skills will die with the workers/designers, the tooling will be scrapped, the production lines will close and the companies will fold for an example look at the Nimrod debacle, Nimrod MR4 was scrapped under SDSR 2010 and in the SDSR 2015 we are buying American P-8s.

What is the value of Pak exports in USD,and what are the hardware exported ?
Pakistan's 2013 defense exports and entire cumulative defense exports are lower than India

Pakistan's weapon export in 2013 -$ 4.6 million
OEC - Pakistan (PAK) Exports, Imports, and Trade Partners

India weapon export for 2013 - $ 67.4 million

OEC - India (IND) Exports, Imports, and Trade Partners

The above does not include aerospace exports.

India's aerospace exports for year 2013 is $ 2.56 billion

Pakistan aerospace exports for 2013 - $ 8.16 million

With India joining MCTR, India's aerospace exports will go far higher.

India entire cumulative defense exports from 1950-2014 - $ 395 million

Pakistan entire cumulative defense exports from 1950-2014 - $230 million

http://armstrade.sipri.org/armstrade/html/export_values.php

Last edited:
This is nonsense mate, ever heard of the saying "use it or lose it"? What defines a "capability"? In the way you are using it it comes across as a very intangible concept. The UK has an illustrious engineering history and not just in defence, but this has been systamatically destroyed over the years. Look at where the UK was a few decades ago in the automotive sector for instance- we had global brands such as Rover, MG, Triumph, Jaguar, Morris etc. All have now either dissappeared or are foreign owned (Rover/MG and JLR).

So whilst it is clear the human capital does exsist in the UK to produce such world-beaters (as it does in any country willing to invest in skill decvlopment and continuous R&D) the conduits have been lost. In fact, it is not that we have stagnated but we have regressed- our steel mills are foreign owned, our railways are to be built by foreign nations as are our nuclear power plants.

You can see that over time you will lose the capacity (if not the capability) to produce certain things- the skills will die with the workers/designers, the tooling will be scrapped, the production lines will close and the companies will fold for an example look at the Nimrod debacle, Nimrod MR4 was scrapped under SDSR 2010 and in the SDSR 2015 we are buying American P-8s.

This isnt the case for strategic and very critical technologies like aircraft engine (RR) and other similar technologies. The UK aint stupid to lose that capability. They still own majority shares in those companies. automative sector is completely different, they are privately owned and different to military sector.

Pakistan's 2013 defense exports and entire cumulative defense exports are lower than India

Pakistan's weapon export in 2013 -$ 4.6 million
OEC - Pakistan (PAK) Exports, Imports, and Trade Partners

India weapon export for 2013 - $ 67.4 million

OEC - India (IND) Exports, Imports, and Trade Partners

The above does not even include India's aerospace exports for year 2013 is $ 2.56 billion

India entire cumulative defense exports from 1950-2014 - $ 395 million

Pakistan entire cumulative defense exports from 1950-2014 - $230 million

http://armstrade.sipri.org/armstrade/html/export_values.php
In 2015 alone, India’s defence exports stood at Rs670 crore ($100 million).

Please do not underestimate Indian companies. BEL, Tata Advanced Systems, Tonbo Imaging (to name few)
are doing well. Let's not forget almost all major companies now outsource or do a JV with other companies. Our export volumes may not figure much since all people care about is the end product. It's like giving all the credit to Boeing for EA-18G Growler.

Boeing EA-18G Growler To Get BEL Produced Cockpit Sub-Assembly
What is the value of Pak exports in USD,and what are the hardware exported ?

Last year, India’s defence exports ranged from avionics kits to helicopters, sent to countries including Afghanistan, Ecuador, Oman, Singapore and Namibia.

India inks $29.24 mn sonar deal with Myanmar | The BRICS Post

1)mortar bombs, small arms, artillery ammunition, tank- and anti tank ammunition and other defence weaponry
2) AL- khalid Tanks , APCs
3) Super mushak , K-8 Trainer
4) Air defense MAN PADS (ANZA )
5) bhaktar shikan -ANTI-TANK
6) small arms , mortar bombs , artillery ammunition ,explosives,grenades , other defense weaponry
7) Military Uniforms

100 million $ + as of 2015

In 2016 , with so many Jf-17 orders it would certainly be much more than 2015

Last edited:
I'd disagree with them being ahead on the basis of the Astute class, Taranis drone, Type 45 destroyer etc alone.
See sir, this is what I mean about niche. The UK does a few things exceptionally well- France does a lot of things very very well. The breadth of the French defence industry trumps the UK's superior depth in a few areas and that too only very marginally.

The UK has consistenly washed its defence industry down the drain, now we are simply relegated to "partners" in strategic projects such as the F-35 and Typhoon. Conversely, you would struggle to point out what wasn't French on the Rafale.

The UK aint stupid to lose that capability.

Well it has already happened, we don't even make our own SLBMs anymore. As I have said, we have the ability to make some very decent sub-systems but we lack the breadth.

See sir, this is what I mean about niche. The UK does a few things exceptionally well- France does a lot of things very very well. The breadth of the French defence industry trumps the UK's superior depth in a few areas and that too only very marginally.

The UK has consistenly washed its defence industry down the drain, now we are simply relegated to "partners" in strategic projects such as the F-35 and Typhoon. Conversely, you would struggle to point out what wasn't French on the Rafale.

Well it has already happened, we don't even make our own SLBMs anymore. As I have said, we have the ability to make some very decent sub-systems but we lack the breadth.

When it comes to defence we do as well as France, and our defence companies have basically almost all the capabilities french defence companies have.

Plus, your point about Land rover, Jaguar and the likes being owned by foreigners is mute/useless. By that reasoning many chinese internet giants like Alibaba, Tencent and the likes which are owned by South african and Japanese investors/businessmen this means they are not Chinese companies then. lol
Those are not really strategic sectors dude. I'm sure left for you alone you will say India is ahead of U.K defence industry.lol:D I will understand it though. :partay:

Last edited:

Fair point, but then it can be argued that niche is stronger than what is on offer from our European counterparts. As for the Typhoon, the UK put the greatest input in.

Back
Top Bottom