What's new

World Armies - Bangladesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
not yet confirmed. But the govt is very likely to choose one of the following:

1) J-10
2) Su-27 or Su-30
2) JF-17

SU-27 with some upgradation is a good choice for BD. SU-30 is two seater with longer range which are unnecessary for BAF.
The price is very good, far better than j-10 and su-30.
JF-17 should be dropped from the list.

Um, is it necessary for India and BD to be hostile? Or is it necessary for BD to have the military capability to deny an Indian advantage if war is 'thrust' by India?

I mean diplomatic relations between two countries decide on the threat perception of that country and by an extension its military capability current or desired.

India and Bangladesh dont have that threat perception of each other to warrant military buildup specific to each other, while India-Pakistan and India-China do.

You are right.We don't need to be hostile but at the same time we cannot afford to become Poland of Second World war.Do you see how much money Indian Govt. spending on arms?close to Hitler? may be more.

so we should be prepared at least to delay Indian Party,if it comes any day.

One reason our army is poor compared to India or Pakistan because one our economy and the other is that we had so much chaos among us that we(read successive Govt.) did not feel the need to modernise the army.Bunch of corrupted politicians together with some money thirsty generals.:tsk:

We are optimistic about this years budget as there are indication of spending money on defence.

so far it seems not!:enjoy:

These two pictures of Bangladesh Navy seals might clear the confusion.BD navy seals are trained by Republic of Korea SEALs.I will post those pictures as well, later on.

They are included in the special forces.

SSF-They are responsible for security of VVIPs.

There is also Presidential Guard Regiment,who might also be counted as special force.I need clarification here though.

EDIT:PGR is also special force,confirmed.Army men on the picture above are from PGR.

Last edited:
Leon you're back!! been missin you.. welcome back!:welcome:

Fatman, could you please find if officers of the BDA train at Indian establishments or are there any proposals for the same?

BD army officials do study at India.I was reading the background of high ranking BD military official,can't recall the name,he studied at defence college in Pune.I am not sure about the name of the place but They do study in India.Not sure if they train.

As far as Pakistan is concerned,Mastan Khan sir said that some BAF cadets do train at PAF academy.

And not to forget,DGFI was based on ISI;)

SU-27 with some upgradation is a good choice for BD. SU-30 is two seater with longer range which are unnecessary for BAF.
The price is very good, far better than j-10 and su-30.
JF-17 should be dropped from the list.

The latest variant of Su-27 SKM is probably perfect fo BD.But problem with Sukhois is that they are very expensive both to buy and to maintain.We can't allocate that much money on fighters.Its better to invest on SAMs and improve RADAR system for now.

The latest variant of Su-27 SKM is probably perfect fo BD.But problem with Sukhois is that they are very expensive both to buy and to maintain.We can't allocate that much money on fighters.Its better to invest on SAMs and improve RADAR system for now.

SU-27 is not that expensive. I think 35 mln each without upgrades. 2 squdron for 840 mln not a bad investment.

No iajdani,leon is infact correct.......the sukhois are expensive in maintanence terms,also russian spares are not always easy to get of good quality........some are pricey too....

Dont worry we will provide you LCA -Tejas.Maintanence and spare parts wont be a problem.

Dont worry we will provide you LCA -Tejas.Maintanence and spare parts wont be a problem.

Thanks but no thanks.

It is better to fight with decade old F-7s.Its not that I am degrading LCA,it must be an able fighter,but sorry we don't need it.

On second thoughts I think you dont need such an advanced fighter coz u dont face any external threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom