What's new

When Niazis contested for throne of Delhi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only in central punjab maybe-35%, which include districts Gujrat, Gujrawala, Kasur, Narowal, Sialkot, Lahore, Faisalabad, Chiniot, Nankana Sahib, Okara, Vehari, Sheikhu Pura, Hafizabad, Sahiwal maybe i missed some other district. Overall in Punjab 20%, or at best 25%.

Edit: Jats only seem majority because most of land is owned by them. Even British census prove this, overall in population they are not majority.

Aren't Araaai's native to Punjaab? Majority who migrated to Pakistan were Araai's in 47.

Niazis and Khattaks were pumped by a Sayyid from Baghdad to cross river Indus and attack Gakhars. It seems they did succeed initially, but were later repelled by a Gakhar counter attack. Also I'm not sure why Abdali attacked Gakhars in Mianwali as their main chieftain, Sultan Muqarrab(Attock se Jhelum, Muqarrab Badshah) was allied with Abdali. After the Gakhar rule collapsed, the Awans from Talagang moved into Kalabagh and occupied it. Till this day, Mianwali east of Indus is called "Awankari". There's also a strong deal of hatred between Awans and Niazis in Mianwali.

"Hatred between Niazis and Awans in mianwali?" , it does not seem to be the case in recent elections where imran khan niazi was sharing dice with ayla malik (awan) quite happily,

ayla-malik.jpg
imran-khan-mianwali.jpg

"Hatred between Niazis and Awans in mianwali?" , it does not seem to be the case in recent elections where imran khan niazi was sharing dice with ayla malik (awan) quite happily,

ayla-malik.jpg
imran-khan-mianwali.jpg

This notion of hatred is ridiculous, doesn't even sound like political rivalry. Hatred is strong word.

We were talking about pakistani punjabi jatts only who are distinct from jaats living in neighboring parts of india. The indians love to paint everything with the same brush but it is not the case in pakistan, we seem to be more intelligent than indians who want to assimilate everything in their castes.

Sorry I have no idea what you mean

I don't know why Awans claim foreign ancestry. They are not recent phenomenon, just changed their origin claims. Dilip Kumar is also awan.

"However, there are those who attribute an indigenous origin to the Awan tribe; these include Alexander Cunningham, Harikishan Kaul, HK Gupta[15] and Professor Ahmed Hasan Dani. Alexander Cunningham looked upon the Awans as a higher Rajput clan.[16] He writes, " According to the Emperor Babar the Jud and the Janjuha were "two races descended from the same father, "[17] who from old times had been rulers of the hills between Nilab and Bhera, that is, of the salt range. "On one-half of the hill lived the Jud, and on the other half the Janjua." The Awans now occupy western half of these hills towards Nilab, and from all I could learn, they would appear to have been settled there for many centuries. They must therefore be the Jud of Baber's memoirs, for Jud was not the true name of the people, but was applied to them as the inhabitants of Mt' Sakeswar, which was called Jud by the Muhammadans on account of fancied resemblance to Mt. Jud, or Ararat in Armenia".[18] However he accepts that,"In the total absence of all written records, I have almost nothing to offer in favour of this identification, except its great probability."[19] According to Robert George Thomson, "General Cunningham's argument leads him to class the Awans as Rajputs and cousins of the Janjuas, and to represent them also as residents of three thousand years standing, this is almost certainly erroneous.[20]

Kaul was of the opinion that the tribe was of either Jat or Rajput origin, pointing to the fact that in Sanskrit, the term Awan means "defender" or "protector" and asserting that this title was awarded by surrounding tribes due to the Awans successfully defending their strongholds against aggression.[21] However it is also stated in Census of India, 1901, that "In the Salt-range Tract, however, the higher Rajput tribes, such as Janjua, are carefully excluded; and Jat means any Muhammadan cultivator of Hindu origin who is not aGakkhar, Pathan, Awan or Saiyad."[22]"

Some Awans definitely have qutab shahi arabic origins, but majority I believe is local to pothohar region.

Sorry I have no idea what you mean

I was drawing you attention that not all pakistanis jatts are related to indian jaats of haryana, rajashtan and western UP. There are only few common clans. The majority of pakistani jatt clans are quite distinct and do not have any representation among "jaats" found in neighboring indian states.

Aren't Araaai's native to Punjaab? Majority who migrated to Pakistan were Araai's in 47.

Some historians are of the view that Arains are the oldest layer of rural farmers in pakistani punjab and other farmer groups (jatts, gujjars etc. ) arrived later in punjab from neighboring areas.

Yep, in Pakistan Punjab jat population is 20%. Also in Sindh jats make 10-15% of population if i am not wrong.

Ironically most of the jatt clans (jamot) in sindh (their original ancestral land) consider themselves as baloch.

Last edited:
I heard before afghan war, most of Peshawaris spoke in Hindko. Also I think most peshawari hindkowans are awans. A lot of hindkowans from Abbottabad and Kohat are also awans. Shahrukh might be an awan.

Shahrukh family is kashmiri mir (peshawari hindko speaking)

Shahrukh family is kashmiri mir (peshawari hindko speaking)

He said in a tweet tweet that his grandfather was a "pathan" and his grandmother a kashmiri. Hindko people are called pathans I believe as Anil Kapoor also called himself a pathan, even though he's a khatri.

ayla-malik.jpg
imran-khan-mianwali.jpg

These malik sisters are accused of having a loose character. It is unprecedented that the nawab of kalabagh, whose name i forgot, supported Imran Khan. There's a sense of dislike between the two tribes I mentioned. I have actually seen some awans making fun of niazis. I heard that Iyla Malik and Zani...I mean Imran Khan have a chakar :P

PS: She's half baloch btw.

He said in a tweet tweet that his grandfather was a "pathan" and his grandmother a kashmiri. Hindko people are called pathans I believe as Anil Kapoor also called himself a pathan, even though he's a khatri.

These malik sisters are accused of having a loose character. It is unprecedented that the nawab of kalabagh, whose name i forgot, supported Imran Khan. There's a sense of dislike between the two tribes I mentioned. I have actually seen some awans making fun of niazis. I heard that Iyla Malik and Zani...I mean Imran Khan have a chakar :P

PS: She's half baloch btw.

From imran khan one can expect anything, even at this age of 62 he still seems to have no control over his hormones like a teenager :sarcastic::sarcastic:

From imran khan one can expect anything, even at this age of 62 he still seems to have no control over his hormones like a teenager :sarcastic::sarcastic:

There are rumors that he's still in game, and that he still sleeps with his burger fan girls in their 20s. There's also reputed to be a video tape of his getting all intimate with someone. Claims to be a mujahid of Islam, yet chews bubble gum while praying. Haha

There are rumors that he's still in game, and that he still sleeps with his burger fan girls in their 20s. There's also reputed to be a video tape of his getting all intimate with someone. Claims to be a mujahid of Islam, yet chews bubble gum while praying. Haha

Chor chori sey jaye magar hera pheri sey na jaye

Waris shah also had a couplet in heer waris shah which was something like "Waris shah payyan adatan nahi jaandian" (not precise but gives hint about what he wanted to express)

Last edited:
Some Awans definitely have qutab shahi arabic origins, but majority I believe is local to pothohar region.

I was drawing you attention that not all pakistanis jatts are related to indian jaats of haryana, rajashtan and western UP. There are only few common clans. The majority of pakistani jatt clans are quite distinct and do not have any representation among "jaats" found in neighboring indian states.

Some historians are of the view that Arains are the oldest layer of rural farmers in pakistani punjab and other farmer groups (jatts, gujjars etc. ) arrived later in punjab from neighboring areas.

Ironically most of the jatt clans (jamot) in sindh (their original ancestral land) consider themselves as baloch.

Right but all Jats are related and share some things in common

Right but all Jats are related and share some things in common

I dont think pakistani muslim punjabi jatts have anything in common with hindi speaking jaats of haryana, rajashthan or western UP. We have more or less same lifestyle and customs (jatt, gujjars, rajputs , arains, kashmiris etc.) in central punjab, I dont see any particualr custom in pakistani punjabi jatts that is different from other tribes among whom they are living in our area.

I dont think pakistani muslim punjabi jatts have anything in common with hindi speaking jaats of haryana, rajashthan or western UP. We have more or less same lifestyle and customs (jatt, gujjars, rajputs , arains, kashmiris etc.) in central punjab, I dont see any particualr custom in pakistani punjabi jatts that is different from other tribes among whom they are living in our area.

I don't know where this myth of Pakistan punjab being majority jatt come from. Even in pf there people hate jatts and looks like they don't know about anyother biraderi.

Some notable Niazis............
f1c68518c93dec6ef5837a141b3f1173.jpeg

misbah-ul-haq-icc.jpg

Sher-Afgan-Khan-Niazi-550x433.jpg

DSC_7004.jpg

4174621500_715435703d.jpg

General_A._A._Niazi.jpg

Attaullah-Khan-Esakhelvi-a-Pakistani-Legend-life-review1.jpg

major-general-sanaullah-niazi.jpeg

Niazis have heavy presence in army

Niazis are the pride of Pakistan. They are among the best true Pakhtoons! Men of Honour and Spirituality and brotherhood. Men of wisdom. I am speaking generally, there might be exceptions.

Awans are not related to Janjuas at all. They might be rajputs, but certainly not janjuas. Most rajputs do not intermarry with awans. Awans in kashmir also claim an arab origin. And the "jud" of babur were just janjua really. I have many reasons to say that but can't mention them right now.

Also, I heard Shahrukh Khan is also a hindkowan and not a Pashtun. Is that true?

Kohati bulterrier dogs are famed throughout the punjab. In punjab, the professional boar hunters always carry stitches with them as boars are very fierce animals. A lot of dogs get their intestines out, but the hunters quickly sew them back in. A very cruel sport.

shah rukh khan is of baloch and shia muslim origin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom