What's new

Which Khan is most "Pakistani"

Which Khan do Pakistanis think of as most "Pakistani" and relate to most?

• Total voters
Isn't it an Indian perception that B'wood Khans have soft corner for Pakistan to the extent of actually loving the country, that they(Khans) had bloodlines related to Pakistan with ancestors from this part of the world. Not just Khans but the whole Kapoor family got descent lineage from this part of the world.

And if you take Bollywood as a separate entity, India has this 'no love lost' for Pakistan. It is more about Indians thinking of the Khans as Pakistanis than it is about Pakistanis wishing them to be Pakistanis...

Human sentiments are a complex thing, nothing constant about it, hence this perception and some reality about it.

I personally think Amir is a Pakistani trapped in India.

Cheers, Doc

Phir wahi baat...

Chalo acha teeno kay ghar jala do. Uske baad taj mahal girana

Khush raha karo larke
Bro why you think Pakistan was made to solve concern of Muslim population all over the world, none gives a damn.

I personally think Amir is a Pakistani trapped in India.

LOL, Amir Khan is like 'Touche'. Have heard him talking about intolerance and the rise of it in India not long ago. He seems to be very intelligent and a perfectionist as he is known for this trait.

Don't know about it many B'wood people lives in an alternate world, a dream like utopian, idealist, perfect world of light camera action, up close and personal is not that close enough for us to know about them.

LOL, Amir Khan is like 'Touche'. Have heard him talking about intolerance and the rise of it in India not long ago. He seems to be very intelligent and a perfectionist as he is known for this trait.

Don't know about it many B'wood people lives in an alternate world, a dream like utopian, idealist, perfect world of light camera action, up close and personal is not that close enough for us to know about them.

Not really bhai. In the right circles, you have access to the crowd without too much hassle.

Amir is intelligent. But yes. Most Indians recognize the streak in him.

I actually had him pegged quite a long time ago ...

When people were still taken in by his goody two shoes persona.

Cheers, Doc

Not really bhai. In the right circles, you have access to the crowd without too much hassle.

Amir is intelligent. But yes. Most Indians recognize the streak in him.

I actually had him pegged quite a long time ago ...

When people were still taken in by his goody two shoes persona.

The streak in him...right, must be the religious streak more than about the Pakistani streak, the anomaly of juxtaposing Indian Muslims as wannabe Pakistanis.

Pegged him as Pakistani?? It is actually quite natural for many Indian Muslims to have some sort of commonality with Pakistan, and strong detest for extreme fascist Hindutva brewing today, at the fringe though but making its presence felt.

Last edited:
This thread is epitome of what it feels like when a racist white supremacist tries talking with a colored man.

The streak in him...right, must be the religious streak more than about the Pakistani streak, the anomaly of juxtaposing Indian Muslims as wannabe Pakistanis.

Pegged him as Pakistani?? It is actually quite natural for many Indian Muslims to have some sort of commonality with Pakistan, and strong detest for extreme fascist Hindutva brewing today, on the fringe though but making its presence felt.

Yes absolutely. The particular religious streak in him that is common both on our side and on yours. Yours being untempered by any opposing force of course.

To us, what else is a Pakistani but an Indian Muslim who is now no longer Indian and can be freely hostile to India and its ancestral faith and culture?

Hence what I said. A Pakistani trapped in India.

This is of course my personal view.

On this thread I'm looking for yours.

Cheers, Doc

Yes absolutely. The particular religious streak in him that is common both on our side and on yours. Yours being untempered by any opposing force of course.

To us, what else is a Pakistani but an Indian Muslim who is now no longer Indian and can be freely hostile to India and its ancestral faith and culture?

Hence what I said. A Pakistani trapped in India.

This is of course my personal view.

On this thread I'm looking for yours.

Muslims in India in general, I concur, tends to love India as their ancestral home, with all that culture and language, history and heritage embedded in them, the Muslim heritage mostly and the common Hindu Muslim heritage as well, so they consider it their home, provided the secular credentials associated with India remains there intact.

This is a kind of double jeopardy for them now...talking about the rising extremism. If they start calling India home and start owning it, the Hindutva Sanghis will not like it...they are like 'no you have to be subservient' and mend your ways to make a living in India...like one of the Sanghi kingpin calling all Indians are Hindus in India...have to be. Threatening isn't it...

And when they start talking about the intolerance and saffron sanghis threatening tone and tenor, they are labelled as traitors, desh durohis, 'go back to Pakistan' vitriol...so this is a double jeopardy for them.

Caught between the rock and a hard place...

Last edited:
Muslims in India in general, I concur, tend to love India as their ancestral home, with all that culture and language, history and heritage embedded in them, the Muslim heritage mostly and the common Hindu Muslim heritage as well, so they consider it their home, provided the secular credentials associated with India remains there intact.

This is a kind of double jeopardy for them now...talking about the rising extremism. If they start calling India home and start owning it, the Hindutva Sanghis will not like it...they are like 'no you have to be subservient' and mend your ways to make a living in India...like one of the Sanghi kingpin calling all Indians are Hindus in India...have to be. Threatening isn't it...

And when they start talking about the intolerance and saffron sanghis threatening tone and tenor, they are labelled as traitors, desh durohis, 'go back to Pakistan' vitriol...so this is a double jeopardy for them.

Caught between the rock and a hard place...

What you say is certainly true for a (pretty large and currently very loud) Hindu fringe in India.

But this is 3 years old.

And Indians and our view of Islam and some Muslims is a lot older.

A large majority of non fringe India, mostly Hindus, would want to have and keep our Muslims as fellow Indians loyal to the country first and above all else.

No ifs. No buts. No shades of grey. No verbal calisthenics between what Islam says and what we as Indians want.

India first. Over everything else.

If not, then we see them as you.

Cheers, Doc

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom