What's new

World Armies - Bangladesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is really pitty to see BD army in such a bad shape!!!!
I dont think this army with this kind of equipment can even put up a fight against any army in the world... :hitwall:

Blain2 you might want to check the IA and PA threads - they are not "sticky" as of today.
Thanks!:enjoy:

I was a little late in getting to that. I believe all three of your threads are now sticky as they should be ;)

This is really pitty to see BD army in such a bad shape!!!!
I dont think this army with this kind of equipment can even put up a fight against any army in the world... :hitwall:
And the insult to the injury is that its member's main goal to get rich by becoming mercenaries of UN. Furthermore, its top brass's transformation as 'Intellectual cowards' by giving up 'Fighting sprit' and 'Army ethos' has brought our country to the nadir of destruction.

Thirty years ago Ershad (Being one of most notorious RAW agents) had initiated such cowardice ness in it and MUA being 'Paler Guda' made the head way to implement RAW's ultimate goal, I.E never let to invigorate Bangladeshi Muslim's muscles. This is the most worthless army as its 'Officer corps' hasn't put a minimal-fight against BDR jawans, which is the fundamental/basic rule of any military forces of the world. OTH, its imbecility has reached to a point that it is asking for a fight against Myanmar. If it takes place then it will be warranting death sentences of these peskies. We need to start a clean up process in it ASAP otherwise we don't have any chance to put up minimal fight against Indian demand like giving up Talpatti and not protesting against building Tipaimukh dam, thanks.

Last edited:
And the insult to the injury is that its member's main goal to get rich by becoming mercenaries of UN. Furthermore, its top brass's transformation as 'Intellectual cowards' by giving up 'Fighting sprit' and 'Army ethos' has brought our country to the nadir of destruction.

Thirty years ago Ershad (Being one of most notorious RAW agents) had initiated such cowardice ness in it and MUA being 'Paler Guda' made the head way to implement RAW's ultimate goal, I.E never let to invigorate Bangladeshi Muslim's muscles. This is the most worthless army as its 'Officer corps' hasn't put a minimal-fight against BDR jawans, which is the fundamental/basic rule of any military forces of the world. OTH, its imbecility has reached to a point that it is asking for a fight against Myanmar. If it takes place then it will be warranting death sentences of these peskies. We need to start a clean up process in it ASAP otherwise we don't have any chance to put up minimal fight against Indian demand like giving up Talpatti and not protesting against building Tipaimukh dam, thanks.

i see you guys got dam problems too - the next wars on the sub-continent will be on the control of water - and india is way ahead in its planning viz-a-vie BD and Pak.! food for thought!:pop:

dude, would you shut up?? the army didnt carry out operation just cause they were not ordered to you dumb***!! and is this how you represent your country and military?? seems like you have registered in this forum with an evil intention, demoting your own country.........
shame on you m saint!!

"The only issues are illegal cross border raids by drunk BSF troops which are dealt with by BDR, few small village disputes on the border, dam embankments on major rivers on Indian side(violating international laws) that flow through Bangladesh and unfair trade disparity. Use of force is not going to solve any of those problems..."

Good observations. But you do realize that countries have gone to war for less. These are some issues as it is, and even if BD does not want to provoke a conflict, what indications do we have that India might not want to do the same? Certainly this Janes report indicates that should IA decide to, they won't have much trouble elbowing the BD military aside and taking whatever village, river, etc they want. Or maybe even a full scale invasion as a way of displaying Indian 'military muscle' to the world. So my point being, do we know that BD is serious in preventing such a situation and dissuading the Indians from pursing such adventurism. Like I said, this report suggests that BD is not serious when it comes to this sort of strategic defiance. Thus my question, is it true?

"One thing you have to remember Bangladesh army hardly gets the financial help that Pakistan army gets from USA..."

