What's new

World Armies - Bangladesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
On second thoughts I think you dont need such an advanced fighter coz u dont face any external threat.

No that is not true. People around us are very hostile. BD needs a strong army.
Going back to Political Science in defining a state, "Every state is a perceived enemy of other states. If not than there is no need for a statehood. Two could be together"

BD army officials do study at India.I was reading the background of high ranking BD military official,can't recall the name,he studied at defence college in Pune.I am not sure about the name of the place but They do study in India.Not sure if they train.

Now thats new...:smokin:

Now thats new...:smokin:

This is now new at all. All the Rakhi Bahini officers were trained in indian military academy, Deradun. Present COAS trained in india for
higer defence management course. Lots of artillary officers also trained in india as exchange student. In terms india send there officers
to DSCSC, NDC and others courses in BD. but number is higher for bd officers.

Bangladesh has successfully defeated Pakistan Army when she was known as East Pakistan, with the support of her people and Bangladeshi population is politically educated enough to repel any direct foreign invasion on any day.

different kind of war.That was guerilla warfare not full scale between organised armed forces.
nope we are too smart to be forced into submission by anyone.That's why India will never attack us they will take away our water if they want to.

BD armed officers are sent everywhere,to Pakistan,India USA,UK everywhere.Heck we got Indian officers in our military academy;I think there are Pakistanis,Bhutanese,Nepalese,etc too.

I don't think wars are interesting to anyone anymore ; maybe to journalists such things serve their purposes other than those of defence industries.

But still we should always be alert.Hard to predict the future is.

Atleast Bangladesh doesnt have to waste its money much for buying weapons like we Indians and Pakistanis do. India is never a threat to Bangladesh....and Mayanmar?.....they must be aware of the fact that India and Pakistan will not sleep if they come for any misadventure in Bangladeshi soil.:victory::taz::bounce::bounce:

hope you are right.But that so called surplus is gobbled up by corrupt quarters so might use that money to spend on the armed forces.

Can anybody tell me how the divisions,and the brigades organized?

i think you guys need to think about military rather than spending money on military.

good luck.

:pdf::azn:

Dont worry we will provide you LCA -Tejas.Maintanence and spare parts wont be a problem.
You must be sarcastic with your suggestion about purchase from India. We are to fight against India, today or tomorrow. How can we then buy Indian junks.

EXCELLENT WORK KEEP IT UP:pakistan:

i think you guys need to think about military rather than spending money on military.

good luck.

:pdf::azn:

Thinking about military is worthless while spending on military is kind of a wise decision!!

Brother, This VDP will not even go after a village thief let alone after IA
in war !
I think, your comments are outrageous. During Liberation War, the then Ansars were less trained than the present VDPs. Yet, they fought with guns and bamboo sticks. More than 550 (probably 566) Ansars were killed in action against the well equipped Pakistan army. They had no arms, yet they did not run away.

These Ansars were trained only in .303 rifles, they were even bare footed, but it did not dissuade them to fight against the PA. So, please refrain from making indecent comments about the VDPs who are better trained than the Ansars of 1971. You have to understand a people's war is the only answer to an attack by a stronger army.

I expect a more respectful attitude towards our defence forces, VDP or otherwise. They are not to be ridiculed from people who may faint at the first sound of gun fires. They may also die at the shock without ever knowing how the VDPs would fight.

I think, your comments are outrageous. During Liberation War, the then Ansars were less trained than the present VDPs. Yet, they fought with guns and bamboo sticks. More than 550 (probably 566) Ansars were killed in action against the well equipped Pakistan army. They had no arms, yet they did not run away.

These Ansars were trained only in .303 rifles, they were even bare footed, but it did not dissuade them to fight against the PA. So, please refrain from making indecent comments about the VDPs who are better trained than the Ansars of 1971. You have to understand a people's war is the only answer to an attack by a stronger army.

I expect a more respectful attitude towards our defence forces, VDP or otherwise. They are not to be ridiculed from people who may faint at the first sound of gun fires. They may also die at the shock without ever knowing how the VDPs would fight.

General Nur uddin when he was colnel as Director of Military Operation in 1974 made the idea of total war similar to PLA in China.

It is now 2009. War has changed a lot in its dynamics and nature. Thread polarity has also changed. Being imotional and looking at the past will not serve us at all. Having a occupation by india was the main basis of Ansar and VDP. That is not a reality now.

Think out of the box.

I did not know that Bangladeshi Army was in such a bad shape. This after them having ruled the country for a few years. Did they not try to buy new equipment , clearly define a doctrine, and then train at that time?

Dear malaymishra123,

I did not get that what did you mean by "Bad Shape"?

Well, I think you need more knowledge regarding Yearly Budget of Bangladesh Army to make any comments.

We are struggling to build up a good economy right now, not to make a strong Army. We have our own strategy. So please make more sensible comments regarding other nation's Army.

Bangladesh Army is playing good role I think.

Thanks.

Now bangladesh face many problem , one is Myanmar problem they use their 1 division Army near Teknaf Border , They Also Make 2 Air base in near border of bangladesh.

Actually Myanmar prepare to a war against bangladesh ?????

Please any senior member explain & analysis it.....:pakistan::pakistan:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom