What's new

Why do Asians have double standards for themselves?

CFJUL1Z.png

Why do many overseas East Asians either lack confidence in themselves or only gain confidence after abandoning their own culture (there's examples on this very forum).

Why do many East Asians lack the confidence to stand up to foreigners committing supposed offenses right in front of their faces, but have no such hesitation to display extreme hostility and outrage towards other East Asians for the same or lesser offenses

Why do many East Asians apologize as a collective for the actions of one (http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/18/world/asia/18cnd-korea.html?_r=1&), but always actively make excuses for foreigners and say they're individuals? (too many examples to list)

Why do many East Asians encourage other people to learn their language even if they struggle, while the globalized media makes fun of East Asian accents despite equal or greater effort?

One more: Why are Chinese usually the ones to point out hypocrisy and bias, while other Asians remain silent in the face of offense?

These are tough questions both to ask and to answer. Nobody wants to ask these uncomfortable questions because they force people to introspect their own values and how they treat others. They are uncomfortable to answer because they may reveal one's own hypocrisy or lack of confidence. But I think these are important questions to ask.

I have a hypothesis, but let's first see what you guys think.
A brilliant post, and it is important for me to add that it is not just East Asians but also South Asians who suffer from this.

This sense of inferiority has been embedded for the last 3 centuries the Western civilization has been dominating in every sphere - popular culture to technology to innovation to academics to military. and in many cases being colonized by them in part or in full.

I am of the opinion that as our societies develop more and we reach western standards and our culture exports become more and more, this sense of inferiority will lessen and eventually get removed altogether.

It will take another century for us (lesser for East Asians) to reach the same level and start the same exports.

Note: When I say East Asians, I mean primarily the Chinese, as they are the flag bearers of the East Asians. Japanese could have done it being developed for a long time, but they are limited by their population and geographical size.

When I say South Asians, I primarily mean Indians, as they are flag bearers of South Asians.

That's why we are the only worthy opponent for the US.

As for other lesser Asian nations, being Chinese should be considered as their honor.

Being an anti-China champion won't make their white master loves them more, since they are also a 'Chink' in its eyes.

What do you even define as "Asian" only the Eastern ones like Chinese,Koreans and Japanese?
Also i never saw those "Beta" males in Real life neither in Germany nor in anyother country i visited.

What do you even define as "Asian" only the Eastern ones like Chinese,Koreans and Japanese?
Also i never saw those "Beta" males in Real life neither in Germany nor in anyother country i visited.

Nope there's Southeast Asians too.

There's also alot of Indian and Pakistani examples too, but since this is a South Asian forum, I didn't want to draw in the trolls.

Why do many overseas East Asians either lack confidence in themselves or only gain confidence after abandoning their own culture (there's examples on this very forum).

Why do many East Asians lack the confidence to stand up to foreigners committing supposed offenses right in front of their faces, but have no such hesitation to display extreme hostility and outrage towards other East Asians for the same or lesser offenses

Why do many East Asians apologize as a collective for the actions of one (http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/18/world/asia/18cnd-korea.html?_r=1&), but always actively make excuses for foreigners and say they're individuals? (too many examples to list)

Why do many East Asians encourage other people to learn their language even if they struggle, while the globalized media makes fun of East Asian accents despite equal or greater effort?

One more: Why are Chinese usually the ones to point out hypocrisy and bias, while other Asians remain silent in the face of offense?

These are tough questions both to ask and to answer. Nobody wants to ask these uncomfortable questions because they force people to introspect their own values and how they treat others. They are uncomfortable to answer because they may reveal one's own hypocrisy or lack of confidence. But I think these are important questions to ask.

i think i have double standard too.
I hate USA/western countries :mad:
but.. but I like hollywood hot chicks :man_in_love:

:ashamed::ashamed::ashamed:

Wow....you said it all Bros. Couldn't agree more with you. The truth is that east asians are rather racist/look down on blacks,Africans, even on south asians and other poorer south east asian countries etc. Their attitude as you said is wayyyyyy more discriminatory towards these groups than anything we westerners have against east asiansasians. So before they start blaming the 'evil/racist' west , they have to first introspect among themelves deeply. After all, despite what many say, we are still the most welcoming/tolerant region/people compared to East Asians who regard their nation as a single race, any other races who fall outside that is unacceptable to them. How many foreigners have you seen who hold high positions in Chinese, Japanese, Korean governments? No matter how skilful, smart, hard working, intelligent, innovative etc you are, you will never get any high ranking post in their government noe will you ever be considered to be part of them. I'm sure if Barack Obama was living/grew up(he partly though) in east Asia, he will never have been even a little local government official much less president. Lool:lol:Lool

In shORT east Asians are more racist/resentful towards others than us, they look and respect only western/whites (simply because we have been quite advanced/powerful/dominant for so long). I don't even want to mention Russian s, since they are even more racists towards others especially towards blacks, and central asians/south asians(I personally know this), so senheiser I recommended you shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:D
The reason Obama if living in east Asia will never succeed is because he is a dumb **** not because he's black. Plus there's no affirmative action like the stupid west that put dumb people as leaders to meet gender and racial quotas. That's why we strive and UK is going downhill.

humbleness is not self-contemptuous, modesty is not passive.
闻过而终礼,知耻而后勇
Being humble is great, I believe that but when someone is trying to step in you, you have to stand up or you will seem to be weak in the west.

Being humble is great, I believe that but when someone is trying to step in you, you have to stand up or you will seem to be weak in the west.

humbleness doesnot exclude acting or reacting fiercely, what we chase is properly doing.

不偏之谓中,不易之谓庸, 所谓中庸, 即因时制宜、因物制宜、因事制宜、因地制宜
positiveness and passiveness are all not good, just doing it properly; not being affected by the outside, do what you ought to do.

it is hard to explain Chinese culture in english,not easy to find single suitble vocabulary to describe a Chinese vocabulary .

Among all Chinese members here, only @Kolaps who speak the truth.

Only @Kolaps who love China from deep in her heart.

Seeing China as it is, untainted.

The rest of Chinese members here are FAKE and TRAITOROUS!!!

Exactly like the videos above!

Back
Top Bottom