This is a serious misconception on your part. The Pakistan Army has been getting financial facilitation from America in ways designed to increase our unconventional capacity, not for full-scale war against India. In fact Washington's quite 'concerned', even paranoid when it comes to the potential for their aid being used to strengthen Pakistan's military position against India. Also the Americans are hardly the ones to stick around Pakistan, they've been there for us at times when it suited them but most of the time we were on our own, or under sanctions from the very same US. As it is the finances you’re referring to, and these only started since Musharraf, are barely 20% of what Pakistan spent in her own defense in that time. And even out of this 20%, most of the money is spent as reimbursement for the financial and material costs of sustaining a costly, not-India-related conflict in that west which is a direct result of the US presence in the region anyway. The rest is arguably spent enhancing our CT capacity which is useless against an Indian assault.

So to suggest that Pakistan stands up to India only because of American ‘backing’ is completely incorrect. Most analysts estimate that a war within the expected timeframe between India and Pakistan will most probably result in a draw, in the ground war at least with Pakistan not only being able to withstand Indian thrusts but also counterattacking and seizing tactically, not strategically, vital territory. This is not even including the use of nukes. However the case with BD does not have to be the exact same level of military balance, it is the culture of defiance that I’m asking about. Where, when and how BD gets the required goodies from is secondary to this existence of the desire. But is this want there or is everyone busy with their pitiful political games?

”And you said "BD is a poor country"... East Pakistan's GDP was higher than West Pakistan's in 1970. well Bangladesh formed in 1971 with most of its state capital held in Pakistan's national bank in Karachi, which never came back. Jute price fell in the 70's. Bangladesh do not get as much donation as Pakistan gets from USA, Saudi, China and other allies. Bangladesh is having an acceleration in its economy even in this recession. Pakistan's economy is probably in the worst shape out of all SAARC countries right now, in terms of economic growth. Throughout 1947 to 1971, most of the money Bangladesh created were used for the industrialization in the West Pakistan. It literally had to begin from scratch since 1971 with 70 million hungry mouth to feed, destroyed communication infrastructure, 3 million killed, 2-4 hundred thousand raped and 5 years of isolation from Arab leaue, Saudi, USA and China...”

Let’s not get into this dirty and pointless debate about Pakistan ‘stealing’ BD money and killing ‘3 million’ and “raping 2-4 hundred thousand people”, etc. The bottom line is that it’s been almost half a century, you can’t blame your country’s situation on Pakistan anymore especially if you consider BD to have been so productive and rich. I’m not trying to belittle BD when I say that BD has been reliant on foreign aid for decades, only that I understand the situation can be considered unfavorable to territorial assertion. Stick to the issue without being sensitive please. Pakistan’s economic position has hardly ever been a rival to India’s either, but we’re still here despite ample Indian hostility. So will BD be able to resist if India decides to assert itself in away unacceptable to the majority of Bengladeshi people? Or is that something most BDs don’t care about and consider a futile waste of time?

Thanks.

Last edited:
The defence need for Pakistan and BD is completely different even though we take India as a hostile power in this region. BD due it its geographical location cant withstand any Indian conventional attack as it does not have a Afgan and Iranian backyard which Pakistan enjoys. Again BD is not as easy as many Indians might think due to its extraordinary patriotic population. You believe it or not 90% of the people in this country thinks they will have to response to the call if there were a war. This is natural for any country which came into existence through a bloody war and through the participation of mass people. You will find every other familly here who were involved in freedom fight in one way or other. So if there were a war with India which is a remote possibility and which will be one of the bloodiest conflict in recent history. Also India will loose whole of its eastern territory as other people who were struggling for freedom for too long now will find BD as one of their allies and join hand. Also BD fighters will spread all over India like swine flue.....
Invasion in BD means there will be no more India as you see now.

Thanks

Um, is it necessary for India and BD to be hostile? Or is it necessary for BD to have the military capability to deny an Indian advantage if war is 'thrust' by India?

I mean diplomatic relations between two countries decide on the threat perception of that country and by an extension its military capability current or desired.

India and Bangladesh dont have that threat perception of each other to warrant military buildup specific to each other, while India-Pakistan and India-China do.

Um, is it necessary for India and BD to be hostile? Or is it necessary for BD to have the military capability to deny an Indian advantage if war is 'thrust' by India?

I mean diplomatic relations between two countries decide on the threat perception of that country and by an extension its military capability current or desired.

India and Bangladesh dont have that threat perception of each other to warrant military buildup specific to each other, while India-Pakistan and India-China do.

I know India has a policy of not provoking BD to build up its military or to take India as a threat. I commend India for not bringing troops to border after 1971 and they never conducted any military excercise targeting BD border or water.
But scenario could change anytime as too many players controls too many things in India and BD cant afford to just sit idle and always hope for the best.

I know India has a policy of not provoking BD to build up its military or to take India as a threat. I commend India for not bringing troops to border after 1971 and they never conducted any military excercise targeting BD border or water.
But scenario could change anytime as too many players controls too many things in India and BD cant afford to just sit idle and always hope for the best.

They Key then is to ensure Bipartisan support for each other in both BD and India. India and BD both have two main political parties regardless of the regional players. In India its the Congress and BJP, while for BD, its AL and BNP.

While you will find a broad support for BD in both Congress and BJP, its the BNP that causes problems for India. Allowing greater trade between India and BD would make both Congress and BJP further be accomodative of BD concerns on various issues. One thing is certain, both Congress and BJP understand numbers and economy. Both know, their future depends on two factors-economy and security. And if BD raises its importance in the economic context, then you will find more bipartisan support for BD.

As far as security is concerned, AL is already trying to improve things, they have already said they will not allow BD to be used for anti-India activities. So things are on a mend here.

There is one issue-BNP.

They are a decidedly Islamist party which tries to undo absolutely anything or any deal that might be good for India. It takes steps that actually harm India. They are in cahoots with the Islamic militants, they are not in favour of putting for trial even the war crime accused in the Liberation War of BD. Indo-BD relations take a nose dive whenever BNP comes to power. They were in power when India actually started accusing BD of helping the insurgents in NE India in collusion with ISI.

What to do about that mate?

The fact is, the relation between India and Bangladesh is one of the bests in south asia right now. Bangladesh knows there is no point in provoking India and Bangladesh holds a defensive stance while making sure all kind of national integrity is upheld while India is hopefully smart enough to know that poking Bangladesh will bring no good for them and it will be a massive waste of their money and a disaster to their strategic interest. One might be thinking with this Bangladesh armed forces, India will occupy Bangladesh like USA has occupied Iraq but it is a totally different scenerio in case of war. Bangladesh has successfully defeated Pakistan Army when she was known as East Pakistan, with the support of her people and Bangladeshi population is politically educated enough to repel any direct foreign invasion on any day. The present Bangladesh army personnel number of 250,000+ is close to enough; all it needs is bit more modernization.

Last edited:
Equipment In Service
Artillery
Type.................Manufacturer.....Role..........Original Total
105mm Model 56P.n/a...................Howitzer....30
105mm M101........n/a...................Howitzer....40
122mm Type 54.....n/a..................Howitzer.....20
130mm Type 59.....n/a..................Medium Gun.35
122mm Type 83.....n/a..................MRL.............6

Does Bangladesh not have the Chinese built self propelled 155 mm PLZ-45?

The fact is, the relation between India and Bangladesh is one of the bests in south asia right now. Bangladesh knows there is no point in provoking India and Bangladesh holds a defensive stance while making sure all kind of national integrity is upheld while India is hopefully smart enough to know that poking Bangladesh will bring no good for them and it will be a massive waste of their money and a disaster to their strategic interest. One might be thinking with this Bangladesh armed forces, India will occupy Bangladesh like USA has occupied Iraq but it is a totally different scenerio in case of war. Bangladesh has successfully defeated Pakistan Army when she was known as East Pakistan, with the support of her people and Bangladeshi population is politically educated enough to repel any direct foreign invasion on any day. The present Bangladesh army personnel number of 250,000+ is close to enough; all it needs is bit more modernization.

mate we got 1 million 400thousand ansar soldeirs

strictly speaking in non-religious terms...Bangladesh has more things in common with India than it has with Pakistan....so regardless of the realistic picture...if say india and Bd wanted to establish cordial relations...it wont be that hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom