What's new

‘Will build our own fighter jets’: PM Hasina

You haven't heard the latest. We make motorcycles already. Next step jet fighter, soon!

f7b009c2a6d0a155acd09a3d14426b5a.jpg

Absolutely..... utterly embarrassing......but really BAL has no shame....i think 3 years have passed....have they taken any step to prevent repetition..... well yes... they have bought some radars so we will know exactly how much others intrude into BD.... can we do anything about it.....NO....absolutely nothing.... but never fear we have set up an aviation university through which we will produce our very own fighter jet!!!!
Unbelievable hubris and dereliction of duty....this is what i guess happens when you have unelected government that is not answerable to the populace.
Don’t worry we will build chetona bongojet that will beat f22

Don’t worry we will build chetona bongojet that will beat f22
Yes, particularly the dual-seat Chetona Bongojet Type BB Block 71 (NATO reporting name: Super aBAL)
It will feature advanced Active Electronically Scanning for Razakars (AESR) radars capable of guiding League-to-Dal missiles Beyond Chetona Range (BCR).

Last edited:
This is an excuse from Hasina to buy new fighter jet. It seems she read my previous post here suggesting Bangladesh rather use their money to build its own aerospace industry rather than using it to buy new and capable fighter.

This mean you are not going to see new fighter jet at least for another 5 years and she instead want to use the money for building aerospace industry, and since Bangladesh follows Pakistan steps by making both Aerospace University and possible Aerospace company under Air Force, so the money will be taken from Air Force budget.

This is an excuse from Hasina to buy new fighter jet. It seems she read my previous post here suggesting Bangladesh rather use their money to build its own aerospace industry rather than using it to buy new and capable fighter.

This mean you are not going to see new fighter jet at least for another 5 years and she instead want to use the money for building aerospace industry, and since Bangladesh follows Pakistan steps by making both Aerospace University and possible Aerospace company under Air Force, so the money will be taken from Air Force budget.
All she said was "We hope BAC makes fighter jets one day". That is it. Nothing to do with importing fighters in the near future.

People are sincere in developing countries. They do the works first and then claim.

In the case of BD, people start claiming something that cannot be materialized by our insincere population led by stupid Hasina/Khaleda.

Still I guess its nice to have goals....

It turns out to be quite big, it can be a decent fighter for Bangladesh if it is equipped with decent avionics and able to launch AMRAAM C 7.

1614144243357.png

good question - if you are going to maintain an air force you might as well try to build it

That's no business case Nathu.

Bangladesh should invest in the sea. This is something they would excel in. Japanese can convince them that Naval necessities cannot be ignored. Turkey may help them get things started. They can make sea going airplanes while maintaining the required operational capabilities up north through off the shelf solutions.

I think Hasina speaks a different dialect of Bengali and hence the confusion.

Yes, particularly the dual-seat Chetona Bongojet Type BB Block 71 (NATO reporting name: Super aBAL)
It will feature advanced Active Electronically Scanning for Razakars (AESR) radars capable of guiding League-to-Dal missiles Beyond Chetona Range (BCR).
Epic !Post of this month!

People are sincere in developing countries. They do the works first and then claim.

In the case of BD, people start claiming something that cannot be materialized by our insincere population led by stupid Hasina/Khaleda.

I agree with you mostly. However would also say unless you vocalise a vision nothing will happen.

Credit where its due she said BN would be three dimensional force...it is... i criticise some aspect but she has made it a reality...

Padma Bridge.... her will alone....

On the other side....BD is a one party state...her will alone...

On balance do not like BAL but she is an effective leader. If she paves way to effective next generation of leaders peacefully she will cement her position as the most effective leader the nation has ever produced.

All the best, only thing i will say is that to learn please do not look at your so called friends who have been trying for 40 years to create a so called plane which moves 90% on top of a truck

BD should work with Turkey to manufacture combat drones, instead. A lot of Turkish defense industry representatives have been visiting BD, lately. AI based combat drones will be ruling the sky in the future by replacing aircrafts with human pilots.

Back
Top Bottom