What's new

When Niazis contested for throne of Delhi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shah Rukh Khan is not awaan lol. He is a mix of Jnajua and Pathan. Shahrukh Khans father Taj Mohammed Khan was a freedom activist of Pathan background and Lateef Fatima (shahrukh mother) who was the daughter of Major general Shah Nawaz Khan of the Janjua Rajpout clan who served as a General in the Indian National Army of Subash Chandra Bose.

His mother is ethnically an Indian muslim, hence an urdu speaker muhajir. She was adopted by general Shahnawaz. And he might be a hindko, as they call themselves pathans too. Anil Kapoor did in one interview. Rajas of Potohar and AJK are very strict when it comes to marriages. Back then they were even stricter. Even a male raja wasn't allowed to marry outside the rajas.

I read in Jhelum settlement report that the Gakhars would not allow any inheritance to a male son, who wasn't born of a gakhar or rajput mother. The janjuas would only give 1/4th of due share of the inheritance to half breeds. The chief families of rajas would not give their daughters in marriage to even pirs and sayyids. Awans were also reputed to be very strict. But times are changing now, though, a lot of traditional and proud families still won't marry outside their tribe/race.

Last edited:
Why do you think hindkowans exist only in cities like peshawer city, kohat city and nowshera city?. And the entire rural population of these districts is pashtun?
Here what happened.
1-The original inhabitants of KPK were hindus, with same ethnic and linguistic composition as punjab. Basically KPK was part of punjab. Its northren portion was dardic though.
2- Mehmud ghaznavi destroyed the entire hindu population of KPK. The survivors fled to other side of indus. It was a move to create buffer zone between his domain and hindostan. Dilazak pashtuns, who were serving as soldiers in his army were given these lands ( malakand division, peshawer division, hazara division along with attock.
3- The southren desert-like dry areas of KPK didnt get populated for atleast three centuries, had presence of only few pastoral nomad jats according to bannu gazetteer. Then defeated tribes from afghanistan begin to settle in these undesirable lands in 14th and 15th centuries.
4- Pashtun tribes hired craftsmen, karigar from punjab side , tarkhan, lohar, mochi, kumhar, hajam etc. They were "kami" of your punjab but were required by pashtuns for their skills. According to 1901 and 1911 census, they are as many as 20 to 30% of pashto speakers in KPK.
5- Mughals had control over cities of KPK, basically peshawer city became island/colony of mughals and their indian subjects within hostile pashtun country. The city was walled and safe from rural pashtun population surrounding the city. Sikhs , being punjabis, also brought punjabis of all three religions to the city.
5- Hindki/hindko was hindi some time ago, coined by pashtuns for the hindi population, present day punjabis, who were mostly hindus at that time.

I heard the gun makers in Darra Adam Khel are actually descendants of Sialkoti lohars brought over by Ranjit Singh, but now they call themselves pathans.

I heard the gun makers in Darra Adam Khel are actually descendants of Sialkoti lohars brought over by Ranjit Singh, but now they call themselves pathans.

Mughals are not dumb terrorists. The lohars of Sialkot are Punjabi Mughals usually.

His mother is ethnically an Indian muslim, hence an urdu speaker muhajir. She was adopted by general Shahnawaz. And he might be a hindko, as they call themselves pathans too. Anil Kapoor did in one interview. Rajas of Potohar and AJK are very strict when it comes to marriages. Back then they were even stricter. Even a male raja wasn't allowed to marry outside the rajas.

I read in Jhelum settlement report that the Gakhars would not allow any inheritance to a male son, who wasn't born of a gakhar or rajput mother. The janjuas would only give 1/4th of due share of the inheritance to half breeds. The chief families of rajas would not give their daughters in marriage to even pirs and sayyids. Awans were also reputed to be very strict. But times are changing now, though, a lot of traditional and proud families still won't marry outside their tribe/race.

I said this based on Janjua clan of Maj General Shah Nawaz khan. If Lateef Fatima was his adopted daughter then we cannot say anything about her clan with certainty. Back then there was no India or Pakistan as two separate country. Maj General Shah Nawaz Khan is known as Indian freedom fighter even though he was born in the village of matore, Kahuta , Rawalpindi and his father Tikka khan was also captain from matore .

Shah Rukh Khan resemble a lot to his father though and i have heard that her mother was also magistrate

Shah-Rukh-Khan-Bday-Parents.jpg

Mughals are not dumb terrorists. The lohars of Sialkot are Punjabi Mughals usually.
I said this based on Janjua clan of Maj General Shah Nawaz khan. If Lateef Fatima was his adopted daughter then we cannot say anything about her clan with certainty. Back then there was no India or Pakistan as two separate country. Maj General Shah Nawaz Khan is known as Indian freedom fighter even though he was born in the village of matore, Kahuta , Rawalpindi and his father Tikka khan was also captain from matore .

Shah Rukh Khan resemble a lot to his father though and i have heard that her mother was also magistrate

Shah-Rukh-Khan-Bday-Parents.jpg

His father doesn't look pakhtun. He looks north Indic. And he was called "indian freedeom fighter" due to his association with Subhash Chandar Bose. Potoharis have nothing to do with Indians as a whole and we feel no affinity with them. Only dogras might be related to us because of similar clans here and there. Some Potoharis even do not consider themselves Punjabi. I'm pretty indifferent though.

The very name UP was not there in those days , British occupied the throne from Mughals and regarded urdu as cultural left over´of turko-persians and hence suitable to be officially implemented in punjab and other provinces that are pakistan now. That is the reason why the biggest poet after Mirza ghalib was Allama Iqbal from Sialkot punjab because he had to get education in lahore in british built urdu schools, punjabi was not taught in schools in punjab. Had british implemented punjabi as the official language , we would not have been using urdu at all, mohajir mein itni jurrat kahan key hamein urdu bolney par majboori kar sakta.

your post has been reported for racism against Urdu speaking Pakistanis

What does a Punjabi from Pakistan have to do with it. Go speak your Lahnda.

this indian pretends to know about Pakistan more than Pakistanis

UP was called United Provinces. British didn't regarded but planned by creating division in Hindi-Urdu among Hindu Muslims and Mughals used Persians. Its still associated with Muslims of UP, yours is Punjabi of Baba Farid, Bulleh shah and Waris Shah, not Urdu. A Muslim from UP don't go around claiming your Lahnda as his own language because Punjabis are Muslims. :wacko:

I told you it is complex issue, urdu was imposed on punjabi muslims as far back as 1860 by british occupying forces, it was not in the hands of punjabi to decide anything, but hindu bhayya cannot claim urdu regardless of whatever britsh did.

It is possible. In the history pashtuns have hired/brought skilled persons from other areas. Even today pashtun wont do the job of hajam, lohar, goldsmith, mochi, kumhar etc, but would do the hard physical labour, drivery, chokidaari etc because these are not associated with "kami" professions.

Terrorists come in every race, shape and size. MQM, Punjabi sectarian killers and BLA are all terrorists, and no different from TTP. And a lot of tribes claim a mughal origin but they aren't usually.

Don't be a racist mate. But I agree, they actually came from somewhere else. I think they are related to roma gypsies of europe and doom of middle east.

Mughals who settled in Punjab adopted the Lohaar profession. They did not come from ganga land.

Most Mughals however settled in gangaland, just as most Pathans settled in ganga land and not Punjab, due to the racism of the jats and rajputs and khatris in Punjab, and jats were the bastard children of brahmans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom