What's new

World Defence Industry Ranking

A little detail information about Turkey's current defence industry abilities !

-Check Turkey's Electronic Warfare, Microwave and strategic Radar projects. We have one of the biggest radar and microwave production facility of Europe.
golbasi_acilis5.jpg

-Turkey is the rare state which is developing own APAR radar complex called CAFRAD + Genesis CMS for own destroyer program which is the direct equivalent of AEGIS system that S. Korea, Spain and Norway like countries order from abroad.

-Besides, Turkey is the rare state having Gallium Nitrate transistor technology for own long range radar programs.

rfteknolojileri.jpg

-Check Turkey's electro-optic facilities and their activities. Turkey is rare country having the production line of Quantum well infrared detectors that Russia like countries signed contract to order some before border crises. At present, LWIR and NIR photo-detectors are under development phase which is produced by 3-4 institutes in World.

Aselsankzltesidedektr.jpg

-Thanks to those thermal detectors, Under 1m resolution spy satellite camera called MAK is also being developed at present.

ScreenShot204_zps79ee70dc.jpg

-No need to mention Turkey's one of the biggest optic lens production facility.

aselsanoptik.jpg

-Turkey's missile sector is enlarging seriously fast. Not only complete products but also fuel, seeker and motor sub-components are also being developed and exported abroad. Turkey follows family integrity principles to develop own missiles and Many of them have been either completed or near for compilation.

-Anti-tank group
Mizrak-D2
Mizrak-D1
Mizrak-UL
Mizrak-UIIR
Mizrak-O
Mizrak-SR
Mizrak-TEKAT
Cirit SAL

Mizrak-U
5MpOnL.gif

-SAM Group
Hisar-MANPAD
Hisar-A (Low Altitude)
Hisar-O (Medium Altitude)
Hisar-U (Long Altitude)

-Air to Air group
Sahin Short Range WVR (Sidewinter equivalent)
Goktuğ Long range BVR (AMRAAM equivalent)

7kMpB5.png

-Cruise Missile group
Som-J (200km)
SOM (300km)
SOM-ER (500km)
Gezgin LACM (1500km)
Go12b3.gif

-Anti-ship Missile group
Atmaca SSM

The examples can be enlarged thanks to many big and strategic complete product projects from Land and Naval and Aerial sectors that will put Turkey into big boy's league.

@waz , @Manticore , @Horus Brothers, Keep this Iranian troll which is here to provoke the Turkish members, out of this thread. Otherwise, I will specially take care of him...

-Check Turkey's Electronic Warfare, Microwave and strategic Radar projects. We have one of the biggest radar and microwave production facility of Europe.
golbasi_acilis5.jpg

-Turkey is the rare state which is developing own APAR radar complex called CAFRAD + Genesis CMS for own destroyer program which is the direct equivalent of AEGIS system that S. Korea, Spain and Norway like countries order from abroad.

-Besides, Turkey is the rare state having Gallium Nitrate transistor technology for own long range radar programs.

rfteknolojileri.jpg

-Check Turkey's electro-optic facilities and their activities. Turkey is rare country having the production line of Quantum well infrared detectors that Russia like countries signed contract to order some before border crises. At present, LWIR and NIR photo-detectors are under development phase which is produced by 3-4 institutes in World.

-Thanks to those thermal detectors, Under 1m resolution spy satellite cameracalled MAK which is also being developed at present.

aselsanoptik.jpg

-Turkey's missile sector is enlarging seriously fast. Not only complete products but also fuel, seeker and motor sub-components are also being developed and exported abroad. Turkey follows family integrity principles to develop own missiles and Many of them have been either completed or near for compilation.

-Anti-tank group
Mizrak-D2
Mizrak-D1
Mizrak-UL
Mizrak-UIIR
Mizrak-O
Mizrak-SR
Mizrak-TEKAT
Cirit SAL

Mizrak-U
5MpOnL.gif

-SAM Group
Hisar-MANPAD
Hisar-A (Low Altitude)
Hisar-U (Long Altitude)

-Air to Air group

7kMpB5.png

-Cruise Missile group
Som-J (200km)
SOM (300km)
SOM-ER (500km)
Gezgin LACM (1500km)
Go12b3.gif

-Anti-ship Missile group
Atmaca SSM

The examples can be enlarged thanks to many big and strategic complete product projects from Land and Naval and Aerial sectors that will put Turkey into big boy's league.

@waz , @Manticore , @Horus Brothers, Keep this Iranian troll which is here to provoke the Turkish members, out of this thread. Otherwise, I will specially take care of him...

No one is provoking, just speaking the truth. No one will believe that turkey builds even a single one these systems without tech transfers.
How moronic does a person has to be to think turkey could out of the blue develop a dual pulse rocket engine. This is given considering turky has no solid fuelled experience except assembling/repainting Chinese B-611 etc.

Posting some anti tank weapons and random pics here and there is not proof, sonny.

golbasi_acilis5.jpg

rfteknolojileri.jpg

-Thanks to those thermal detectors, Under 1m resolution spy satellite camera called MAK is also being developed at present.

aselsanoptik.jpg

-Anti-tank group
Mizrak-D2
Mizrak-D1
Mizrak-UL
Mizrak-UIIR
Mizrak-O
Mizrak-SR
Mizrak-TEKAT
Cirit SAL

Mizrak-U
5MpOnL.gif

-SAM Group
Hisar-MANPAD
Hisar-A (Low Altitude)
Hisar-U (Long Altitude)

-Air to Air group

7kMpB5.png

-Cruise Missile group
Som-J (200km)
SOM (300km)
SOM-ER (500km)
Gezgin LACM (1500km)
Go12b3.gif

-Anti-ship Missile group
Atmaca SSM

I'll be watching the thread with eagle eyes bro.

@waz

This "moderator" has given my post in the previous page a negative ref in a desperate attempt to hide it. Can see it please and show me how it violated forum rules? This guy was already warned once by another senior mod for giving negative refs in attempt to intimitade etc.

Last edited:
I saw this ranking from a post in the Turkish Defence section. I wanted to ask peoples thoughts on it. It shows the levels/rankings of countries defence industries.. I dont agree with some of them however mostly it looks correct and I would like to see the thoughts of others. No trolls please.

league%204.jpg
I think South Korea deserves to be in the same league as Italy/Israel. Their naval defence solutions are second perhaps only to the US (yes they depend heavily on the US for weapons/sensors) and they also are very capable in land systems. Just look at what Samsung's defence arm can do.

I also think France is easily on the same level as the UK, if not quite a bit ahead. It is not just what a country is capable of producing but what it DOES produce and thanks to chronic underinvestment and scuttling of heavy industries the UK actually produces lot less than France and our defence production portfolio is incredibly niche. Yes the UK has BAE and RR but France has DCNS, Dassualt, Thales, Airbus, Safran, Nexter, MBDA and Renault- all leaders in their respective industries. Addtionally, one should remember that France retains sovereign control over most/all of its defence industry whilst much of the UK's heavy manufacturing is owned (at least partially) by foreign entities.

@waz

This "moderator" has given my post in the previous page a negative ref in an desperate attempt to hide it. Can see it and show me how it violated forum rules? This guy was already warned once by another senior mod for giving negative refs in attempt to intimitade etc.

Such a request is usually the domain for @WebMaster. I will look into it for you, but I do trust brother @cabatli_53 100%, as I do with bro @Serpentine.
Let's leave all the insulting terms out. Let's debate in a healthy manner.

Iranians have superior military prowess,especially when it comes to SAMs and cruise Missiles,which they developed,despite being under sanction.

Don't forget the cruise missile which nearly sinked INS Hanit was Iranian supplied,not to mention the only country in ME which has credible space tech.

As for India,we do produce and export stuff from AESA to Warships,and to BPJs to Parashutes which can drop tanks

India is finally walking the talk on becoming a global arms exporter - Quartz

Last edited:
I also think France is easily on the same level as the UK, if not quite a bit ahead. It is not just what a country is capable of producing but what it DOES produce and thanks to chronic underinvestment and scuttling of heavy industries the UK actually produces lot less than France and our defence production portfolio is incredibly niche. Yes the UK has BAE and RR but France has DCNS, Dassualt, Thales, Airbus, Safran, Nexter, MBDA and Renault- all leaders in their respective industries. Addtionally, one should remember that France retains sovereign control over most/all of its defence industry whilst much of the UK's heavy manufacturing is owned (at least partially) by foreign entities.

I'd disagree with them being ahead on the basis of the Astute class, Taranis drone, Type 45 destroyer etc alone.

Such a request is usually the domain for @WebMaster. I will look into it for you, but I do trust brother @cabatli_53 100%, as I do with bro @Serpentine.
Let's leave all the insulting terms out. Let's debate in a healthy manner.

My friend,
This is not the first time he did. He gave me neg ref once and he was warned by Slv defence previously. I don't understand why these people are allowed to get away with abusing their rights? Just because he does not have the capability to deal with the truth, he attempts to hide our comments.

I think South Korea deserves to be in the same league as Italy/Israel. Their naval defence solutions are second perhaps only to the US (yes they depend heavily on the US for weapons/sensors) and they also are very capable in land systems. Just look at what Samsung's defence arm can do.

I agree with South Korea should be higher. They are very advanced in some fields. The reason I think SK is behind is overall they might be lacking in some fields, for example they can be very good in shipbuilding but very bad in another area which balances it out and puts them down overall.

I dont afree the part where you said, its not what a country is capable of producing but what it does. If a capability is there its not lost and can be used when needed.

I saw this ranking from a post in the Turkish Defence section. I wanted to ask peoples thoughts on it. It shows the levels/rankings of countries defence industries.. I dont agree with some of them however mostly it looks correct and I would like to see the thoughts of others. No trolls please.

league%204.jpg

There are some flaws in it , like Pakistan's exports are much greater then India , and Countries like Israel and turkey export more than India

We don't have any idea Where Indian industry will be within following 10 years. Maybe ahead of us or not
I think given the projections for where India's economy will be in 10 years it is foolish to think that Turkey can somehow overtake India when it is, in most areas, behind India's defence industry today.

My friend,
This is not the first time he did. He gave me neg ref once and he was warned by Slv defence previously. I don't understand why these people are allowed to get away with abusing their rights? Just because he does not have the capability to deal with the truth, he attempts to hide our comments.

Bro to be honest it's not the place for it, we have the ratings section of that.

Back
Top Bottom