What's new

World Armies - Bangladesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
strictly speaking in non-religious terms...Bangladesh has more things in common with India than it has with Pakistan....so regardless of the realistic picture...if say india and Bd wanted to establish cordial relations...it wont be that hard.

Yes with eastern part of India. But we have a lot in uncommon with western and southern part of India as like as Pakistan.
But we can build a benificial relationship with India as we both have the same stake in economic front.

and we all like going to war now dont we?
wars are traumatic and distressful and exhaustive why dont people seem to agree to that?

Yes with eastern part of India. But we have a lot in uncommon with western and southern part of India as like as Pakistan.
But we can build a benificial relationship with India as we both have the same stake in economic front.

very true...indeed.

sorry mate but could u tell me wat VDP is.
anywyaz if we go in war we would have plenty of soldeirs

Village defense force=VDP, in Bengali it would be "graam protirokha bahini". In terms of war skills it is Military>BDR>Ansar>VDP and police is somewhere between ansar and VDP. Ansar, VDP, police are not battle trained though. BDR and Army are well-trained.

Village defense force=VDP, in Bengali it would be "graam protirokha bahini". In terms of war skills it is Military>BDR>Ansar>VDP and police is somewhere between ansar and VDP. Ansar, VDP, police are not battle trained though. BDR and Army are well-trained.

thanks....:cheers:

Sir, Allow me to share my two cents here. A good amount of officers
of BD military are trained in IND and Pak mil. schools. Bangladesh also
trained a significant number of SL and Nepali military in its school.
However number of Pak and Ind. officers in BD is mostly limited to
Staff college and a few other courses.

During initial establishment of BD para commando BN, it received significant training and advice from Pak SSG.

Um, is it necessary for India and BD to be hostile? Or is it necessary for BD to have the military capability to deny an Indian advantage if war is 'thrust' by India?

I mean diplomatic relations between two countries decide on the threat perception of that country and by an extension its military capability current or desired.

India and Bangladesh dont have that threat perception of each other to warrant military buildup specific to each other, while India-Pakistan and India-China do.

You are right !! However, Myanmar is a very unstable poor country with a very big military who are in power !! And this is dangerous !!

Moreever, our Military officers psychi work in such a way that india will go for a ground invasion but the ground reality is different !!

The Whole Awami League and so called the media of BD are full of Raw agent !! Looking at the way two former chief intel. officers are now handed by the order of indian BOSS - Bangladesh is already run
effectively by india !!

They Key then is to ensure Bipartisan support for each other in both BD and India. India and BD both have two main political parties regardless of the regional players. In India its the Congress and BJP, while for BD, its AL and BNP.

While you will find a broad support for BD in both Congress and BJP, its the BNP that causes problems for India. Allowing greater trade between India and BD would make both Congress and BJP further be accomodative of BD concerns on various issues. One thing is certain, both Congress and BJP understand numbers and economy. Both know, their future depends on two factors-economy and security. And if BD raises its importance in the economic context, then you will find more bipartisan support for BD.

As far as security is concerned, AL is already trying to improve things, they have already said they will not allow BD to be used for anti-India activities. So things are on a mend here.

There is one issue-BNP.

They are a decidedly Islamist party which tries to undo absolutely anything or any deal that might be good for India. It takes steps that actually harm India. They are in cahoots with the Islamic militants, they are not in favour of putting for trial even the war crime accused in the Liberation War of BD. Indo-BD relations take a nose dive whenever BNP comes to power. They were in power when India actually started accusing BD of helping the insurgents in NE India in collusion with ISI.

What to do about that mate?

We would like to see something mutual from indian side as well !!
We have waited for last 38 yrs already - in Vain !!

Will india ever stop killing poor BD farmers across by BSF and Awami league ever take that issue -- Not in my life time. Or stop supporting
Chittagong Hills tracts insurgent -- No !!

I think you folks are way off tangent here. This thread is to discuss BA, its capabilities, growth, organization etc. Please open up a different thread to discuss the geo-politics of BD. This thread should be left as a reference specifically for discussing the BD Army. Nothing else. BD-India or BD-Pakistan relations do not fall under this thread.

I had made this thread a sticky to be used as a reference. If more than half the posts will be about the political aspects and foreign relations then this thread is not serving the purpose for which it is intended. I believe this goes for all three, the PA, IA and BA ones that Fatman had started and posted a lot of material on.

Thank you.

Last edited:
few days back i heard govt going to buy SU-30 fighter jet from russia . any further news on this regard ?

few days back i heard govt going to buy SU-30 fighter jet from russia . any further news on this regard ?

not yet confirmed. But the govt is very likely to choose one of the following:

1) J-10
2) Su-27 or Su-30
2) JF-17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom