What's new

Why do Asians have double standards for themselves?

Nobody considers East Asians inferior. They are considered superior if anything.
The attitude Japanese, Chinese, Koreans etc have towards Africans, South Asians, Southeast Asians, Middle Easterners and other groups is far more discriminatory than Western attitudes towards East Asians. In these countries race and nationality are inherently bound together in a highly ethnocentric way which isn't the case any more in Europe and North America

Wow....you said it all Bros. Couldn't agree more with you. The truth is that east asians are rather racist/look down on blacks,Africans, even on south asians and other poorer south east asian countries etc. Their attitude as you said is wayyyyyy more discriminatory towards these groups than anything we westerners have against east asiansasians. So before they start blaming the 'evil/racist' west , they have to first introspect among themelves deeply. After all, despite what many say, we are still the most welcoming/tolerant region/people compared to East Asians who regard their nation as a single race, any other races who fall outside that is unacceptable to them. How many foreigners have you seen who hold high positions in Chinese, Japanese, Korean governments? No matter how skilful, smart, hard working, intelligent, innovative etc you are, you will never get any high ranking post in their government noe will you ever be considered to be part of them. I'm sure if Barack Obama was living/grew up(he partly though) in east Asia, he will never have been even a little local government official much less president. Lool:lol:Lool

In shORT east Asians are more racist/resentful towards others than us, they look and respect only western/whites (simply because we have been quite advanced/powerful/dominant for so long). I don't even want to mention Russian s, since they are even more racists towards others especially towards blacks, and central asians/south asians(I personally know this), so senheiser I recommended you shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:D

One more: Why are Chinese usually the ones to point out hypocrisy and bias, while other Asians remain silent in the face of offense?
well, we do have this 'we don't care what you say, we Chinese are glorious people' mentality.
no one can beat us in pride in history and culture (and food!). no one.
Wow....you said it all Bros. Couldn't agree more with you. The truth is that east asians are rather racist/look down on blacks,Africans, even on south asians and other poorer south east asian countries etc. Their attitude as you said is wayyyyyy more discriminatory towards these groups than anything we westerners have against east asiansasians. So before they start blaming the 'evil/racist' west , they have to first introspect among themelves deeply. After all, despite what many say, we are still the most welcoming/tolerant region/people compared to East Asians who regard their nation as a single race, any other races who fall outside that is unacceptable to them. How many foreigners have you seen who hold high positions in Chinese, Japanese, Korean governments? No matter how skilful, smart, hard working, intelligent, innovative etc you are, you will never get any high ranking post in their government noe will you ever be considered to be part of them. I'm sure if Barack Obama was living/grew up(he partly though) in east Asia, he will never have been even a little local government official much less president. Lool:lol:Lool

In shORT east Asians are more racist/resentful towards others than us, they look and respect only western/whites (simply because we have been quite advanced/powerful/dominant for so long). I don't even want to mention Russian s, since they are even more racists towards others especially towards blacks, and central asians/south asians(I personally know this), so senheiser I recommended you shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:D
now i see why Chinese members here attack you. GJ for role playing the evil colonial Brit. :lol:

Why are you grinning and bouncing about ? You find it amusing? The point I'm trying to make and I'm sure @FairAndUnbiased posits the same is this --- people need to have more self confidence of their own. Why over-glorify a foreign culture ?

Let me give a personal anecdote. There's a woman who works in my University's Department of Psychology, she's one of the administrative assistants at work, a woman who's originally from Russia. There's never a day when I'm at work that she doesn't tell me about news about what's going in Russia (and yes i do like to talk to her because she's quite well-read in things international ). This woman -- is proud of her Russian background, and even defends what Russia is doing -- in Europe , it may not be a popular position -- in context to the American position -- but she nevertheless defends it. I like this woman, she has spunk and definitely is proud of her origin, despite her living and working in the 'states.

For me, doesn't matter if the person is from Zimbabwe, Mexico or what not. At least have some sense of confidence.

I seen his points, I don't agree with them, why do I make the threads I do, because America, and UK and France and all them boys as a NATION is superior to China. They should look at Chian more closely, but they don't have to, that's their right as the reigning Champ.

As they say in boxing, you can't beat a champ by scorecards, you need a knockout.

I am confident, in that we will rise, but to say we are equal right now is just, when at just 1/4 of the population, America is almost double our GDP, when they can destroy any nation just because they feel like it, they have more bases and airfields outside of US than China has inside.

Confident is fine, but at some point, that confidence is wrong and ignorant. In school, teachers tell people everyone is the same we are all special in different ways. True, we are special in different ways, but it just so happens so are special in more useful ways.

The global standard is wealth, prestige, freedom, and security, these things are the most important aspects. You can change society, if you have all of that, but at that point, you wouldn't want to.

Russia is not a good example, they were never rich, but they were one of two super power, they satisfied that prestige part, which can sometimes give the illusion of the other things.

Being confident and being ignorant can sometime seem very similar, you should have seen enough examples on this site by now.

I seen his points, I don't agree with them, why do I make the threads I do, because America, and UK and France and all them boys as a NATION is superior to China. They should look at Chian more closely, but they don't have to, that's their right as the reigning Champ.

As they say in boxing, you can't beat a champ by scorecards, you need a knockout.

I am confident, in that we will rise, but to say we are equal right now is just, when at just 1/4 of the population, America is almost double our GDP, when they can destroy any nation just because they feel like it, they have more bases and airfields outside of US than China has inside.

Confident is fine, but at some point, that confidence is wrong and ignorant. In school, teachers tell people everyone is the same we are all special in different ways. True, we are special in different ways, but it just so happens so are special in more useful ways.

The global standard is wealth, prestige, freedom, and security, these things are the most important aspects. You can change society, if you have all of that, but at that point, you wouldn't want to.

Russia is not a good example, they were never rich, but they were one of two super power, they satisfied that prestige part, which can sometimes give the illusion of the other things.

Being confident and being ignorant can sometime seem very similar, you should have seen enough examples on this site by now.

The gist that I'm getting from your post is that -- its okay to have constructive criticism on oneself -- in the end it leads to improvement, am i right ?

Mike, but the reality (yes i said reality) is that the East Asian are the ugliest people on the planet. They would eat anything that crawl. So they judge other people and put them down to lift up their ego to feel good about themselves.

@Genesis , @FairAndUnbiased , @AgentOrange , @TaiShang -- now this is an example of the antithesis of 'constructive criticism', this is more so Destructive Criticism , a typical Troll Post.

The gist that I'm getting from your post is that -- its okay to have constructive criticism on oneself -- in the end it leads to improvement, am i right ?

Of course, while a lot of people laugh at our efforts in searching for the Malaysian plane, I took it as a good sign. We took to the challenge, got exposed, and now we know exactly what needs to be done to improve.

Gulf war was an example, just because PLA was confident, doesn't mean America can't stamp you until you scream uncle.

Instead, the war, exposed Chinese thinking, and lead to the world's fastest improving economy and military.

Be confident you can improve. You can always improve, the moment, you say you are good is the moment you turn full moron.

Of course, while a lot of people laugh at our efforts in searching for the Malaysian plane, I took it as a good sign. We took to the challenge, got exposed, and now we know exactly what needs to be done to improve.

Gulf war was an example, just because PLA was confident, doesn't mean America can't stamp you until you scream uncle.

Instead, the war, exposed Chinese thinking, and lead to the world's fastest improving economy and military.

Be confident you can improve. You can always improve, the moment, you say you are good is the moment you turn full moron.

Very well said! We have a word for this in Japanese -- 改善 -- Kaizen. It means "Continuous Self Improvement". This is what makes East Asians adept and responding to any environment, its because we have this concept of taking a lesson in past foibles. We consider 'mistakes' as a learning opportunity tool.

Others, of course, are too fatalistic. Tsk.

Take it easy buddy, I'm someone who always smiles/don't take things too seriously. Well I believe you should never take life too seriously, since nobody comes out alive anyway. Lol so chilax.:D
I was just pointing out that what the poster of this thread said is correct, though I'm sure of I was the one who posted such a thread, I will be labeled/called all sorts of names by Chinese and other members on here. Lool Good its a Chinese member himself who posted this. Its always better to face HP to a social problem, than always blaming outsiders and avoiding the real root of the problem(which many people always do). In this regard, I salute the the poster of this thread, seems you really deserve your name. :enjoy: Not many members here can e bold enough to post such a thread regarding them. So kudos to you :cheers:

As for answers about this phenomenon, to be honest, I don't really have an explanation for this, maybe its due to historical factors?:what:

Welcome back senheiser, been a while we haven't been seeing you and your Russian friends on here. They suddenly disappeared, meanwhile we have all been having some interesting discussion involving Russia. :D
He cant tell you anything about Russia since he isnt Russian at all
(Neither understands nor speaks Russian)

Very well said! We have a word for this in Japanese -- 改善 -- Kaizen. It means "Continuous Self Improvement". This is what makes East Asians adept and responding to any environment, its because we have this concept of taking a lesson in past foibles. We consider 'mistakes' as a learning opportunity tool.

Others, of course, are too fatalistic. Tsk.
The Kaizen principle is used in most german companies to improve the production and management.

Actually the people of Hong Kong seem to have only one standard: Their masters are always right. Always obey them.

Think about it, they were ruled by the British for 156 years and never demanded to elect their own leaders. In their own words, being able to elect their own leaders is their born right, their livelihood. And if they could give that up for 156 years, what's the big deal letting their masters eat on a train:rolleyes1:

Actually the people of Hong Kong seem to have only one standard: Their masters are always right. Always obey.

Think about it, they were ruled by the British for 156 years and never demanded to elect their own leaders. In their own words, being able to elect their own leaders is their born right, their livelihood. And if they could give that up for 156 years, what's the big deal letting their masters eat on a train:rolleyes1:

Loool your last sentence is funny. :D

Very interesting thread @FairAndUnbiased , before I contribute, I would like to reiterate what the United States' foreign policy makers used to refer to East Asians in days long past, "The Yellow Peril". Perhaps we should study the reasons for this fear and mistrust of East Asians in general. No doubt Western media's stereotypical portrayal of East Asians has only reinforced this subjectivity onto East Asians living in the West.

I guess we won't mind the mistrust as, ideally, we should not be in the position of begging for their trust. We should be in the position of strength and self-confidence. "Yellow Peril" still reflects (legitimate or not) a real fear, which is preferable over being belittled, ridiculed or abused.

Let me give a personal anecdote. There's a woman who works in my University's Department of Psychology, she's one of the administrative assistants at work, a woman who's originally from Russia. There's never a day when I'm at work that she doesn't tell me about news about what's going in Russia (and yes i do like to talk to her because she's quite well-read in things international ). This woman -- is proud of her Russian background, and even defends what Russia is doing -- in Europe , it may not be a popular position -- in context to the American position -- but she nevertheless defends it. I like this woman, she has spunk and definitely is proud of her origin, despite her living and working in the 'states.

I guess that (a healthy dose of arrogance) is what separates a great power from a pushover. Russia's national account might not be perfect, but, it has that essence to move and and keep dignity. Now, in the case of China, Japan or other East Asian nations, we may be rich or poor, but, as @FairAndUnbiased , proves, there is a sense of a lack of confidence.

I like it when I read news about the "arrogant" or "aggressive" Chinese, which must be part of the national psyche in East Asia, to be only complemented by wisdom, patience and prudence. People must respect is not because we are extremely good and humble, but because we are strong and good.

Many people in HK and Taiwan are heavily westernized, so it needs more time to get back.

A thorough change of understanding is needed in Taiwan. It starts with the media and politicians and trickle down to the general population. I find people just too submissive to the West.

If China is to lead the pack and derive confidence and a healthy dose of arrogance from its material strength, the politics and media must first reflect those traits. With Mr. Xi as President, I see China's politics to be confident and strong, taking action when necessary irrespective of what others might think or feel.

I think people should stop lumping things into generalizations.

For instance I have dealt with some (white) Russians who have serious superiority complexes.

Stealth bomber...you'll never get that ridiculous wing to fly straight.
Fusion...nobody but us Russian's will ever figure it out...because NOBODY else is smart enough,
Scramjet...with regular fuel...for planes...yeah right...your scientists aren't smart enough...we Russians will figure it out before you...with only 1/1000 the cost.

Oddly they dont seem to be putting all that massive brainpower they have towards having decent jobs over here (..and I guess back over there too).

Anyways there is always somebody who thinks they are better than you...no matter who you are.

As for the train videos...that seems to be more of a reaction of resentment of a resident of Hong Kong towards Mainlanders. He was just looking for a lame excuse to vent.

I'm sure America did its share of British worshiping in the past too. So don't lump it into a "White man" thing.

BTW James Bond only works because he's a sophisticated British gentleman who looks good in a suit (at least Sean Connery). You really think an American can pull it off?

Last edited:
Very interesting thread @FairAndUnbiased , before I contribute, I would like to reiterate what the United States' foreign policy makers used to refer to East Asians in days long past, "The Yellow Peril". Perhaps we should study the reasons for this fear and mistrust of East Asians in general. No doubt Western media's stereotypical portrayal of East Asians has only reinforced this subjectivity onto East Asians living in the West.
I think this term/fear was created by Western country to dehumanize Asian people thus justify their actions during 1800s such as the Opium war, it may start with events such as Boxer Rebellion where "innocent" Westerners were attacked in China. Not sure if similar events

@Genesis , @FairAndUnbiased , @AgentOrange , @TaiShang -- now this is an example of the antithesis of 'constructive criticism', this is more so Destructive Criticism , a typical Troll Post.

Irony being that Frequency is an ethnic Viet. He has internalized so much hatred and he loathes himself so much he can barely function. Notice how he specified "East" Asian? Oh but not South East Asians such as Viets, of course. Short, malnourished Viets averaging 80 pounds soaking wet - now there's the epitome of beauty. It'd be funny if he wasn't serious. But It's really sad, actually. I feel bad for the guy to be honest. :disagree:

Last edited:
Hey wasn't it in singapore when an american got lashed for vandalism?

Back
Top Bottom