What's new

World Defence Industry Ranking

I think given the projections for where India's economy will be in 10 years it is foolish to think that Turkey can somehow overtake India when it is, in most areas, behind India's defence industry today.

I didn't say Turkey overtakes India within 10 years. It is not possible to predict the future from now but There is one thing for sure, Turkey will be in League-2 thanks to ongoing billion $ strategic projects within 10 years. The range of Turkish project and product portfolio is also quite large, even larger than Indian efforts on some sectors but There are some other tools that Turkey is not eager to develop some war tools such as nuclear powered machines so India will always be upper hand in those things.

There are some flaws in it , like Pakistan's exports are much greater then India , and Countries like Israel and turkey export more than India

Turkish defence industry reached export figures around 2 billion $ in 2014 and It is aimed to export war machines worth 25 billion $ in 2023.

Last edited:
@YousufSSG Pakistan has not managed to export a single Al-Khalid tank.Last APC export was to Iraq back in 2005.Nothing since then.

Pakistan has zero export rights or profit share in K-8s

The campuses are beautiful, remind me my own Software Technology parks in India

Also, I am surprised Turkey has DEW program such as lasers in development.

TUBITAK to develop laser CIWS | TR Defence

The lazer gun project is related with Turkey's destroyer like strategic air defence frigate program called TF-2000. At requirement phase, It was announced that Lazer gun system will be integrated on TF-2000 frigates so The Turkish institutes are working on that technology to bring out a matured system to be integrated on frigates in time.

Aselsan_unveils_Igla-Missile_Launching_System_fitted_with_Weapon_laser_System_640_001.jpg

Besides, Turkey's CIWS Land and Naval guns are also revealed. The Naval variant of this gun will be integrated to Turkey's frigate programs...

I'm sure by 2023 we will be even ahead of India in that list

Indian defense industry is also moving at a fast clip - so I doubt the getting ahead of India claim. Recently many big private players have been permitted and have invested billions in R&D, acquisitions, Licence production and tech tie ups..these will mature in 5 years time..the state manufacturing units are also gearing up big time with multiple manufacturing and R&D centers coming up, a host of ship building sites being developed and a huge investment coming into the defense sector.

Indian defense industry is also moving at a fast clip - so I doubt the getting ahead of India claim. Recently many big private players have been permitted and have invested billions in R&D, acquisitions, Licence production and tech tie ups..these will mature in 5 years time..the state manufacturing units are also gearing up big time with multiple manufacturing and R&D centers coming up, a host of ship building sites being developed and a huge investment coming into the defense sector.

Can you give some information about Indian naval programs ?

Last edited:
Frigate-corvette buildings, naval missile systems, radars...etc

Mazgaon Docks, Mumbai
a. Delhi Class Destroyers
b. Shivalik Class multi purpose frigates
c. Kolkata Class Destroyers
d. Godavari Class Destroyers
e. Khukri Class Corvettes
f. Scorpene (Kalvari) Class
g. Shishumar Class (Type 209)
h. Offshore Patrol Vehicles
i. Kora Class

GRSE, Kolkata
1. Brahmaputra Class Frigates
2. Aditya Class Auxiliary ship
3. Kora-class corvettes
4. Khukri class
5. Landing Ships Magar and Shardul class
6. Kora Class
7. Off shore Patrol vehicles
8. Kamorta class corvettes

Cochin Shipyard, Kochi
1. Vikrant class Aircraft Carrier

Goa Shipyard,
1. Offshore Patrol Vehicles
2. Tarantul Class corvettes

Hindustan Shipyard
1. Overhaul facilities for submarines
2. INS Arihant Class SSBN (inputs)

Naval Shipbuilding, Vizag
1. INS Arihant Class SSBN

Naval Shipbuilding, Vadodara
1. INS Arihant Class SSBN

Above is facilities which have produced front-line IN warships. Not inlcuded are shipyards which have the ability to provide overhaul facilities. Have also not included shipyards which make smaller ships only like oPVs.

Reliance and ABG have been left out since they are private players who have just entered this arena. Expect them to receive orders too. Besides this there is the Naval Design Bureau which works with partners to build the actual warships. These chaps define and design the warships.

Will post the systems in some time.

The al-Khalid tank has been exported to the following countries ;
Morocco -54
Bangladesh 44
Srilanka -22
Mynammar -unknown numbers
Peru - 100 on order
Saudia arabia - 120 on order

Pakistan exports mortar , artillery , explosives , and other type of ammunation, small arms .

Pakistan has exported the k-8 to many countries and pakistan has rights for that trainer.
Bangladesh - 9
Bolivia - 6
Egypt -118
Ghana - 4
Myanmar -32
Namibia - 12
srilanka -5
Sudan - 17
Venezuela - 22
zambia - 15
zimbabwe - 11
Tanzania -6

Pakistan also exports Super mushak trainer .

Pakistan's exports are 100 million $ + as of 2015
LMAO.:rofl:

All the above countries operate VT-1As and JL-8s completely manufactured and sold by China.
Pakistan doesn't get a single penny from these and neither does it manufacture any components/subsystems of these exported jets.

Exports of these are entirely done by China with zero Pakistani contribution.

The al-Khalid tank has been exported to the following countries ;
Morocco -54
Bangladesh 44
Srilanka -22
Mynammar -unknown numbers
Peru - 100 on order
Saudia arabia - 120 on order

Pakistan exports mortar , artillery , explosives , and other type of ammunation, small arms .

Pakistan has exported the k-8 to many countries and pakistan has rights for that trainer.
Bangladesh - 9
Bolivia - 6
Egypt -118
Ghana - 4
Myanmar -32
Namibia - 12
srilanka -5
Sudan - 17
Venezuela - 22
zambia - 15
zimbabwe - 11
Tanzania -6

Pakistan also exports Super mushak trainer .

Pakistan's exports are 100 million $ + as of 2015

don't you confused between Al-khalid and MBT-2000?

K-8 being provided by China according SIPRI report

Such a request is usually the domain for @WebMaster. I will look into it for you, but I do trust brother @cabatli_53 100%, as I do with bro @Serpentine.
Let's leave all the insulting terms out. Let's debate in a healthy manner.

Man at work. @waz @WebMaster @Horus please introduce troll ranking as well. Some of our member are everyday troller and they always do trolling only.

@YousufSSG Pakistan has not managed to export a single Al-Khalid tank.Last APC export was to Iraq back in 2005.Nothing since then.

Pakistan has zero export rights or profit share in K-8s

Thank you for your troll

Back
Top Bottom